TS0
TS0 is my seventh level set (which is too many), and my current level set. It has 22 levels at the moment, with their difficulties ranging from "piss poor easy" (Tunnel Clearance, Dig for Fire) to "balls-to-the-wall hard" (Lounge Act, Gimmick Isle Part Deux), and be advised that there's no sort of semblance to a difficulty curve in the set whatsoever. All levels are MS and Lynx compatible, and yes, I actually tested them all the way through in both rulesets. Contains little to no bullcrap (i.e. extreme monster dodging, fire under blocks, guesswork, lucky timings). Here's the link, and I guess I'll post future updates here.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/chip...es/TS0.dat

Requires a Yahoo! login.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
The Sewers rocks. So does TYTATWM.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Right now I'm part way through figuring out GIPD, althought how would I know? Also, I've been wanting to ask why TYTATWM was turned upside down, especially since that makes it non pedantic compatible now. My guess is that a flick had busted it...?
~Bowman
It was flipped because the title box in MSCC blocked Chip and the bug, pretty much guaranteeing a death the first try. Gimmick Isle Part Deux was created before this was flipped, and since I gave up on trying to make that level pedantic Lynx compatible, I was more willing to flip this level. Also, I could easily make it pedantic Lynx compatible if I wanted to, I'd just have to connect the buttons to the traps in the next row, or I could flip only the room.

This set is tricky! I had skipped it earlier because I couldn't (still can't) get past Kinetic Aesthetic but after going in with no passwords. I have tried most of the levels and had little luck with most of them, cleared 4 so far with a fifth soon on the way. The levels are clever but I skipped some due to figuring out what was needed and thoroughly balking at it (It Only Gets Worse, Crete in Winter).

I do not like that trick that I assume you're supposed to do in Lounge Act, at all.
I've been wondering - how do you "flip" levels, Tyler? Is there a way to do this in an editor that I'm not familiar with?
Quote:I do not like that trick that I assume you're supposed to do in Lounge Act, at all.

And what "trick" is that? Tongue

Quote:I've been wondering - how do you "flip" levels, Tyler? Is there a way to do this in an editor that I'm not familiar with?
I did it manually, but taking a screenshot of the level and flipping it in an image editor helps. I believe Yongyi was planning on putting in such a feature in CCDesign, but he sort of stopped working on it...

Quote:I do not like that trick that I assume you're supposed to do in Lounge Act, at all.

You mean, partial posting? It's a simple concept with a creative and complex design. Really, it isn't unfair at all just near impossible to figure out on your own.

I shouldn't say that; just because I had trouble with it. I'm having some better luck with Gimmick Isle Part Deux and it's because of figuring out (cheating on) Gimmick Isle I and Lounge Act. I know most of these concepts would've flew over my head just a few months ago. That being said, I still haven't figured it out yet. But I'm determined not to ask for help on this one (not yet).

<span style="font-size:14px;">But, yeah. All Lounge Act is is just figuring out a way to partial post in each room. It really isn't that hard when you figure it out. It's amazing.

<span style="font-size:14px;">~Bowman
~Bowman
By the way, Plug In Baby, Lounge Act, and Gimmick Isle Part Deux were the only levels intended to be very difficult. In the next update, I'll be changing some of Lounge Act to make it more forgiving (and slightly more aesthetically pleasing).

Also, I've changed Thief, You've Taken All That Was Me to be pedantic Lynx compatible in the next updated (not that it matters, really).

Quote:You mean, partial posting? It's a simple concept with a creative and complex design. Really, it isn't unfair at all just near impossible to figure out on your own.

I shouldn't say that; just because I had trouble with it. I'm having some better luck with Gimmick Isle Part Deux and it's because of figuring out (cheating on) Gimmick Isle I and Lounge Act. I know most of these concepts would've flew over my head just a few months ago. That being said, I still haven't figured it out yet. But I'm determined not to ask for help on this one (not yet).

<span style="font-size:14px;">But, yeah. All Lounge Act is is just figuring out a way to partial post in each room. It really isn't that hard when you figure it out. It's amazing.

<span style="font-size:14px;">~Bowman

I had to look up that word on the wiki, but I think we might be talking about the same trick. It wasn't that hard to guess, exactly, since that technique was used in other another level in the set (not to mention used by myself on my levels on more than one occasion). The problem is partial posting when the obstacle that is blocking the teleporter is moving. It wasn't too bad on Different Obstacles (the easiest level on the set, that I've seen so far), but using a very fast moving block and having to spend fifteen seconds resetting the partial post to do another attempt if your timing is a whole other thing, when you're like me and suck with timing, it'd take me at least ten tries. And I assume that there's a whole lot more of the level to go after I finish that given that the time limit is 999...

I haven't mentioned much the levels that I thought were good, which is basically all the ones I've finished (The Sewers, Different Obstacles, Colors for Extreme, Cypress), and the one that I like the most so far, You Can Lead a Horse to Water..., which is still eluding me.