The greatness of Star Wars
What the hell has Lucas done to Return Of The Jedi? I watched it on Blu-Ray the whole way this time and noticed they messed up the ending. What's up with Vader's ghost?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Oh, that's been there since the DVD release. The incredibly unnecessary - and detrimental - new addition is Vader's "NO. NOOOOOOOO!" when he decides to throw the Emperor down the shaft.
Quote:Oh, that's been there since the DVD release. The incredibly unnecessary - and detrimental - new addition is Vader's "NO. NOOOOOOOO!" when he decides to throw the Emperor down the shaft.

*sigh*. I guess we'll have to settle with the original VHS releases for the pure copies of Star Wars. Thumbs down
Didn't the DVD releases have the original theatrical versions on them? I can't seem to remember...
In 2006 they rereleased the DVD's with "bonus discs" that featured the originals. The thing is, they look terrible. They were ripped straight from the Laserdisc issues in the 90's.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:In 2006 they rereleased the DVD's with "bonus discs" that featured the originals. The thing is, they look terrible. They were ripped straight from the Laserdisc issues in the 90's.

That's a shame. I guess it was for the best that we have the new digital releases. The only thing that really annoyed me was the end of Return Of The Jedi.
The problem with the blu-rays is that they contain the same screw-ups as the original DVD's, with even a few more little things changed (as JB said, the worst is the new "nooo" scream). Greedo still shoots, etc.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
What's crazy is Lucas's reasoning for Greedo shooting first.
Especially because he doesn't really shoot "first."

Honestly, Han should have shot him even earlier.
Oh, I don't know...I think the entire conversation provided some nice build-up. It's that wonderful "you-know-what's-going-to-happen-and-are-waiting-for-it-in-great-anticipation" feeling.