The greatness of Star Wars
What say ye fellow Chipsters? Ok, you can pick apart Lucas's post-1981 work and I'd be the first to concede that both Star Wars and Indiana Jones got progressively worse from there, but dang...the first two SW movies are still brilliant and entertaining. Right? Or am I off my rocker here?
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Nothing will top the original Star Wars movies! I recently got my mum the Star Wars saga on Blu-Ray and we managed to watch all 6 movies in one week. It was fun. Slight smile
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
When I was 16 I watched the original trilogy in one sitting. That was intense; I know true SW fanboys will watch the entire saga in one sitting, but stamina problems aside, I don't think I could ever force myself to sit through Ep. II again. Wink
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:When I was 16 I watched the original trilogy in one sitting. That was intense; I know true SW fanboys will watch the entire saga in one sitting, but stamina problems aside, I don't think I could ever force myself to sit through Ep. II again. Wink

The prequels in Star Wars are without a doubt worse for me. However, I think Revenge Of The Sith was pretty good, but still no match for A New Hope or Empire Strikes Back.
I did like The Phantom Menace (though, admittedly, it's filled with crap); actually, I prefer it to Return Of The Jedi. Revenge Of The Sith wasn't *terrible*, but I had a lot of issues with it.
Quote:I did like The Phantom Menace (though, admittedly, it's filled with crap); actually, I prefer it to Return Of The Jedi. Revenge Of The Sith wasn't *terrible*, but I had a lot of issues with it.

I hate The Phantom Menace for one reason... Jar Jar Binks! [Image: %28N%29.gif]
Yeah, Jar-Jar is terrible...all the same, the film's generally entertaining to watch (yay for Liam Neeson!)...unlike AOTC or the endless Endor scenes in ROTJ.

Jar-Jar > Ewoks.
I think The Phantom Menace had problems that reached far beyond Jar Jar. Tongue
Quote:I think The Phantom Menace had problems that reached far beyond Jar Jar. Tongue

Yeah, I didn't like the Anakin kid in there either. I liked the Pod Racing sequence though.
I think we all agree that TESB was the best of the six.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan