Where are you from ?
Sometimes I feel like I should be from another time period...Slight smile
I'm fairly sure that I would not have survived in ancient times. Either I'd have been captured by slave traders and then killed by my master for general laziness, or my tribe would have packed up and left me behind in the middle of the night.

Modern life does have its perks.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I didn't mean that far back - I was thinking more along the lines of the 50s or 60s, at least in my case.

One of my close friends would love to live between the 1890s and 1930s. Smiley What am I saying - she practically does!
I could have had some success had I been born a couple decades earlier, but I would not have survived to enjoy it. Yay medicine!
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
The 50's and 60's? I'm fairly sure I wouldn't have been smart enough to dodge the draft. I probably would have also been too chicken to join a cult or commune. And I'd be the kid who got laughed at 'cause he'd rather listen to Frank Sinatra and Billie Holiday than the Stones or the Beach Boys.

Then again, it would have been cool to hear Chuck Berry and Elvis and Little Richard back in the day: you know, anticipating every new single, etc. Shame I'd have had to work a soul-crushing job in order to hear that stuff (unless I lived someplace like Memphis, where they had a decent radio station).
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Exactly! Ah, I love the oldies. It would've been so much fun just to dance to those songs.
I have less rhythm than Ringo Starr has songwriting capabilities. So dancing's out for me. I'd be happy listening to that stuff in my room (were headphones "in" then? Because Phil Spector sounds best on headphones. Actually, most stuff sounds better on headphones than on a stereo).

Anyway, the three musical movements I'd most like to experience firsthand (along with early rock 'n' roll) would be 70's punk (in England), 80's/90's Madchester (in Manchester, of course), and 90's Britpop (London, I guess).
Anyway, going back to the actual topic of this thread, im from Connecticut. (probably the only one lol)
Hi everyone! Sorry to interrupt this music conversation...

I have double nationality. I am spanish (Spain-spanish, not "latino-americano"-spanish), and american. I was born in a city in southern Spain, and currently live in a town near that city. From the age of 4 to 12- I have lived in Nebraska (Yep, that not-really-famous-for-anything state, and probably one of the ones you've never heard of). Ah! Who am I kidding, it's pretty nice over there. (But in Spain I have a beach nevarby Tongue). I consider myself more spanish than american. I am also an 18 year old, and starting to live like one XD. About french: I take it at school, but since this year has not gone well, well, french is one of the subjects that haven't gone well... My mom and my uncle speak it pretty well, but me, not much... About San Francisco: I am not (may I say gay, with no offense?) or a hippie, but San Francisco is a place I've always wanted to visit! About music, Well yeah, I've heard of Pet Shop boys, Rolling Stones, The Beatles, etc. but don't really listen to them... I'm more of a rock-type guy, my tastes in rock go from rock to thrash metal, with some other sub-genres in between. But fortunately for everyone, I also like other type of music, like Michael Jackson, 90s-early 2000s pop, I could say some limited rap, oh and I also somewhat like Reggae (for example Bob Marley). And probably I'm some other music which I can't remember right now. I know, I have a different taste in music. I HATE the music most of the people my age listen to over here, it's too annoying.

But I gotta ask. How do so many people from around the world know about Chip's Challenge? Did they have the Atari Lynx? Did they get it from their "Windows Entertainment Pack" from their Windows 2000 or did they hear about it or saw it on the internet?

Me, I got it from the "Windows Entertainment Pack" (good memories B) ).

Well, se ya!
Glider
First chipster ever reported to fill ON THE ROCKS with blocks.

HASHLEVELS.dat (49 CC1 levels)
I imagine most people here (including me) discovered Chip's Challenge from the Windows Entertainment Packs.

(That was all i wanted to say, but since i'm here...)

Born and raised (and still living) in Texas. Concerning my ethnicity, my mom is Oriental and my dad is European.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam