CCLP1 Voting Lists and Nominations
I've merged the "Blacklist Nominations" thread from the General Discussion forum with this one so that everything can be streamlined. A few notes:

- The list of nominated levels as it stands so far should be up to date. If there's anything missing, please let me know.

- I still have yet to actually move the fixed limbo levels and blacklisted levels with two nominations over to the whitelist, and I should be doing that within the next two or so days as I compile my own set of nominations to post. Please note that if a level has the required nominations, which should be indicated by green-colored text in the list on the original post for this thread, it's safe. If a limbo level has been fixed, it's safe. I just need to move them over, so please bear with me. Slight smile

- There's been some comments made and questions asked about why we eliminated certain levels. I've mentioned the criteria in various posts that I used and encouraged the rest of the staff to use - design quality, appropriateness for CCLP1 and beginners, general enjoyability, and ability to be Lynx compatible, to think of some off the top of my head. But I thought a couple of these needed to be clarified. First, the "CCLP1 appropriateness" criterion measured how well a level could fit into a set that is being designed to be of comparable difficulty to the original CC. This doesn't mean that we eliminated every difficult level. In fact, there are plenty of difficult levels on the whitelist. We simply tried to evaluate the levels based on how easily they can be understood and how fair they were, even if solving them was a difficult task. This meant that if it took us longer than 15 minutes for us veterans to even figure out what to do in a level or if the level had some sort of opportunity for cheap death at the end, or something along those lines, we didn't think it would be very beginner-friendly. One needs only to look at the original CC to see that even though some of its latter challenges are difficult, the levels are, for the most part, intuitive and can easily be picked up. The "ability to be Lynx compatible" criterion is all about whether or not a level can truly work in both rulesets. There are just some MS-only levels that are beyond repair and would best fit in an MS-only official level pack, if another one is made. If a level is blacklisted and has the red "incompatibility" distinction on it, that doesn't necessarily mean that we blacklisted it just for that reason only. Blacklisting also does not automatically mean that we didn't like a level either - there are many levels, particularly those that fit into the "take longer than 15 minutes to understand" category, that we thought would just be more appropriate for future CCLPs. Slight smile

- There have been a few community members who have spoken up about fully compatible blacklisted levels they'd like to see on the whitelist that would substantially increase in enjoyability and/or beginner friendliness if minor changes were made. Some levels already have had such changes made to them (such as JRB_CCLP1's "THE ADVENTURE") and will be moved to the whitelist. So if you make any changes to your levels, please let us know!
I'd like to nominate Adrenaline Rush and Better safe than... from Markus_CCLP1, and also Tank! and Round And Round from tensorpudding-cclp1 if I may.
CC1: 5,954,550 (completed)
--- CCLP1: 5,989,110 (completed)
--- CCLP2: 5,936,410 (148 levels completed)
--- CCLP3: 1,223,887 (a few levels completed)

My levelset JRB_CCLP1.ccl
My level FFW from Ida4 is on the limbo list due to unequality - slide delay. But that whole level, just as REW, is based on levels from CC1. I sort of think that this inequality would be ok for that reason. I mean, this was in the original set.

I guess I could swap that whole section with something else... But anyway, maybe these levels aren't suitable for CCLP1 since they are nothing else than copies of parts of levels from the original set.
Quote:maybe these levels aren't suitable for CCLP1 since they are nothing else than copies of parts of levels from the original set.

If that was the case, they would have been placed in the Blacklist and not in Limbo.

Quote:But that whole level, just as REW, is based on levels from CC1. I sort of think that this inequality would be ok for that reason. I mean, this was in the original set.

That's a valid point. Which is why I'll actually nominate FFW for the Whitelist. My stance has always been looser on lucky timing, slide delay and guesswork anyway Slight smile
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Guys, I've added a hint where the first key goes in Rainbow Door Key and removed that annoying invisible wall in Cold Fear on the latest version of TomPCCLP1. Also modified The Labyrinth too. Slight smile

Anyway, I'm going to nominate Andrew R's Reflecting, Lizzy B's the caves, and Rock's 14% for the whitelist.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I'll nominate Mystery Wall in DanielB-Lynx and Route 280 in TomPCCLP1.

I also updated DanielB-Lynx, changing what Bowman suggested. I nominate Aim and Glint (if I'm allowed, because it's not technically my set).
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
CCLP1 Staff,

I've fixed Level 35 which is on the Limbo list. As for Level 78, which teeth that is hard to evade? The upper one or the lower one?
Reynaldi Judianto Angry Unamused Fail
Quote:I'll nominate Mystery Wall in DanielB-Lynx and Route 280 in TomPCCLP1.

I also updated DanielB-Lynx, changing what Bowman suggested. I nominate Aim and Glint (if I'm allowed, because it's not technically my set).
Ok, make that two nominations for Glint Tongue
~Bowman
Just updated LizzyBCCLP1 with the corrected which way??? level, but not loopy land, as that level was already solvable in its current state. Thanks!
Quote:My level FFW from Ida4 is on the limbo list due to unequality - slide delay. But that whole level, just as REW, is based on levels from CC1. I sort of think that this inequality would be ok for that reason. I mean, this was in the original set.

I guess I could swap that whole section with something else... But anyway, maybe these levels aren't suitable for CCLP1 since they are nothing else than copies of parts of levels from the original set.

It was in the original set, but when it was designed, Lynx mode was the only way to play CC, and slide delay didn't exist. Unfortunately, slide delay (along with a number of other behaviors) seemed to be overlooked when MSCC was created. The litmus test that's been used for ruleset incompatibility in CCLP3 and CCLP1 is whether or not a level contains a significant difference in difficulty across rulesets. The original Block Buster is much harder in MSCC and has earned the distinction of being one of the most difficult CC1 levels ever just because of that one section. My suggestion would be to replace that section with one from another CC1 level; it would probably increase FFW's chances of doing well in voting without such a timing-intensive section at the end. Slight smile

Quote:That's a valid point. Which is why I'll actually nominate FFW for the Whitelist. My stance has always been looser on lucky timing, slide delay and guesswork anyway Slight smile

It doesn't need to be nominated for the whitelist; it's already tentatively whitelisted by being on the limbo list and will be as long as the aforementioned issue is corrected. Slight smile

Quote:CCLP1 Staff,

I've fixed Level 35 which is on the Limbo list. As for Level 78, which teeth that is hard to evade? The upper one or the lower one?

The lower one, as the upper one can easily be killed in the water in both rulesets, whereas the lower one can't in Lynx because of the fire.

Quote:I also updated DanielB-Lynx, changing what Bowman suggested. I nominate Aim and Glint (if I'm allowed, because it's not technically my set).

Of course - you're not the designer, so it's totally okay!