Annoying things about Windows
Yeah, I remember trying, with much frustration and little success, to get some DOS stuff to run on a new Windows OS. The new DOS prompt is terrible.

I ended up digging out my old computer (complete with Windows 3.1).
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Yeah, I remember trying, with much frustration and little success, to get some DOS stuff to run on a new Windows OS. The new DOS prompt is terrible.

I ended up digging out my old computer (complete with Windows 3.1).

There is a workaround. You have to use a Virtual Emulator to use DOS, although it's fiddly and buggy as hell. I still have my first ever computer, which was Windows 3.1. Thumbs up
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
The Windows 3.1 interface coupled with Windows 7 capabilities would be the ultimate. That said, I'm sure we could still find plenty of things to gripe about.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Actually, ".docx" makes me think ".doc XTREME" or something silly like that. Slight smile
Why doesn't Microsoft just team up with Apple? Now that would be the ultimate team! Thumbs up
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:Why doesn't Microsoft just team up with Apple? Now that would be the ultimate team! Thumbs up

Nah, that'd be like T. S. Eliot teaming up with Stephanie Meyer. You have the name recognition in both cases, but you're still teaming up [relative] quality with total shiitake.

Quote:Actually, ".docx" makes me think ".doc XTREME" or something silly like that. Slight smile

".docXXX" could be the name for a adults-only Tube site.
...but who would be Eliot, and who would be Meyer? Wink
Quote:Windows Update is possibly the most annoying thing ever when you have a laptop. You try to shut it down and then it starts updating, and you can't pack it up and leave the coffeeshop...

This

Quote:Every time there's a new version of Windows or Office, I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING!!

I'm still using ye ole Microsoft Office 2000 because of this

Quote:Windows seems to have an every-one-version-is-good problem. Windows 3, 95, 2000 and were yucky, whereas 3.1, 98, XP and 7 are pretty good.

I remember having absolutely 0 trouble with Windows 95, so that would be an incorrect statement for me.

Quote:That's one thing I don't get. Why does DOS not work on the new Windows anymore? Some of the best old PC games were on DOS, and Microsoft took it out. Slight frown

Just get yourself D-Fang Reloaded with DOSBox, and you'll run everything like a charm Slight smile

Quote:I hate the ".docx" file extension name; ".doc" is so much cleaner and aesthetically pleasing.

Ditto.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:...but who would be Eliot, and who would be Meyer? Wink

Let's just say that for all my gripes about Windows, I still think of Apple much the same way that the world thinks of Jar Jar Binks.
Remember that DOS was based on 8-bit machines. We do not want to go back to 8-bit addressing.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan