Lipstick Pack - Discussion
[Image: qskef7U.png]

Now, how is this my fault???
I just played level 50 of the Lipstick Pack, and it is totally possible to just madman run from the teeth to get all the chips in the level. Beat it with 325 seconds left. Just wanted to point this out.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I move that we leave this in as an "experts only" solution if this level makes it into CCLP1. Slight smile
A few thoughts:

#10 (Aim) - A bit more time to think would put this level in the top flight for me. Plenty of action and opportunity to play around with the various buttons without worrying about cooking the level. Additionaly, the fireball cloning section at the end is awesome.

#12 (Christmas Eve) - Fast-paced and flowing with plenty of challenge and excitement. The teleport section near the end is annoying, but funny at the same time, so I won't knock off any points. Top class hint to boot too (:

#17 (Mission: Bomb Removal) - I was really enjoying this level until the end; swimming arround 3/4 of the level simply picking up chips and walking to the exit was somewhat anti-climactic, and spoilt was I thought was a really interesting and fun little level.

#23 (Golden Frog, Cursed Rainbow) - Absolute madness start to finish! So much going on in this level, loved it even though it's not completely obvious what's going on at every stage.

#26 (That's Life) - A healthy dose of fairly lenient monster interactions make this a very enjoyable item-swapper. The change of route back through the rooms that make up the "maze", and the resulting change in monster movement is an excellent touch that really sets this level apart from others in the same category.

#30 (Block Island) - Plenty of thinking and careful use of blocks required, so I was thankful for the generous time limit. Loses a few points for the sole reason that I can see it stumping beginners for a good while as it did me.

#32 (Automatic (Caution) Doors) - I will echo the previous praise of this level as it really is quite unlike anything I've played before. Plenty of opportunity to explore and play around with various aspects with no pressure of time or cooking the level, and really cleverly designed. My favourite level so far and should make CCLP1.

#41 (Trembling) - An interesting concept, but very quickly became annoying and is anything but easy on the eyes, making judging sidesteps particularly hard for new players.

#48 (Teeth Slide) - Might have been a bit harsh on this one initially, as I thought it a bit trivial, but after replaying a second time, I realize the maze is reasonably well constructed and the end goal is perfectly clear, so I'll assign a more generous rating. Not a bad level after all.

#50 (Chip Be Steady) - A fun level to play again and again, whether carefully picking one's way through the toggle buttons or nonchalantly charging through with reckless abandon. A great end to the set.
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl
Quote:A few thoughts:

#17 (Mission: Bomb Removal) - I was really enjoying this level until the end; swimming arround 3/4 of the level simply picking up chips and walking to the exit was somewhat anti-climactic, and spoilt was I thought was a really interesting and fun little level.

I felt the same way too. I love the concept of this level, and the interweaving challenges throughout were very impressively built. But then came that arbitrary recessed wall path...which just felt so out of place. I think a better contrast would have been to swim out into the ocean to just find the exit while enjoying the open space without any other task to worry about, and the storyline for the level could have involved it being on a "boat," island, or something else to sweeten the deal. Slight smile
Quote:#23 (Golden Frog, Cursed Rainbow) - Absolute madness start to finish! So much going on in this level, loved it even though it's not completely obvious what's going on at every stage.

This is one of my favorite levels but I thought it would be considered too hard to make it in. Glad someone likes it. Slight smile
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Level 15 - Choices

I have a time of 150 in both MS and Lynx. Are there any faster times out there?