Annoying things about Windows
Looks like I've been beaten to posting about Clippy. Tongue

And I despise Windows Update too - it came up during my LP recording session tonight. You'll be able to see it through the opaque window title bar at the top of the video screen when I post it. Wink
It's been almost a year since an LP - what is this!?
"You'll see...you'll seeeeee..." #Gollum
Haha, good answer! Hope it's the continuation of Riven.

That's another annoying thing about Windows, that it won't play Riven or CC anymore since it's so new. I can name quite a few games that fall into this category nowadays.
Actually, I have Windows 7 and have been able to play both on it - granted, it is the 32-bit version.
I hate the ".docx" file extension name; ".doc" is so much cleaner and aesthetically pleasing.

[/truly minor nitpick]
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
That's true but I think they wanted to make the incompatibility a bit clearer. I personally don't really care.

While writing this message I accidentally Caps Locked, by the way.
...well, Word gives you that annoying dialogue box everytime you try to save to an "old" format: you know, "data may be lost," etc. Maybe it's the "x" that annoys me so. I don't think I'd be quite as annoyed if they called it "docc," or something like that. "Docx" just sounds like a virus or an adult-only film about a medical practitioner.

Does anyone actually use the "Recent places" function in Windows? I don't have a problem with it, exactly, but it seems to be a rather inefficient way of accomplishing what Shortcuts (both in the Start Menu and on the Desktop) could do.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I have discovered that there is no way to turn off the sound in the new Word, short of going into Control Panel and messing with the Windows Sounds menu.

---- you, Bill Gates. ---- you.
That's one thing I don't get. Why does DOS not work on the new Windows anymore? Some of the best old PC games were on DOS, and Microsoft took it out. Slight frown
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]