CC Comic
Whenever I hear the word "kidding," I think of Johnny unplugging the runway lights in "Airplane!"
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Add Weird Al Yankovic's song "I Was Only Kidding!" to my list as well. Slight smile
Do we need a "Kidding" thread?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Please, let's not do that. Wink
Bah. We can never* have too many threads.

*[insert your own caveat here.]
I'd say my caveat is that a thread should have some sort of topic in which a large portion of the forum can participate. Starting a thread about a topic that's not exactly thread-worthy (such as the "kidding" thread) only serves to limit the discussion and inevitably send it off on a rabbit trail. Slight smile

(And yes, I know I'm pretty guilty of going off on rabbit trails myself...but I'm working on it. I actually don't mind rabbit trails in a certain context, but I feel like "The Longest Thread" is the place for them, and if one should ever occur on a "hot" topic, at least the topic can be anchored in something to which the discussion can easily be brought back via a new participant or a facet of an inherently multifaceted topic.)
Well, all threads here (or on any forum) seem to head off into rabbit trails. That's part of the fun! We're limited by the thread ideas we can consciously create; following mundane discussions into more interesting territory is one of those great things that only the Internet can provide.
Quote:Well, all threads here (or on any forum) seem to head off into rabbit trails. That's part of the fun! We're limited by the thread ideas we can consciously create; following mundane discussions into more interesting territory is one of those great things that only the Internet can provide.

The kidding thread will stay, but it won't boost post counts. CC Zone will stay alive until the day I cannot afford it, which will hopefully be never. The forum is active enough as it is thank god. Slight smile
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Quote:Well, all threads here (or on any forum) seem to head off into rabbit trails. That's part of the fun! We're limited by the thread ideas we can consciously create; following mundane discussions into more interesting territory is one of those great things that only the Internet can provide.

But admittedly, it is nice when a topic can start off as something not-so-mundane that can spur more coherent discussion. Slight smile
^Exactly

OK, comics.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow