lookatthis scores
Quote:If you meant concrete evidence from your set, then you worded yourself poorly. There is no indication in James post that he was specifically looking for "concrete evidence" in your set:

Like Josh said, this thread was originally for scores, specifically for my set. Obviously James does not play many custom sets (Its just how he is). Its a way of motivation to get back to what this thread was originally about. I don't like arguments, probably just as much as you do.

Quote:If you are going to say someone has misinterpreted something you said, it is a good idea to follow up with a clarification of what you meant, rather than leave the other person guessing.

Saying something like this is even lower then my standards. The two people who voted this post up must really have dark thoughts about me. However, I will be positive about this because I mostly always am. First off, theirs no guesswork, following the posts backwards would easily lead to what I was trying to say. If you still can't find it then here it is:

Quote:Oh its possible, but not in the way you said it. Judging by the technology we have today, we could easily improve this community in the way we want. Shaping it to the community we always dreamed to have. Saying that this community has restrictions and that we can't do something about it is idiotic.

No matter how good or bad a community is, it can always improve. Knowing Tom, he'd always take our thoughts into consideration and decide among himself what would take a good turn for this community as a hole. Second, (to be announced).

Quote:Can I just ask something here?

What's all this arguing and to put bluntly, crap leading to? Honestly, I'm just completely lost about the whole thing, even after re-reading the whole discussion thrice.

This thread is just completely off topic now as it was merely for others who have played lookatthis.dat or whatever the set is called now, to post their scores, in which case only few have done.

If you want to argue about CCLP4 or whatever, take it somewhere else. Please.

(inb4 you got yourself involved in it now)

"The right man in the wrong place, can make all the differences in the world"

~Legacy Team
Quote:Like Josh said, this thread was originally for scores, specifically for my set. Obviously James does not play many custom sets (Its just how he is). Its a way of motivation to get back to what this thread was originally about. I don't like arguments, probably just as much as you do.

That's fine. I'm just saying you weren't clear earlier. And you're right, i'm not really enjoying this discussion either.

Quote:Saying something like this is even lower then my standards.

A discussion won't go anywhere if the participants do nothing but say "You're wrong." I consider it each person's responsibility to make his or her own case, rather than have other people figure it out for them. I fail to understand how this is "low". If my statement came off as harsh or sarcastic, i apologize - that was not my intention.

However, i now understand you do not wish to continue this discussion here, and i can respect that.

Quote:First off, theirs no guesswork, following the posts backwards would easily lead to what I was trying to say.

I doubt that, considering i didn't understand your statement about concrete evidence. Plus, from the words of J.B., what may be obvious to the designer may not be obvious to the players. Of course, he was talking about Chip's Challenge levels, but it applies here as well.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:I doubt that, considering i didn't understand your statement about concrete evidence. Plus, from the words of J.B., what may be obvious to the designer may not be obvious to the players. Of course, he was talking about Chip's Challenge levels, but it applies here as well.

I never stated anything about concrete evidence and even though I agree with 96% of what J.B. says, the same facts will always apply. Obviously, he was talking about CC levels, but does it apply here? In a way, yes. Even though its easy to agree with him, the same would have been said for other sets.

The only reason why I don't plan to close this thread is because most people have missed the main idea of it, but possibly had no clue what they meant when they said concrete evidence. This showed me that the case started by James had no purpose. Their was never anything resolved by this. When he brought that statement up without actually taking a minute or two to look through that set in the editor, then their is nothing he could of said that would actually support that case on my quote.

If you actually want to support evidence, in a third party discussion, then here is your concrete evidence:

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/270-60-minutes/

(I don't mean literally)
Quote:I never stated anything about concrete evidence and even though I agree with 96% of what J.B. says, the same facts will always apply. Obviously, he was talking about CC levels, but does it apply here? In a way, yes. Even though its easy to agree with him, the same would have been said for other sets.

The only reason why I don't plan to close this thread is because most people have missed the main idea of it, but possibly had no clue what they meant when they said concrete evidence. This showed me that the case started by James had no purpose. Their was never anything resolved by this. When he brought that statement up without actually taking a minute or two to look through that set in the editor, then their is nothing he could of said that would actually support that case on my quote.

