The greatness of Star Wars
I still like the first LOTR film the most. All three are quite fantastic, but the first will always be my favorite. Slight smile
Quote:No, but if you look at the huge sucess of it you're by far in the minority.

He is the 1% Tongue

Lol JK buy IMO the 3rd LOTR was the best.
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
I saw TPM this morning; it was amazing. It was beautiful. I loved it. Unless you absolutely despise TPM or 3-D, I highly recommend going to see it, if that's an option. The CGI-Yoda is one of the Lucas changes that's actually worthwhile (as is the "screen" addition in the Viceroy's scenes during the first battle). And there's nothing like hearing John Williams' music blaring out while the opening crawl snakes across the big screen (even if it is stuff about taxation and trade disputes).
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Ah, here's the proper place to discuss TPM. Slight smile

I actually did have fun watching it (though I had some of the scathing yet hilarious video reviews of it that I've seen on YouTube running through my head the entire time). It was a wonderful memory-jogger to see it on the big screen again, and some of the sequences, particularly the podrace, were just breathtaking.
"Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars" -- Queen, "Bicycle Race"

Oh Freddy, how could you?
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Chalk that up as another reason why I despise Queen.

I can't say I've ever found a truly hilarious video review of the prequels. A lot of them are just as childish and poorly thought out as the movies they're attempting to critique (redlettermedia, anyone?). And this is coming from somone who thinks that Attack Of The Clones is a truly terrible movie that has absolutely nothing to redeem it (Natalie Portman in sexy clothes notwithstanding).
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Oh, I enjoyed the RedLetterMedia review. Tongue As intentionally childish as it was, that's part of what made it fun to watch, and it made some excellent points.
I think the guy's voice killed off any entertainment value it may have had for me. I don't know if he was intentionally trying to sound annoying, but it was more insufferable than Jar-Jar (though not as insufferable as the Anakin/Padme romance in AOTC).
I'm pretty sure he was trying to sound ridiculous. Tongue If you've watched anything else he's produced, you'll see that he sounds very, very different in real life.
Ok, fair enough. But I suppose that just as most people refuse to accept that Jar Jar is supposed to be annoying, I can't cotton to the way the guy talks during those vids.

And again, I think a lot of the points he makes are just ridiculous. At times it even veers into the sort of critiquing I'd expect from a high school creative writing class (I get it that traditional story arches involve a strong, easily identifiable protagonist whom the story essentially revolves around...but TPM is the first part of a saga, not just a self-contained flick the way ANH was).