Annoying things about Windows
How about the most famous TASK MANAGER?! Man I love this thing! Thumbs up
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I despise ClipIt. I'm not a violent person, but sometimes I want to punch him. Thankfully, he seems to have disappeared from recent versions of Word. Of course, there's always a trade-off, and like Dave said, the way MS loves to mix up the menus in the MS Office suite makes me think that:

a ) Microsoft secretly hates people

b ) Microsoft is carrying out a massive sociological experiment with us as the guinea pigs

c ) Both of the above.

I miss File Manager from Windows 3.1 I never cottoned to the 95/98/etc versions of Windows, but XP and 7 are fine by me.

(BTW, this isn't a Windows gripe, but I resent that I had to put spaces between the letters and the parentheses in my list, lest the second line turn into an emoticon. Oh, the hardships of modern life.)
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
B) is an emoticon?

Windows seems to have an every-one-version-is-good problem. Windows 3, 95, 2000 and were yucky, whereas 3.1, 98, XP and 7 are pretty good.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I'd agree, save for 98, which looked and felt like a transitional OS, imo. It was MS fumbling around for something that they didn't achieve until XP.

And yes, B) is apparently an emoticon.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I don't use Windows, but I found

about the new design of Windows 8 and its (lack of) discoverability pretty interesting.

GUI design is tough and I think that many people would accept a crummy interface that is easy and familiar over a good one that isn't.
Is it just me or does anyone else notice that Microsoft releases a buggy operating system and then a stable one afterwards. (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7)
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Yeah, I think Dave was implying that.
Quote:Another recent one is when an illegal program (a not-so-stable Wii emulator) on my computer crashed arbitrarily like it does quite a lot. Apparently just this once, Windows decided to automatically apply unnecessary compatibility options, and I'm still not sure what the heck it did but I couldn't figure out for my life how to reverse it.

Right click the program and go into properties. There's a tab named "Compatibility" that will let you change it back.

You're talking about Dolphin, right? I didn't think dolphin is illegal but the ROMs/ISOs are.
Quote:You're talking about Dolphin, right? I didn't think dolphin is illegal but the ROMs/ISOs are.

Dolphin is not illegal, but even if you own the game, I think it's still technically illegal to play Gamecube/Wii ISOs. Let's try to stay away from that.
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:Right click the program and go into properties. There's a tab named "Compatibility" that will let you change it back.

You're talking about Dolphin, right? I didn't think dolphin is illegal but the ROMs/ISOs are.

Yes, I mean Dolphin with a pirated Mario Kart Wii ISO. Yes, illegal, I do not care for the least bit and I haven't got police knocking on my door anyway. I own the game anyway so Nintendo doesn't lose money.

I tried to change it back under the compatibility tab, but there was nothing out of the ordinary there.