I don't know how your harder levels would fair in future CCLP votings, but from what I've seen in voting, probably not too good. The downside I've noticed is after CCLP3 was released, people started to see huge flaws in those levels, despite them being very well designed, but really only for experienced players of the game or people who look at a map to work out what they are doing. We've developed a term called CCLP3-esque levels in CCLP1 voting, and I guess we all keep forgetting that newcomers play custom levels too, and they need to judge their quality too. Guesswork is usually frowned upon nowadays and having hot blocks or large amounts of randomness. I guess we've just evolved to a point where we try to make levels appropriate for everyone with MS/Lynx compatibility. Who knows though? If the next CCLP is an "anything goes" like CCLP3, you still may have a shot with getting some levels in. Slight smile
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Ok, so I've now played the next ten levels too, for a total of twenty levels (or a third of the set). I kind of feel like I want to take back a bit of what I said earlier. These levels don't require "tons of work" but would rather fit quite nicely in the middle section of a CCLPx. Looking in an editor, the levels seem to keep getting a bit more complex towards the end, but not CCLP3-140s crazy. I'm sure a few of the levels in this set will make it into the next big project we all work on together.

And to keep with the thread's topic, the only level I tried to optimize so far after the first five:

#11: 70 L

-Miika
Quote:I don't know how your harder levels would fair in future CCLP votings, but from what I've seen in voting, probably not too good. The downside I've noticed is after CCLP3 was released, people started to see huge flaws in those levels, despite them being very well designed, but really only for experienced players of the game or people who look at a map to work out what they are doing. We've developed a term called CCLP3-esque levels in CCLP1 voting, and I guess we all keep forgetting that newcomers play custom levels too, and they need to judge their quality too. Guesswork is usually frowned upon nowadays and having hot blocks or large amounts of randomness. I guess we've just evolved to a point where we try to make levels appropriate for everyone with MS/Lynx compatibility. Who knows though? If the next CCLP is an "anything goes" like CCLP3, you still may have a shot with getting some levels in. Slight smile

That's interesting. Its like people adapted into someone completely different and has, in some ways, found a more proper way of judging what makes a good level. Although, that is not the same with all veterans. Others that have been with this community for a while, still enjoy levels that make them think very hard to solve it. But whats really strange about it is that we aren't the only community doing this. That's right, you read that correctly. Here it is:

http://forum.droni.es/index.php?sid=20f5...345a004729

This community is very different from our's in many ways, but goes through the ideal same process as we do. The way we've adapted, voting, etc. How could this be? Well, I don't know. Maybe its just comes down to the way human beings think or that its a simple way of making us stronger then others.

Anyway, in terms of CCLP4, I think it might be best to have levels starting from CCLP1 difficulty, all the way to the peak of CCLP4 difficulty. Lets face it, CCLP3 started out somewhat harsh and ended but completely harsh. But then when their were some breathers like "Marooned", it proved to be easier then "Entrance Examination". If you were to plot the data on a scatter plot when comparing CCLP3 levels with difficulty. The line of best fit would only touch about 80 percent of that data. However, if we have newcomers joining he community now, they could as well easily vote against having a CCLP4 in the future. Slight frown
Quote:This community is very different from our's in many ways, but goes through the ideal same process as we do. The way we've adapted, voting, etc. How could this be? Well, I don't know. Maybe its just comes down to the way human beings think or that its a simple way of making us stronger then others.

At the end of the day, I think it's just the basic human tendency to run rampant when given a bunch of freedom / abilities / power / etc. and then coming to the realization that just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Slight smile
Quote:At the end of the day, I think it's just the basic human tendency to run rampant when given a bunch of freedom / abilities / power / etc. and then coming to the realization that just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. Slight smile

Thumbs up
Level 53 in my set is unfortunaly impossible in lynx due to the bee facing the trap toward the thin wall. I've spent about an hour trying to fix it and had no success doing so. My goal is to keep the two parts of the level the same without changing anything that would affect the concept. If anyone has any ideas on how to go about fixing this, help is much appreciated.
Since Lynx lacks the controller and boss glitch, the bug can exit a trap only in the direction it's facing. I suggest a west force floor south of the bug.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam