March 2016 Time Trial
First Time Trial starts in late February and only has one level—this year is off to a pretty slow start. See what i did there? *cough*

Anyway, here's the level: http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/541-ccz-tt-1603/

Now, if you've already looked at the level before reading this, or your name is Jeffrey Bardon, you probably know that something is odd about the level: Chip is missing. That's because you get to place him on the map! You can place him anywhere you want, as long as it's not one of the places marked with an X in this image. You also can't place him where a creature or block is, and the level must remain Lynx-playable (specifically: he must be on the top layer, and if you wish to place him on a non-floor tile, that tile must be moved to the bottom layer).

Put in more simple terms, you cannot place Chip such that the level can be solved in less than a second, or such that the tank mechanism no longer works.

Technically technical technicalities, technically copied from technically Miika technically:

1) The person with the highest time wins! Ties will not be broken.

2) You may enter in either MS or Lynx, with the former being the primary rules. This means that any Lynx solution times that exceed the best MS solution time will be considered equal to that MS time, but otherwise all the times will be compared together in one category.

3) Please send your solutions (either the tws file or avis), along with either your starting position stated in the email body or a .dat/.ccl showing your starting position, to my own email, ryanDOTrandom8ATyahooDOTcom. Do not post your solutions or solution times or share them with others before the competition results are announced. All times will be published at the same time, and the quickest solutions will eventually be released. I will strive to respond to your message by a confirmation that your score has been recorded.

4) The level isn't too hard to solve. Don't be afraid to send in your solutions even if you sense they aren't perfect, and simple casual solutions are also appreciated.

5) This is part of the 2016 season of the Chip Cup. Winner will be awarded 15 points, second place 12 points, third place 10 points, and so on. If you win a competition here for the first time, you receive the "You're Winner!" award. All participants who haven't participated in a Time Trial earlier receive the "Run, Chip, Run" award.

6) Submission deadline is end of March, 2016 where you live. I will judge the submissions without warning during the following days but will accept submissions until I do. If you need a more specific time, you can always ask. To avoid losing on time (it is a time trial after all), get your solutions in earlier rather than later! You can send in improvements while the competition is running, so there is no downside to sending in something you know might not be your best effort if you had forever to work on it.

7) The designer of the level may enter the competition, but he chooses not to, so whatever.

8) The level may receive an update within the first week of its release. This will only be done if there is some significant problem with the first version of the level. Please contact me if you suspect something is off.

9) A participant may 'freeze' their scores at some point after submitting their own solutions. They will not be able to send in any more updates after this, but they may talk about the levels and their times with other people who have frozen their entry. I will update a public list of people who have frozen their scores.

-----

People who have frozen their scores:
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Reminder: this competition exists. It's over half-way done (less than 3 weeks left) and could use some more participants. Slight smile

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
One week left! Get your submission in while you still can!

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
SUBMISSIONS CLOSED.

Results will be posted soon. Maybe.

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Results:

1. M11k4: 850, started at (30,20)

2. Ihavenoname248: 843, started at (3,2)

3. rubenspaans: 835 Lynx, started at (21,28)

No new awards to be given, but congratulations to Miika on yet another time trial win. Chip Win

Miika and Ruben each sent a single improvement (844->850 and 830->835, respectively; same starting positions), whereas noname did not send any improvements. Too bad it didn't matter. Teeth

Anyway, here's a silent video of all solutions:

<div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo">

Thanks to all who participated, and may allergies be forgiving this season.

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Gah, now I feel silly for not realizing starting on a wall was a thing that could be done for a very good result. Well spotted to Miika on that starting position!

I also looked at 17, 4 for a starting point, but most of the cycles didn't work out well as a result.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Wow, wasn't sure I would pull this one off. Thanks R8 for making this level and running the whole thing! I didn't try the level in Lynx, but watching Ruben's solution makes me wonder if I can even solve the level without boosting (well, at least the timing would be different than I was used to). I wonder if editing the level proved too much work for others who didn't enter, or was the long gap between time trials the reason for a relatively low participation? I enjoyed the level.