April 2013 Survival Competition
I have uploaded a version that fixes a multitude of issues. You should read this entire post carefully, I've kept it as short and to the point as possible.

Well just plain blocking up the cloners is not acceptable. Just about everything else is.

I worded my initial statement very very poorly because I was in a rush, what I said has clearly been horribly misinterpreted and it's entirely my fault... oops.

You can consider this rule dead. It's pretty clear that it was very unpopular, and I agree. The idea of the competition is to have fun, and what fun is it if you're limited by arbitrary restrictions? I came with a ton of specific examples in mind that I was going to spell out very clearly but I realized... I couldn't possibly get them all, and what fun would it be even if I did?

The rule was not to prevent creative play, in fact that's encouraged. It was in place to prevent a player from simply walling off a little corner or something like that and hiding there for fifteen minutes... just because that would be boring. With the changes I've made to the levels themselves, it will now be substantially harder to build a safe area. If you can find a way to do it now, that's awesome.

This has largely come at the cost of aesthetics, but the mechanisms behind level 3 were also heavily changed.

I'll go over the changes I've made.

The cloner has been moved in level 1 and blocks will clone faster.

Level 2 now contains more routes for both Chip and monsters to travel through the level. The level now also contains teleports, the c/b problem was fixed (the teeth will now just fail to clone), the starting area is no longer safe and monsters will now clone a little bit slower to try to balance this increase in difficulty.

The mechanisms operating level 3 have been completely rebuilt. Take a look in an editor - I could spell them out here, but who's got time to read that?

I am aware making huge changes like this to these levels is extremely problematic to people who have already recorded solutions because new ones will be recorded. It is the last thing I wanted to do, but there was really no other way to fix this problem in a reasonable way... because lets face it, saying "no forming safe areas" is not the best idea I've had this week.

Also, as a result of this confusion and the major changes to the levels I'll extend the deadline by two days to may the 4th.
Quote:You tested your own land mine. It worked!
Thanks for those precisions, L. Seeing that I compete now with super-rocket-science-through-the-lab-coat-pockets-3.263-seconds-in-pendulum-style-move-block-to-redirect-the-8th-enemy-in-the-back-and-create-a-collision-71-moves-later-that-saves-you-180-seconds guys as J.B. and pieguy makes me worried, but we'll go and have fun.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
I love how you worded that. I laughed. Slight smile

I think you'll do fine, honestly.

Perhaps maybe question mark?
Ok, so the most recent version seems to be 1.3? The file name is "April_2013_CCZ_survival_competiton_levels1.3.ccl" but the download page still mentions "1.2". I think the main fault it with the uploading system as it's hard to edit small typos.

Anyway, what are the odds that I start working on these and there will still be more updates?
I don't think there's any, else J.B. would probably already have mentioned a flaw.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:I don't think there's any, else J.B. would probably already have mentioned a flaw.

I PMed Lessinath a couple more i found, but he hasn't said anything.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Oh well, I'd better wait as well.
My YouTube Channel
Ok, I guess I should wait too since I survived quite long on one of the levels again, but then there's the problem of "the person who submitted first will win the tiebreaker", so I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and record what I have.
It's fine use these versions. We have to tell JB he has to do it over though, b/c he did it with the first version lol.

Also, people keep emailing ME the submissions. No don't do that. Read the first post and use that email.

If there's an excessive number of tiebreakers due to people living through the time limit, I will end up using a random number generator to decide tiebreaking to prevent it from just being whoever submitted first.

Miika is right about the typo thing. lol
Oh shoot that means I gotta get moving :O
My YouTube Channel