lookatthis scores
Quote:I was just trying to say every levelset on this site has inspiration, I was just using your set as an example.

Although, if people continue to argue about CCLP's, this may cause the community to have to resort to smattering, like the previous one I was with.

I agree that nobody wants to see vituperative discussions, but rather a smattering of common sense and understanding. It will be interesting to see how CCLP4 turns out, considering that once CCLP1 is done, we already have the mass of levels published (and reviewed!) to make the next set for non-beginners.
That's worth a reputation point.
Quote:Edit @ reply two posts down: that's not at all what I meant, but clarifying is obviously a waste of time so I won't bother bumping this discussion by replying.

I understood what you meant, but I hate to see you in denial about a perfectly reasonable post that tends to cover everyone's interest in a interesting way.
I find it very hard to believe that you know what I meant when I myself could not even understood what I meant upon re-reading my post. I didn't want to bump the discussion by replying, but apparently editing a post does that anyway, so I might as well post a brief one. (A larger reply, which could be interesting and touch on a lot of topics, is unfortunately still something I would consider a waste of time for many reasons).

Quote:You just described my set their

I wouldn't know. I have not downloaded your set. I have downloaded <1% of all custom sets in existence. I don't play custom sets. I based my comments almost entirely on this post by you:

"Only because I designed levels with CCLP4 in mind thinking that people would appreciate levels in that criteria."

where "that criteria" referred to Miika's post about complex levels that require tons of work. If you polled people 3-4 years ago and asked them what they wanted in CCLP4, this type of level would be at the top of the list (see: CCLP3 voting results). If you polled people now and asked them that same question, this type of level would actually now carry a bit of a negative stigma and would not be rated nearly as highly. Unfortunately I can't point to much concrete evidence in support of this, but this is the overwhelming view that I've seen expressed by players of all types in various CC discussions. (I'm mainly thinking of the main CC skype chat room, which is by my own estimation nearing 500,000 total messages.)

That's all I was trying to say.

Quote:though you might not get the broad picture. I have seen this community since CCLP2 was released, so I know what to expect.

Then we are both 10+ year veterans of the community. I don't like the implicit superiority contained in this message (although you could argue the same for my previous post in a different way). There are some players who have only discovered our community just this year and yet have more coherent and reasonable viewpoints on community and game issues than most veterans do.

You do not know what to expect just because you have been here for a long time. Neither do I. Neither does anybody else. Not only is it impossible to ever know what to expect in a community like this, but if it *was* possible, it would be possible based on a high level of interaction with the community on a daily basis, not based on how long it has been since one first discovered a CC website. Authority and knowledge are not rooted in join dates.
Quote:I find it very hard to believe that you know what I meant when I myself could not even understood what I meant upon re-reading my post. I didn't want to bump the discussion by replying, but apparently editing a post does that anyway, so I might as well post a brief one. (A larger reply, which could be interesting and touch on a lot of topics, is unfortunately still something I would consider a waste of time for many reasons).

Actually, someone else pointed this out for me. Editing a post does not show up on the main page, only the post that used up space in the thread does.

Quote:I wouldn't know. I have not downloaded your set. I have downloaded <1% of all custom sets in existence. I don't play custom sets. I based my comments almost entirely on this post by you:

"Only because I designed levels with CCLP4 in mind thinking that people would appreciate levels in that criteria."

where "that criteria" referred to Miika's post about complex levels that require tons of work. If you polled people 3-4 years ago and asked them what they wanted in CCLP4, this type of level would be at the top of the list (see: CCLP3 voting results). If you polled people now and asked them that same question, this type of level would actually now carry a bit of a negative stigma and would not be rated nearly as highly. Unfortunately I can't point to much concrete evidence in support of this, but this is the overwhelming view that I've seen expressed by players of all types in various CC discussions. (I'm mainly thinking of the main CC skype chat room, which is by my own estimation nearing 500,000 total messages.)

That's all I was trying to say.

