Poll: Which of these items do you like the most?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
flippers
33.33%
9 33.33%
fire boots
14.81%
4 14.81%
skates
7.41%
2 7.41%
suction boots
7.41%
2 7.41%
yellow key
3.70%
1 3.70%
red key
7.41%
2 7.41%
blue key
11.11%
3 11.11%
green key
14.81%
4 14.81%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which item do you like the most?
Quote:I must agree with something JB said in one of his videos: the whole suction shoe on a force floor concept doesn't really make any sense... If you're standing on a escalator-like device, how are suction boots going to enable you to negate the effect of that?
XD You're right XD
Glider
First chipster ever reported to fill ON THE ROCKS with blocks.

HASHLEVELS.dat (49 CC1 levels)
Quote:In Atari Lynx they were magnets or something different weren't they?

Correct. (according to this page, anyway)
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:I must agree with something JB said in one of his videos: the whole suction shoe on a force floor concept doesn't really make any sense... If you're standing on a escalator-like device, how are suction boots going to enable you to negate the effect of that?

!!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe we have just discovered something that may fundamentally revolutionize our concept of Chip's Challenge. For years, we have thought that Chip put the suction boots on his feet and walked on the floor, when all this time what he has really been doing is wearing the boots on his hands and walking on the ceiling!

Call the newspapers! This is the greatest scientific discovery since quantum physics!
They call me Earthling, for I come from Earth.

Earthling1.dat, my levelset.
Quote:Correct. (according to this page, anyway)

I get "fire shield for fire, but "water shield"?? Is it some kind of force field that enables chip to fly over the water?

let's continue to over-analyze: I don't quite see how magnets would help you on force floors either. If it's a magnet that pulls you to the floor it would be the same as the suction boots. If it's a magnet that repels you from the floor that wouldn't work either.

This led me to an interesting question: If you have a large magnet in the shape of a moving escalator (and it actually moves like one) what happens to the magnetic field? Does it move too? Flushed

also the fire boots wouldn't make me feel safe enough to walk through fire [depending on how high the fire is I guess]
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
I imagined the magnet is attracted to a floor underneath the moving floor, although that wouldn't really explain Chip's equal ease of movement in all directions. Maybe there's a strong fan at the back of the arrow blowing in the arrow's direction and the arrow is just painted on the floor (or a light display in Lynx)?
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Well magnets do ruin electronic devices, maybe it temporarly ruins the force floor's effect while chip is standing on it.
Glider
First chipster ever reported to fill ON THE ROCKS with blocks.

HASHLEVELS.dat (49 CC1 levels)