Pointless CC Trivia Thread
The time limit on of Jumping Swarm (CC#91) is 400. If by some freaky luck Chip could stand on one tile (like 28,30) and not be killed, it would take the walkers much more time to fill up this entire room. However, this does not happen as the monster limit of 128 is reached in MSCC earlier. It might therefore be possible to score just a time of one second on this level. In TW this monster limit does not seem to be emulated, but the cloning speed is not fast enough to fill up the whole room before time runs out. Surely there still is some higher time limit that would be high enough to force Chip not to be able to solve the level with just one second remaining even in theory? Well, actually, by some more freaky luck, the walkers could concentrate themselves in the north-east corner in such density that three walkers would be stuck on the force floors for just enough time to send another walker back through the corridor. This could stop the creation of more monsters and allow for enough room for Chip to survive indefinitely, or at least as long as playing skill will allow.

In lynx, the mechanism works differently and the cloning always stops after the first 16 walkers. This makes scoring a low score of one second much easier. However, lynx will also allow a player to step on the exit just as the clock ticks down to zero and still consider the level solved. You can thus get even a time of 0 on this level in lynx.

Good luck scoring either low score.
Quote:The time limit on of Jumping Swarm (CC#91) is 400. If by some freaky luck Chip could stand on one tile (like 28,30) and not be killed, it would take the walkers much more time to fill up this entire room. However, this does not happen as the monster limit of 128 is reached in MSCC earlier. It might therefore be possible to score just a time of one second on this level. In TW this monster limit does not seem to be emulated, but the cloning speed is not fast enough to fill up the whole room before time runs out. Surely there still is some higher time limit that would be high enough to force Chip not to be able to solve the level with just one second remaining even in theory? Well, actually, by some more freaky luck, the walkers could concentrate themselves in the north-east corner in such density that three walkers would be stuck on the force floors for just enough time to send another walker back through the corridor. This could stop the creation of more monsters and allow for enough room for Chip to survive indefinitely, or at least as long as playing skill will allow.

In lynx, the mechanism works differently and the cloning always stops after the first 16 walkers. This makes scoring a low score of one second much easier. However, lynx will also allow a player to step on the exit just as the clock ticks down to zero and still consider the level solved. You can thus get even a time of 0 on this level in lynx.

Good luck scoring either low score.

I was actually imagining a thing where on Jumping Swarm in MSCC the monster limit of 128 would kick in and stop the cloning of walkers. Interesting.
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
That limit doesn't seem to work when i use MSCC. I thought it was just the Atari Lynx version.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
The monster limit doesn't apply to cloning monsters. Play WARS for a while, you'll see that more than 127 monsters can get cloned. The reason you can't place more than 127 monsters, I'm guessing, is because there isn't even space in the data file to store them.

That counts as pointless CC trivia, by the way.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:That limit doesn't seem to work when i use MSCC. I thought it was just the Atari Lynx version.

Ok, I was just assuming it might since I didn't have access to MSCC and the wiki mentions it and James had also said something to that effect. So is the limit the size of the board then, who knows??

In Special (CC#149) it's possible to read all three hints and still solve the level.
I really don't care anymore.

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Quote:Thin walls (first appears on level 11)

There are thin walls in Lesson 7.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
k I refuse to ever post in this topic again

Bronze / Silver / Gold
Quote:Northwest ice corner (first appears on level 13)

Southwest ice corner (first appears on level 13)

They both appear in level 9
Quote:They both appear in level 9

alright, this post is now my last, I refuse to ever post in this topic ever again

no josh i'm not mad lolz

Bronze / Silver / Gold