I don't know specifically what levels Mikka had trouble on (which is why I ask her about it in the chat room). It was a form of generalization, so someone could of felt good among themselves when completing it. Personally speaking, none of the levels should be hard to complete, but obviously they would take some thought though. The fact that you can't pull out concrete evidence from your case probably suggest something Wink

Quote:Then we are both 10+ year veterans of the community. I don't like the implicit superiority contained in this message (although you could argue the same for my previous post in a different way). There are some players who have only discovered our community just this year and yet have more coherent and reasonable viewpoints on community and game issues than most veterans do.

Well, I'm not enjoying how someone could get all over you like gravy getting on mashed potatoes, but I have to handle it, don't I? Some people who have discovered this community, not long ago, get intimidated or threatened and either have left or still is in this community today. Other communities, such as metanet or steam, welcomes all members as a open community and restricts critics before they occur.

Quote:You do not know what to expect just because you have been here for a long time. Neither do I. Neither does anybody else. Not only is it impossible to ever know what to expect in a community like this, but if it *was* possible, it would be possible based on a high level of interaction with the community on a daily basis, not based on how long it has been since one first discovered a CC website. Authority and knowledge are not rooted in join dates.

Oh its possible, but not in the way you said it. Judging by the technology we have today, we could easily improve this community in the way we want. Shaping it to the community we always dreamed to have. Saying that this community has restrictions and that we can't do something about it is idiotic.
I'm not completely sure what this discussion is even about, but here are some comments i want to make:

Quote:I don't know specifically what levels Mikka had trouble on (which is why I ask her about it in the chat room).

*him Wink

Quote:The fact that you can't pull out concrete evidence from your case probably suggest something Wink

He said he can't point to much concrete evidence. He did manage to point to the Skype conversations and the CCLP3 voting results.

Quote:Other communities, such as metanet or steam, welcomes all members as a open community and restricts critics before they occur.

We're not an open community? I was never aware.

Quote:Saying that this community has restrictions and that we can't do something about it is idiotic.

There's that implicit superiority again. Tongue
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
I just love how this thread took a complete toll just because the possible future CCLP4 was brought up.

That's all I have to say for now.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:He said he can't point to much concrete evidence. He did manage to point to the Skype conversations and the CCLP3 voting results.

I was talking about my set their, not what you mentioned.

Quote:There's that implicit superiority again. Tongue

You misinterpreted my post above.

Quote:I just love how this thread took a complete toll just because the possible future CCLP4 was brought up.

That's all I have to say for now.

I suppose people would be in a high demand for it I guess. Although, it is quite ironic.
Quote:I was talking about my set their, not what you mentioned.

If you meant concrete evidence from your set, then you worded yourself poorly. There is no indication in James post that he was specifically looking for "concrete evidence" in your set:

Quote:I wouldn't know. I have not downloaded your set. I have downloaded <1% of all custom sets in existence. I don't play custom sets.

[...]

If you polled people 3-4 years ago and asked them what they wanted in CCLP4, this type of level would be at the top of the list (see: CCLP3 voting results). If you polled people now and asked them that same question, this type of level would actually now carry a bit of a negative stigma and would not be rated nearly as highly. Unfortunately I can't point to much concrete evidence in support of this, but this is the overwhelming view that I've seen expressed by players of all types in various CC discussions. (I'm mainly thinking of the main CC skype chat room, which is by my own estimation nearing 500,000 total messages.)

Quote:The fact that you can't pull out concrete evidence from your case probably suggest something Wink

----------

Quote:You misinterpreted my post above.

If you are going to say someone has misinterpreted something you said, it is a good idea to follow up with a clarification of what you meant, rather than leave the other person guessing.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Can I just ask something here?

What's all this arguing and to put bluntly, crap leading to? Honestly, I'm just completely lost about the whole thing, even after re-reading the whole discussion thrice.

This thread is just completely off topic now as it was merely for others who have played lookatthis.dat or whatever the set is called now, to post their scores, in which case only few have done.

If you want to argue about CCLP4 or whatever, take it somewhere else. Please.

(inb4 you got yourself involved in it now)
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon