The greatness of Star Wars
Whenever I need a laugh, I can always remember Yoda's wacky line, "Around the survivors a perimeter create!" Somehow, it sounds so ridiculous compared to the other things he says. Tongue
I think pretty much all of his dialogue in episodes 2, 3, and 6 is ridiculous, but yeah, that line in particular is rather cringe-worthy. It just fails on every level, including the inverted language (which, as with pretty much all post-Empire Yoda dialogue, sounds like a bad parody).
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Bad language it is!
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
How embarrassing...hooow em-barr-assing.
I think Mace Windu has even more laughable lines, even though that may well be more of a character flaw than anything.

Mace: The boy IS the chosen one.

Qui-Gon: So he is to be trained then?

Mace: No.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Maybe Mace knew what was coming....

The prophecy.....misunderstood....may have been.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Nevertheless, he is dangerous and not to be trained.

(Why didn't they just kill him? Anakin, I mean. If they thought he was so dangerous...)
This party's over.
You know, we all know the plan was for Leia and Han to have kids and make a new race of Jedi. Think he'll ever write episode 7?
No, I don't think he ever will, and that's really my response to anyone who says that Lucas is just in it for the money. I think he genuinely does care about the story...otherwise, he'd be making the sequels, or else hiring them out to people and then providing minimal input (similar to Empire, or his original plans for the post-ANH future).