Name that Design Element
Here's one that I believe I've only seen once is the use of any buttons as a warning to do something, or to be helpful (sort of based off what random 8 said). I don't remember who made the level, but I remember it had a hint saying something like "The buttons do nothing but their sound could be useful" and it had a fireball and some water or something lol
ZK1 / ZK2 / ZK3 / ZK3: Abandoned / ZK4 / ZK5

Bronze / Silver / Gold
That was "The Jumping Walls" from EricS1. Ridiculously evil level. Slight smile
KeyboardWielder.dat's In the Line of Fire also does this, and has fireballs and water. Ridiculously evil level as well,
There's also a similar element in many of the Pit of 100 Tiles levels where "warning blips" sound before something happens. But in the aforementioned level by Eric, the amount of precise timing needed (and why the buttons are there) is nightmarish.
I like the warning beep concept as used in ajmiam's levels, though. Never seen other instances, though, I should check it out.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
"The Jumping Walls" sounds...intriguing. Where can I find EricS1? It's not in the Downloads section here, as far as I can tell. (Only EricS2.dat is there.)
Quote:I like the warning beep concept as used in ajmiam's levels, though. Never seen other instances, though, I should check it out.

I use a visual version in A Game of Labyrinth (CI #idk) indicating check points.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
Quote:Where can I find EricS1? It's not in the Downloads section here, as far as I can tell. (Only EricS2.dat is there.)

It's at pie guy's site and the Yahoo group:

http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~pieguy/chi...set=EricS1

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/chip...EricS1.dat
Mike L

My level sets:
MikeL2 - 200 levels, updated 1/22/2017
MikeL2-fix - Lynx compatible version of MikeL2
MikeL3 - 86 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - a best-of set with levels from MikeL2, MikeL4 or my now-hidden rejects set
MikeL4 - 27 levels, updated 1/22/2017 - home of any new post-2009 levels I make
MikeLrejects - 351 levels, updated 5/16/2013 - all my older/experimental/not as good levels