Poll: Which of the following do you use?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
CHIPS.EXE
17.65%
9 17.65%
Tile World
23.53%
12 23.53%
Tile World 2
39.22%
20 39.22%
More than one
19.61%
10 19.61%
I am so special I have an Atari Lynx with Chip's Challenge
0%
0 0%
Total 51 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

CHIPS.EXE, Tile World, or Tile World 2?
Quote:what he said + it's annoying that the command line has to come up when it runs. If I understand correctly every program has this but it is normally hidden.
Yes, another thing I don't like. Forgot to mention it.

Quote:I don't use the MS program anymore because I have a 64 bit computer. But I like tileworld better for one thing; the movement is easier. I remember how in MS if you hold down a key and let go, chip moves 1 extra move after letting go. So you have to get used to letting go of the key early. From what it sounds like when I listen to LPs a lot of you don't hold down the keys at all. That would make my fingers tired. Tongue Anyway, TW does not have this problem. I do miss the nostalgia of the MS version though.
I guess it's a good thing nobody pointed this out a few years ago...because Raiter would have added that glitch.

Quote:I have a virtual box which I've used to play games like Marble Drop (anybody hear of that one?).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marble_Drop This?
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:I guess it's a good thing nobody pointed this out a few years ago...because Raiter would have added that glitch.

I thought the keystroke buffer was intentional.

I never cared for it, though, and i prefer its absence in Tile World.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:

I don't use the MS program anymore because I have a 64 bit computer. But I like tileworld better for one thing; the movement is easier. I remember how in MS if you hold down a key and let go, chip moves 1 extra move after letting go. So you have to get used to letting go of the key early.

I have gotten used to this quickly, and never minded it at all.

Quote:

I have a 32-bit Windows 7 computer so I am still using MSCC Tongue

Thumbs up
Glider
First chipster ever reported to fill ON THE ROCKS with blocks.

HASHLEVELS.dat (49 CC1 levels)
I use tileworld on Mac mostly, and Lynx exclusively. Whenever I go back to MS mode, it looks so clunky.

I also run it under Linux in Virtualbox. When I am really desparate to crack a level, I can do an OS snapshot / revert to snapshot as a save/restore game mechanism for Tileworld. ( you have to pause the game before taking the snapshot, and after restoring, wait for the clocks on the VM and the host to sync before un-pausing )

Is that cheating ?
Quote:I use tileworld on Mac mostly, and Lynx exclusively. Whenever I go back to MS mode, it looks so clunky.

I also run it under Linux in Virtualbox. When I am really desparate to crack a level, I can do an OS snapshot / revert to snapshot as a save/restore game mechanism for Tileworld. ( you have to pause the game before taking the snapshot, and after restoring, wait for the clocks on the VM and the host to sync before un-pausing )

Is that cheating ?
What is this OS snapshot you are doing? I have no idea what that means.
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:I use tileworld on Mac mostly, and Lynx exclusively. Whenever I go back to MS mode, it looks so clunky.

Is that cheating ?
Thumbs up Lynx mode. When playing lynx mode for a while and I go back to MS it hurts my eyes Unamused

that's a good idea for saving progress but it sounds a little tedious

@Chipster: yes, that's the game! very addictive, I recommend it
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
Tile World II... with MSCC graphics.

DAMN WINDOWS 7 B)
'I made 1,000 levels once.' - Jacques

Quote:But I like tileworld better for one thing; the movement is easier. I remember how in MS if you hold down a key and let go, chip moves 1 extra move after letting go. So you have to get used to letting go of the key early.
This is probably one of the main reasons why I don't want to play TW. I'm so used to this way of playing. Perhaps because CC is virtually the only computer game I ever play.

When I was in 4th grade, about 18 years ago, my teacher brought a few old computers to the classroom for us to use. They were even old for that time and had black screens with only green print, and used those large thin floppy discs. We had two games on floppies that we played every break: snake and city bomb. In snake, the snake was a line of O's and the head was an Ö, and every time it ate a green square it expanded with a few O's in lenght. To play, we used only two buttons, A and Ä (on each side of the keyboard), one index finger on each. A to turn the snake clockwise and Ä for counterclockwise. So instead of thinking which direction you wanted to go (up, down, left, right), you needed to know if that meant moving clockwise or not. Long story short, I never got as good at the following generations of snake where I had to use the arrows, even if that really should be simpler.
I've been using MSCC on a Vista 32-bit machine for the last few years, although I still have the BOWEP floppy disk to hand, so I might even have been able to use that Tongue

However, I've recently had to bite the bullet and upgrade to a 64-bit Win7 machine, meaning MSCC has been replaced with TW2. I too noticed the keystroke buffer business quite early on, and while it frustrated me at first, I decided that it actually makes more sense not to have the "extra step", and that I would just have to grow up and get with the times. The recording and replaying of routes using the .TWS is a huge plus too, as I quite often forget how to solve levels >.<

Saying that, I still prefer the MSCC tileset and sounds - I guess some things never change!
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl
Hands down I will always prefer the MSCC version of chips challenge along with its sounds and music, but tile world 2 with the MSCC graphics is not a bad compromise. I still have it on my old xp but because that is overloaded with crap and messed up I can't really use it. I would love to port my music and sounds though from it to tile world so at least it will feel more like the original, once I figure out where those files are so I can replace them. The only thing I do not miss about MSCC though is the new game button, that was like the Black Plague if it ever got pressed by an innocent player. Every time one of my cousins played the game when they came over I always got worried they would press it again, especially after finally beating "on the rocks" and "writers block", ugh, so frustrating... Those were the days!!!