TS0
I just noticed that Plug-in Baby has a hint tile now. Unfortunately, it's either unhelpful or incredibly cryptic. Why should I care how many chips are in that room? (Don't answer that, I don't want hints, I just want to complain because this level has stumped me for so long by now)
This level is truly awesome, but it is truly annoying until you get what's going on. Typical TS stuff. (Can also stand for "Tough S***").

Anyway, if you would like a hint about the stupid walker room, I can give you one. The number of chips on the ice is actually an important point in solving the level.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Oh damn, I just "got" what I was missing. I tried to do it and failed to be ambitious enough, but I have enough to make it to the teleport now if I don't mess up next time

That hint tile is perfect. It gave everything away without saying anything you didn't know.
Finished the level. Despite my breakthrough the block puzzle fooled twice again, but it wasn't too bad. It could be too difficult for CCLP1 but despite my complaining the level held my interest pretty well over many, many tries.
I know Tyler probably doesn't care at all, but Plug in Baby could so easily be made pedantic compatible. All you have to do is switch the button that controls the block and the ball cloner that hits it. So that the ball clones to the right instead of left (E instead of W) and place them where you can still see them from inside the room which is the purpose.

Also, I'm sure Tyler knows about the Haunted Blocks. All you have to do is flip the level. It's like he went out of his way to make it not pedantic.

I don't know why I felt the need to post this.

~Bowman
~Bowman
Got further in Lounge Act, found a really tough monster dodging bit, and I'm even more discouraged.
Quote:Got further in Lounge Act, found a really tough monster dodging bit, and I'm even more discouraged.

I legitimately don't know what you're talking about Thumbs up Unless you mean the fireball part, in which case, yes, it is tough, but it's at the very beginning.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
I was mistaken, I assumed you had to do something evil with the teeth. But a fireball part has me stumped. And the fact you said "very beginning" worries me greatly if we're referring to the same thing.
Quote:I was mistaken, I assumed you had to do something evil with the teeth. But a fireball part has me stumped. And the fact you said "very beginning" worries me greatly if we're referring to the same thing.

I mean the fireball in the toggle door room, and it's not technically at the "very" beginning, it's about 45 seconds in (compared to the total level time of about 7 minutes 20 seconds). And spoilers I guess: the teeth is used, but the dodging/timing for it shouldn't be difficult at all.

Quote:I know Tyler probably doesn't care at all, but Plug in Baby could so easily be made pedantic compatible. All you have to do is switch the button that controls the block and the ball cloner that hits it. So that the ball clones to the right instead of left (E instead of W) and place them where you can still see them from inside the room which is the purpose.

Also, I'm sure Tyler knows about the Haunted Blocks. All you have to do is flip the level. It's like he went out of his way to make it not pedantic.

If I did that for Plug In Baby, it would mean the player wouldn't be able to see when the ball hits the button, which isn't *that* unfair, but I'd take a fair level over a pedantic one any day. Also, I could solve the problem by flipping it horizontally and finding a way to change some of the thin walls, but that's really unnecessary.

The same thing goes for the Haunted Blocks, though technically, it is still solvable in pedantic mode, just the trap wirings are switched.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:If I did that for Plug In Baby, it would mean the player wouldn't be able to see when the ball hits the button, which isn't *that* unfair, but I'd take a fair level over a pedantic one any day.

I completely understand what you mean. But in my "version" Chip stands at (15, 17) waiting for the block to clone, right? While the EAST facing ball cloner is at (17, 15) and the button that clones the block is (19, 15) which can still be seen in the 9x9 square chip is in. It still would serve the same purpose and it would be fair, as you said. Just wanted to clarify because I didn't think you got exactly what I meant. I made a picture but I don't know how to attach it, derp derp.

Quote:The same thing goes for the Haunted Blocks, though technically, it is still solvable in pedantic mode, just the trap wirings are switched.

When I say compatible I mean the same in both versions.

The funny things is I find myself so strict with making pedantic compatible levels, but I barely play in that. I prefer MS by a long shot. I guess after playing through JL1, I grew a respect for the consideration of it. I'm trying to make my future levels all Pedantic. But as you have pointed out, it doesn't really matter. It's just something I started to like.

~Bowman
~Bowman