AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
So, 3 new levels...

Enduring is either a clever puzzle to find the solution, or completely busted, as I was able to find a way to stop the cloning.

Syncing is a level that suffers from taking up the entire map. The central dodging section is neat, but the long winding hallways wear thin, and the recessed wall above the blue lock is an unneeded and potentially cheap trap- though with the low time limit, choosing wrong would lead to failure anyway...

Misdirecting doesn't seem to be doable in Lynx, unless I've missed something major. At the flippers, you can't take them in Lynx (you can in MS) and appear to be stuck in the second room with the teeth/fireballs without them. Also in MS, you can get the green key early using a flick and bust the level, with which I obtained a time of 579. I'm also unsure of how to approach this without the bust. Other Lynx issues I spotted are, well, the element room (which isn't guesswork this time, as what you can observe forces flippers+fire!) where the chip can't be collected in Lynx.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:12 minutes ago, Ihavenoname248 said:

So, 3 new levels...

Enduring is either a clever puzzle to find the solution, or completely busted, as I was able to find a way to stop the cloning.

Syncing is a level that suffers from taking up the entire map. The central dodging section is neat, but the long winding hallways wear thin, and the recessed wall above the blue lock is an unneeded and potentially cheap trap- though with the low time limit, choosing wrong would lead to failure anyway...

Misdirecting doesn't seem to be doable in Lynx, unless I've missed something major. At the flippers, you can't take them in Lynx (you can in MS) and appear to be stuck in the second room with the teeth/fireballs without them. Also in MS, you can get the green key early using a flick and bust the level, with which I obtained a time of 579. I'm also unsure of how to approach this without the bust. Other Lynx issues I spotted are, well, the element room (which isn't guesswork this time, as what you can observe forces flippers+fire!) where the chip can't be collected in Lynx.

And here I thought I'd rechecked that room more than enough times... sigh.

(Should also have probably specified my "competition" was for a non-busted approach...)

Anyways, I'll replace the south tiles with north ones at the bottom. Is that the only bust?

BTW Misdirecting is not supposed to be solvable in Lynx. I did consider it, but making it Lynx-compatible seems to require surprisingly numerous and fundamental changes that would make it almost a different level.

I assume Enduring is busted because of collisions? Can't see anything else that could be theoretically off about it...
Check out my levelset: AndrewR1
Discuss it here: AndrewR1 feedback and discussion
Enduring only requires one collision- step left, then up 3, then right until you're 2R3U from the clone button, then down 4 and right. Then you can go make a loop wherever for the 5 gliders and wait out the mechanism.

I was looking at Misdirecting under the assumption that it was meant to be solvable in Lynx, and trying to find a solution that broke as few Lynx rules as possible, so I could easily have missed something about the end stages of the level. In fact, on looking again I see exactly what I overlooked and how to solve the level (my intended path play got up to the element room, and the remaining steps aren't too bad). So, for the intended solution- I don't like the blind ice slide across the fireball room (though it's at the start so it's okay I guess) and I really don't like the slide to get the fire boots, as there is an element of lucky timing to it.

Most of the level is kind of just... there. I do very much like the green key room and seemingly irrelevant socket, as that's a pretty neat interaction with the ice.
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Quote:4 hours ago, Ihavenoname248 said:

Enduring only requires one collision- step left, then up 3, then right until you're 2R3U from the clone button, then down 4 and right. Then you can go make a loop wherever for the 5 gliders and wait out the mechanism.

I was looking at Misdirecting under the assumption that it was meant to be solvable in Lynx, and trying to find a solution that broke as few Lynx rules as possible, so I could easily have missed something about the end stages of the level. In fact, on looking again I see exactly what I overlooked and how to solve the level (my intended path play got up to the element room, and the remaining steps aren't too bad). So, for the intended solution- I don't like the blind ice slide across the fireball room (though it's at the start so it's okay I guess) and I really don't like the slide to get the fire boots, as there is an element of lucky timing to it.

Most of the level is kind of just... there. I do very much like the green key room and seemingly irrelevant socket, as that's a pretty neat interaction with the ice.

There is no lucky timing for the slide at all - you simply step off when given a certain indicator, so to speak. (It's worked every time I've tried it.)

BTW you didn't answer my question about the flick bust - it's just the bottom ones, right?

And would you mind solving it without using said bust, and telling me your score (and maybe some more thoughts)? I want to know you found the actual intended solution, and that there isn't yet another issue I've overlooked.
Yes, for the 579 I only flicked off of the bottom thin walls.

Using the socket path and all keys, I just played out an unoptimized 427. I did run into an issue after getting the green key of how to get back to the NW room, but again resolved that with a flick (onto the water at 2, 8). With how few options there are at any given point, I'm pretty sure this is the intended solution unless there's something subtle I overlooked: but with the NW room, you either need to save the flippers (impossible given thieves) or flick.

And you're correct that certain cyclic indicators can work for each of the ice slides where a monster can appear from offscreen, with no luck at all- but developing that cue can require subjecting yourself to lucky timing, most notably at the beginning with the fireballs. Further- a few of the cycles do change slightly over time due to slide delay, albeit only in small ways that fix themselves.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Quote:19 hours ago, Ihavenoname248 said:

Yes, for the 579 I only flicked off of the bottom thin walls.

Using the socket path and all keys, I just played out an unoptimized 427. I did run into an issue after getting the green key of how to get back to the NW room, but again resolved that with a flick (onto the water at 2, 8). With how few options there are at any given point, I'm pretty sure this is the intended solution unless there's something subtle I overlooked: but with the NW room, you either need to save the flippers (impossible given thieves) or flick.

And you're correct that certain cyclic indicators can work for each of the ice slides where a monster can appear from offscreen, with no luck at all- but developing that cue can require subjecting yourself to lucky timing, most notably at the beginning with the fireballs. Further- a few of the cycles do change slightly over time due to slide delay, albeit only in small ways that fix themselves.

I found the timing in that section to be incredibly obvious though, and figured it out on the first try.

Anyways, please take a look at the fixed version of the levelset I just put up, particularly Enduring.
After another bust in Enduring was identified over Skype (how can such a simple level have so many busts!?), I had to update the set yet again.

This time the older levels were not left unchanged, though: Reflecting has been changed to be more symmetric. I'm actually a bit surprised nobody pointed out the asymmetry to me, given the level title.

The time limit in Misdirecting has also been increased to allow for more exploration, but the level is otherwise unchanged so solutions are unaffected.