October 2015 Time Trial
Another month, another Time Trial! Thanks to Jeffrey (IHNN) for allowing two of his Ultimate Chip 5 levels to be used. You can download them <a class="bbc_url" href="https://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/506-october-2015-time-trial/">here</a>.

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/506-%7B?%7D/

Technicalities copied from Miika:
1) The person with the highest combined remaining time on the two levels wins! There may be a tie in overall score.

2) You may enter in MS or Lynx, with the former being the primary rules. This means that any Lynx times that exceed the best MS solution time will be considered equal to that MS time, but otherwise all the times will be compared together in one category.

3) Please send your solutions (either the tws file or avis) to my own email ivorydreams at me dot com. Do not post your solutions or solution times or share them with others before the competition results are announced. All times will be published at the same time, and the quickest solutions will eventually be released. I will strive to respond to your message by a confirmation that your score has been recorded.

4) The levels aren't too hard to solve. Don't be afraid to send in your solutions even if you sense they aren't perfect, and simple casual solutions are also appreciated. You may enter if you solve at least one of the levels, but solving more will obviously place higher.

5) This is part of the 2015 season of the Chip Cup. Winner will be awarded 15 points, second place 12, third 10 points, and so on. If you win a competition here for the first time, you receive the "You're Winner!" award. All participants who haven't participated in a Time Trial earlier receive the "Run, Chip, Run" award.

6) Submission deadline is November 15, 2015 where you live. I will judge the submissions without warning the during the following days but will accept submissions until I do. If you need a more specific time, you can always ask. To avoid losing on time (it is a time trial after all), get your solutions in early rather than later! You can send in improvements while the competition is running, so there is no downside to sending in something you know might not be your best effort if you had forever to work on it.

7) The designers of the levels, may enter the competition, as long as they feel to not have gained any significant advantage as a result of having some advanced knowledge of the levels.

8) The levels may receive an update within the first week of the competition. This will only be done if there is some significant problem with the first versions of the levels.

9) <span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);"><span style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">A participant may "freeze" their scores at some point after submitting their own solutions. They will not be able to send in any more updates after this, but they may talk about the levels and their times with other people who have frozen their entry. I will update a public list of people who have frozen their score.

<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);"><span style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue';">People who have frozen their scores so far: Hornlitz, IHNN, Syzygy, J.B. Lewis.
Quote:4)

The levels aren't too hard to solve.
Heh, Chemical Fire took me a while to even solve, and I designed it. Going to be quite an interesting pair of levels this time...

Alright, kept up my trend of early TT submissions with another day one entry. Glad this went up on the one day I have spare time (though with the week off I get soon, that's kind of a moot point Tongue )
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
These levels have already been released, so several people have already played them and maybe a few even optimized them. Are these people still allowed to enter?
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
I don't have a problem with it: there's no public solutions or even solve times for these levels, and these aren't complex enough to take a dedicated several weeks of effort (like some CCLP3 levels).

Though, if anyone had optimized these before, I'd hope they'd submit earlier rather than later. Casual solves wouldn't have much effect on the TT because optimized routes will look quite different from a casual solve.
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Results time!

1. Ihavenoname248 - 431 + 382 = 813 (431L + 383L)

2. jblewis - 430 + 382 = 812

3. Hornlitz - 430L + 381L = 811

3. M11k4 - 429 + 382L = 811

5. Kevin - 421 + 374 = 795

6. Syzygy - 396L + 371L = 767

7. RB3ProKeys - 360 + 367 = 727

Additionally, Syzygy sent in 426 + 374 = 800 (and 426L + 375L = 801L) after freezing his scores. Congrats to everyone who entered!
Nice to finally win one of these without it being a tie or due to the level being much faster in Lynx Tongue

Since the best routes haven't been posted anywhere yet, here's a personal upload of my routes in Lynx (the routes are the same for both):

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Thanks JB for running the comp! Great to see the results Slight smile I can't believe I was short on both levels. Aargh. That's one of the great things about these competitions, because there is only a limited amount of time, the results only reflect what type of a route one found during the competition and not if we had eternity to work on them. Still hurts though Tongue

Thanks IHNN for posting your routes Slight smile My main mistake for the first level seems to be how I treated the SW corner in my calculations. For the second level I guess I didn't realize so much of the work could be done after getting the boots, making me waste time on clearing dirt.

Any chance we'll see one or more competitions starting up for December? I had talked with James a bit about the possibility of him running one, but haven't heard from him.