lookatthis scores
I uploaded a new version to my set. I would have uploaded it earlier if it wasn't for me being so busy with real life crap. Anyways, I am planning to create a second set of 60 levels more later in the future that tries to focus on completely different concepts then the ones in my first set.
I really liked the first ten or so levels of your first set, but then things started to get a bit complicated. I appreciate complex levels, but it's tiring when all the levels require tons of work. If you could do more of those simpler levels, that would be great! Slight smile
I may do that for my next set. Only because I designed levels with CCLP4 in mind thinking that people would appreciate levels in that criteria. But I could definitely promise you an easy set of levels sometime in the future.
If you thought I uploaded a new set today then your wrong, I just renamed it, just so you know. Slight smile
lookatthis...

Don't I know you from somewhere? Flushed

lookatthisisgoodatn...
'I made 1,000 levels once.' - Jacques

Edit @ reply two posts down: that's not at all what I meant, but clarifying is obviously a waste of time so I won't bother bumping this discussion by replying.
Considering CCLP4 is years from major production (i.e. closing of submissions/start of official testing), I'd say designing levels well that impress (in some way, maybe not much compared to some levels seen today) the community are good candidates, but don't worry about it much until further down the road (if CCLP4 even becomes a thing)
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Quote:The overwhelming consensus has been that CCLP3 had too many complex, difficult levels. This is not to say that this type of level is bad, nor is it to say that any future CCLPs will not feature levels of this type, just that "modern levelset construction theory" - to give it a formal name - focuses on a variety of level types: small and big, easy and difficult, simple and complex, etc.

"Designing levels with CCLP4 in mind" doesn't have to mean any more than just designing good levels, period.

You just described my set their, though you might not get the broad picture. I have seen this community since CCLP2 was released, so I know what to expect. Difficulty has nothing to do with good level design and I respect that. People in this community have different opinions about this though so I'm not going to go into detail. I was only saying my plans that others have recommended for me to do. Thanks for the unneeded information by the way.

Quote:Considering CCLP4 is years from major production (i.e. closing of submissions/start of official testing), I'd say designing levels well that impress (in some way, maybe not much compared to some levels seen today) the community are good candidates, but don't worry about it much until further down the road (if CCLP4 even becomes a thing)

I'm not worried and never was. One reason why I design levels for CCLP4 so early is because that is what starts its process of being a real CCLP. It also helps others get inspired by levels with exceptional level design and feel the need to design ones of their own. That is also the basic reason why JoshL4 got popular. Though in absolute fairness, you are perfectly right.
Quote:That is also the basic reason why JoshL4 got popular.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this but I'll try to answer to that. I will admit, yes I got inspired by some levels in your set for JoshL4, but there is a reason why there's a "4" in the set name. A lot people of the community are pretty familiar with my work when it comes to level design.

Also, with the whole theory of CCLP4 having levels of higher difficulty. I really don't understand why everyone gets on each other's case about "assuming it'll be more complexed than CCLP3". If you honestly think about it, it would make sense to assume that. CCLP2 was a little more difficult than CC1 with the introduction to invalid tiles and such, as goes with CCLP3 being way more difficult than CCLP2.

So assuming the same with CCLP4 isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's only common sense.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I was just trying to say every levelset on this site has inspiration, I was just using your set as an example.

Although, if people continue to argue about CCLP's, this may cause the community to have to resort to smattering, like the previous one I was with.