Ultimate Chip 2: (Released!)
Nice me not checking this topic until now.

AWARDED
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I promised to give a review to this set. Sorry for waiting too long IHNN Tongue

There are 149 levels in here. What I like from this set that it has some pretty good-looking ones! The puzzles can be simple or hard to tackle depending to the size. I haven’t played all of them, so recommend me if you want to hear my opinion about the other levels that I should play. Here are some notable ones:

<><><><><>

#17 Another Simple Puzzle: reminds me of From the Inside Out by Ben Hornlitz, except smaller and far easier to solve. Regardless, due to my suckness, I still fail on the first attempt.

#25 Let’s play a game: I didn’t see that one coming! I didn’t notice the letters cleverly formed one by one until I read the hint in the end. My favorite! Heart

#45 Potpourri II: Fun, but needs lucky timing (at the glider mechanism). I was lucky enough to finish it with 2 seconds left.

#49 Pixel Art: Nice art and teleport use.

#87 Mined Boundary: Unsolvable in Lynx. Instant kill by the fireball.

#104 Imprisoned: Busted in 3 seconds Tongue

#118 Flow of Force: I managed to use only 3 out of 4 pop-up walls. Another good piece.

#136 Togglequest: If it weren’t for the amount of strict monster dodging, I will give this 5/5 at CCLP4 submission lol.

<><><><><>

My concern is that some of the levels are too big while it can be resized by removing obstacles that were already used. Levels like “Slightly Less Painful” is an example--screws at the end of levels like this lowers the enjoyment. You have to start all over again.

Other than that, is fine. I can see some of them going to make it into CCLP4 J
Teeth  Teeth  Teeth  
Teeth  Chip Win  Teeth  
Teeth   Teeth  Teeth
Yeah, as a whole I do feel like this set falls into some of the traps that CCLP3 fell into (and my first fell into some of the ones CCLP2 fell into lol). Notably the set I'm working on now is taking a few cues from CCLP1, so hopefully it turns out even better. I've fixed the bust in #104 (actually a very easy fix), and in a version I don't know if I've uploaded yet, I fixed #87 being unsolvable in Lynx. I've been going through playing the set in Lynx fixing any compatibility issues I come across, though it's not exactly the highest priority at the moment.

As for my opinion on levels that should be played, #135 (Storage Facility) is one of my favorites, and #96 (A Boy and His Blob) has a concept I don't think I've ever seen before. I also have quite a bit of fun playing #28 (Fire and Ice) and #77 (Streams). Oh, and before anyone mentions this-#41 is intentionally busted as an alternate solution Tongue
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:As for my opinion on levels that should be played, #135 (Storage Facility) is one of my favorites, and #96 (A Boy and His Blob) has a concept I don't think I've ever seen before. I also have quite a bit of fun playing #28 (Fire and Ice) and #77 (Streams). Oh, and before anyone mentions this-#41 is intentionally busted as an alternate solution Tongue

I like the pattern in #28, it was fun indeed. #96 could have been done better--I don't think the blocks were useful, instead I accidentally blocked the blob and cooked the level. I should have been more patient Fail

I would like levels with lots of chambers with chips and monsters in it (like #77) to be not needing all the chips. I actually played #41 before, and yeah, I remember busted that one. But forgot to include it in Tongue

#135 was hard at the beginning. It took many times to figure which path should be cleared first. And after I did, I died again. Fix this part and then it would be great Thumbs up

Well, some of the level are pretty hard to execute. But that's our tendency as level designer: "Try to beat this one!" *gives as many clever hard challenges as possible*

And later we realize that the fun factor is much more important. Which is why CCLP1 is awesome.
Teeth  Teeth  Teeth  
Teeth  Chip Win  Teeth  
Teeth   Teeth  Teeth