The greatness of Star Wars
There's no doubt after all these years the greatest Star Wars scene is when Vader reveals to Luke he is his father. How many parodies/references are on that scene alone? Laughing
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Nah, the greatest scene is the part on Dagobah where Yoda, talking about the Force, says: "Its energy surrounds us and binds us...luminous beings are we! Not this crude matter." Gives me chills every time.

Then again, the scene in the hut where Obi-Wan teaches Luke about the Force is also very moving.

And then there are the little moments...the look on Luke's face when he sees the ruins of the Lars homestead, the kiss Leia gives him before they swing across the pit, the way Obi-Wan smiles and closes his eyes right as he sacrifices himself so that Luke et. al. can escape...
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Those scenes on Dagobah used to bore me as a kid...but they mean so much more now. Nothing in Star Wars makes me tear up more than seeing Yoda's tranquil yet magnificent Force-lifting Luke's X-Wing out of the swamp.
Yeah, when I was a kid, I thought that Empire was horrible (mainly due to Dagobah) and that Jedi was the best thing ever. Now, of course, I believe the opposite.

I still think that the Hoth battle scenes are sort of boring, though.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
"Do or do not. There is no try"

And then I eat the yellow one.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
When Gummi Bear Yoda realizes that you're about to eat him, does he scream the way he does when Luke thinks about Leia and Han and loses his balance? I'd imagine that he would.

Either that, or he'd let out that senile laugh he's so fond of in his first scenes in Empire, so that you would be afraid of catching Mad Cow Disease, or whatever the Yoda-species equivalent of that would be.

Weird thoughts, I know these are. Doing schoolwork, I should be.
"Concentraaa-AAA-te!"
Control, control...I must learn control!
I got pretty good at mimicking the Frank Oz voice saying "Eat you, I will!"
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I knew a guy in high school who got the Yoda voice perfect. He was also the kind of guy who had memorized Monty Python & The Holy Grail, The Matrix, and the entire Star Wars trilogy, so we of course made him recite all of Yoda's lines from all of the movies whenever we were in need of amusement. This reached a particular head in the months leading up to and following the release of Revenge Of The Sith. Good times.