June 2016 Time Trial
Seeing as the last Time Trial opened up the possibility of some pretty intense to optimize stuff...here's a simple in concept, moderate difficulty level with a ton of potential depth! Can you set up a central room so that two different monsters can pass through simultaneously?

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/575-%7B?%7D/

Standard technicalities shamelessly ripped off from Miika still apply:
1) The person with the highest remaining time the level wins! There may be a tie in overall score.
2) You may enter in only the MS ruleset. I know this is undesirable, but with the concept the two rulesets would be fundamentally unbalanced. The best Lynx solution will be awarded 5 bonus Chip Cup points, like the previous TT. Apologies to those who prefer the Lynx ruleset- if I could have made this concept work there just as well, I would have.
3) Please send your solutions (either the tws file or avis) to my own email jbardonjr at charter dot net. Do not post your solutions or solution times or share them with others before the competition results are announced. All times will be published at the same time, and the quickest solutions will eventually be released. I will strive to respond to your message by a confirmation that your score has been recorded.
4) The level isn't too hard to solve. Don't be afraid to send in your solution even if you sense it isn't perfect, and simple casual solutions are also appreciated.
5) This is part of the 2016 season of the Chip Cup. Winner will be awarded 15 points, second place 12, third 10 points, and so on. If you win a competition here for the first time, you receive the "You're Winner!" award. All participants who haven't participated in a Time Trial earlier receive the "Run, Chip, Run" award.
6) Submission deadline is July 3rd, 2016 where you live. I will judge the submissions without warning the during the following days but will accept submissions until I do. If you need a more specific time, you can always ask. To avoid losing on time (it is a time trial after all), get your solutions in early rather than later! You can send in improvements while the competition is running, so there is no downside to sending in something you know might not be your best effort if you had forever to work on it.

7) The designer of the level may enter the competition, as long as they feel to not have gained any significant advantage as a result of having some advanced knowledge of the levels.
8) The level may receive an update within the first week of their release. This will only be done if there is some significant problem with the first versions of the levels. Please contact me if you suspect something is off.9) <span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);">A participant may 'freeze' their scores at some point after submitting their own solutions. They will not be able to send in any more updates after this, but they may talk about the levels and their times with other people who have frozen their entry. I will update a public list of people who have frozen their score.

Frozen times:

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);">IHNN

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);">chipster1059
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:1) The person with the highest combined remaining time on the two levels wins! There may be a tie in overall score.
Where is the second level?
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:Where is the second level?
Whoops, I thought I changed all 'multiple level' references... there's a lot of minor things to change in those technicalities Tongue

(there's only the one level this time- I figured it's complex enough that it doesn't need anything paired with it.)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

There's a little over a week remaining to enter this TT!

I myself am not entering in Lynx, but I do have an MS score finalized and frozen now. Currently responding to the received submissions verifying the existing times- best of luck to the entrants!

And don't forget, there's a bonus 5 Chip Cup points for the fastest Lynx solution. I'm quite curious to see how this would differ from the MS route.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

And submissions are closed!

Compiling results to be edited in here...

M11k4 : 465 MS / 475 Lynx | 13 pts + 5 pts

random 8 : 465 MS / 473 Lynx | 13 pts

Motekopasznyaku: 463 MS / 475 Lynx | 10 pts + 5 pts

Kevin : 458 MS | 8 pts

Bacorn : 457 MS

| 7 pts

IHNN : 454 MS

| 6 pts

chipster1059 : 401 MS / 446 Lynx | 5 pts

Congratulations to Miika and random 8 for finding the best MS time (with different routes, no less!) and Miika and Moteko... Mote for the best Lynx time, also with different routes! Random 8 tried something a bit different in Lynx with block slapping across fire that didn't quite pan out as well.

Kevin and Bacorn had similar approaches, and my own time suffered from having designed the level: when my initial route came out to be only 46 seconds, I falsely assumed it was a good time as I'd expected the level to take over a minute! As a result, I didn't really explore other options in the level.

The level itself definitely carried a lot of depth, but was quite block heavy. With that in mind, I've designed a couple levels for a future TT that don't have any block pushing at all. Keep an eye out for it!

I'll record the best solutions and upload them soon, but in the meantime, awards!

Mote gets the Run, Chip, Run award. That's quite the placement for a first time entry!

random 8 gets the Doopleganger award.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Wow, that was a close race. Thanks for the quick results, and it will be interesting to see the routes.

I wonder what people thought of having just one relatively short level as the whole competition?
At least it was a change to the previous comp with the difficult levels Slight smile
This was fun! I'm glad to see my first entry in one of these little competition things went as well as it did.

I'm looking forward to seeing what all the different sorts of routes everyone else came up with in an open puzzle level like this
First: sorry I haven't recorded the best routes yet, it's been a pretty crazy couple of weeks for me. I'll try to get them recorded and uploaded later today, but it's looking like I won't be able to until the 20th.

Some of the delay is real life related, especially the past couple days, and some is from technical issues. (thanks Miika for the help with those) A lot of it is because I really want to show the routes for this level in full-screen Tile World, and that takes additional effort to set up and some issues with recording the full screen I hadn't foreseen.

So again, sorry for not showing the best routes to this level yet, but at least the results are posted!

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Jeff, no worries. We'll still be here when they are released. I think it's a good sign that we are waiting for this, as it means we care. Recording with seeing the whole puzzle at once is a very good idea. Glider
http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/607-june-2016-tt-routes/

Trying to get these TWS files to run was a pain.

IHNN1 | IHNN2