Annoying things about Windows
Thanks James. That was pure trollblock skills right there.
Np - and Dave, go to a member's profile and hit "Edit Member". I suspended lemonz' posting privileges for 7 days.
Anyways, enough mini-modding.

My latest annoyance happened yesterday during a casual playing of a YouTube video. Out of nowhere, the whole freaking video goes green and the whole screen keeps flashing and the computer slows to a crawl, leaving me with no choice but to make it restart (which thankfully did not require a hard button reset in this case, but usually it would).
That honestly sounds like the transparency glitch on steroids. Tongue
^Hahaha!

I hate the way you can't turn off the volume while Windows 7 is starting up. This means that if you forgot to turn the volume off before shutting down the computer, you have to listen to all the opening sounds, at a potentially earsplitting volume.

Windows sounds in general are something I can live without.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I agree about certrain ones, but I guess I'm nostalgic for the days of Windows 95/98 sounds. Slight smile The remixes on YouTube can be fun to listen to...
Good remixes are always a pleasure.

http://nooobreak.ytmnd.com/

That said, I will never be nostalgic for any sort of Windows sounds. They're a blight on my childhood, not something to remember fondly.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
They've just gotten worse with time, too...
...yeah. At least those old DOS bleeps had a primitive charm about them (look! There's a machine that can do your taxes and plays text-based games! And it can make sounds! Not particularly sonorous ones, mind...)
Changed the startup sound on one of my computers to the Windows 3.1 "TADAA" sound. Those were the days!
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan