January 2015 Time Trial
New Year, New Chip Cup! J.B. has won the last two (congratulations!). Will anyone rise this year to challenge him?

This time this time trial is as simple as it gets: just download the competition levels from here and send in your submissions!

Ask about any clarifications, though here are a few details on what's going on:

1) The person with the highest combined remaining time on the three levels wins!
2) You may enter in either MS or Lynx, with the former being the primary rules. This means that any Lynx solution times that exceed the best MS solution time will be considered equal to that MS time, but otherwise all the times will be compared together in one category. There may be a tie in the overall score.
3) Please send your solutions (either the tws file or avis) to CCZoneNextLevel at gmail dot com, or to my own email valeosote at hotmail dot com. Do not post your solutions or solution times or share them with others before the competition results are announced. All times will be published at the same time, and the quickest solutions will eventually be released. I will strive to respond to your message by a confirmation that your score has been recorded.
4) The levels shouldn't be too hard to solve. Don't be afraid to send in your solutions even if you sense they aren't perfect, and simple casual solutions are also appreciated. You may enter if you solve at least one of the levels, but solving more will obviously place higher. The levels have time limits of 110, 60, and 999.
5) This is part of the 2015 season of the Chip Cup. Winner will be awarded 15 points, second place 12, third 10 points, and so on. If you win a competition here for the first time, you receive the "You're Winner!" award. All participants who haven't participated in a time trial earlier receive the "Run, Chip, Run" award. If your name is Michael, I'll allow you to name one level in the next time trial.
6) Submission deadline is February 1st where you live. I will judge the submissions without warning the following week but will accept submissions until I do. If you need a more specific time, you can always ask. To avoid losing on time (it is a time trial after all), get your solutions in early rather than later! You can send in improvements while the competition is running, so there is no downside to sending in something you know might not be your best effort if you had forever to work on it.

7) The designers of the levels (myself and random 8 (thank you!)), may enter the competition, as we have not optimized them, nor have we had significantly more time to work on them compared to the rest of you.

Enjoy!

-Miika
Submitted an entry. I might go back to try to improve my time on the 3rd level later in the month.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:Submitted an entry. I might go back to try to improve my time on the 3rd level later in the month.
Great job! I guess I'll have to work on the levels too if I want to participate, as I can't after having looked at yours. Slight smile
I've sent in an entry too, but have made faster times since. I'll have to resend once I'm sure I cannot get any faster. Wink
Darn, I made a faster time in one of the levels after the deadline.. in Lynx too!

Just for comparison my times are:

------------ MS --- LYNX

Level 1 - 88 --- 88

Level 2 - 41 --- 40

Level 3 - 877 --- 884
Results time!

So first off I'll disqualify Syzygy for talking about his times... just kidding Tongue I know you guys have been waiting for the results, and this is the earliest I have been able to post them, so let's get to it!

We have a tie! More than one actually. Try to make sense of this:

1. jblewis -> 88 + 48 + 891 (also 88, 46, 900 in Lynx) = 1027

-- Ihavenoname248 -> 88 + 48 + 882 (also 88, 44, 896 in Lynx) = 1027

3. James -> 88 + 47 + 891 = 1026

-- M11k4 -> 88 + 47 + 891 (also 88, 44, 900 in Lynx) = 1026

-- random 8 -> 88 + 47 + 890 (also 88, 45, 899 in Lynx) = 1026

6. Syzygy -> 88 + 41 + 877 (also 88, 29, 884 in Lynx) = 1013

7. RB3ProKeys -> 88 + 46 + 874 = 1008

8. chipster1059 -> 88 + 41 + 862 = 991

9. ajmiam -> 88 + 20 + 763 = 871

10.Minus3K2 -> 79 + 8 + 699 = 786

Congrats to JB and IHNN for being the only ones to get 48 on the second level and thus secure the top spot! I believe this is the first time that more than seven people entered a Time Trial, and certainly the first time five people where within one second of the best scores. Even the next few spots were pretty tight, and a couple of the players clearly benefited from submitting times in both rule sets. I'll be handing out the appropriate awards and Chip Cup points soon.

We had a large tie on the last level, where three people sent in MS times of 891 and two others surpassed this in Lynx (which are considered equal to the highest MS time when summing the scores together). I have previously stated that I would consider using the Lynx times as a tie-breaker in case everyone submitted a time in Lynx, but now have realized that it would not be fair method (and at the very least would need to be stated ahead of time). Even though on this occasion we are left with a tie, I feel it was nice not to feel the need to squeeze out every move and still be happy with one's submission. It would be interesting to find a 892 MS route, or to combine some of the Lynx ideas and get past 900.

For various reasons, I wasn't able to upload the solutions for the last level, but here are the quickest ones for Sunday Jog:

<div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo " contenteditable="false">

I'll be posting the new Time Trial levels very soon, so I hope you all join in again!

-Miika
My lack of effort on Level 3 shows-I played it a few times in MS improvising the whole way through, then worked out some details for a Lynx route involving lots of block slaps. The improvising I did there still hurt my time, but apparently it was still enough for the tie Slight smile

J.B. and I actually compared times on level 2 & 3 the day before the results were announced-his manual toggle finish was not something I'd considered at all. For the third level we left off the last digit, so his 891/900 was a rather formidable 89x/90x!
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Well, at least I bolded the first level! Tongue
Managed to optimize the nightmare block pushing level perfectly and still lost. Fail

Congrats to JB and Jeffrey Slight smile

Here's my 891 solution to #3 (will remove if the top solutions ever get "officially" posted)