Where are you from ?
Quote:The thing about Yazoo is that you can combine their two albums and the odd singles into one truly great album...but neither of their studio albums is really all that great, and neither is their "Best Of."

"Bad Connection," "Only You," and "Nobody's Diary" are my favorite Yazoo songs. The less said about "I Before E Except After C," the better.

I honestly tried to like that track, but just couldn't. Only You is the only track that I'd kill for.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
I do not agree with that massive Beatles hate, perhaps you chose the Stones instead and that's perfectly fine, but one has to understand that most everything today has the Beatles as a reference. Same goes with The Who for any metalhead around.

I do agree that we went seriously off-topic and another topic should be made for those who'd like to maintain this very fierce debate.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:one has to understand that most everything today has the Beatles as a reference.

Well, yes. That doesn't mean that one has to like them. There's a difference between being influential and being "good."
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
The Beatles BECAME good. If they hadn't existed, someone else would have come along to fill the gap.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
If you put a gun to my head and said "listen to a Beatles album," I'd go for Please Please Me or A Hard Day's Night. I wouldn't dislike them quite so much if they'd broken up around the time of Revolver. Up 'till then, they were merely mediocre, with the odd great single. After Revolver, though, they fell into a spiral of complete crap.

Which is better than the Stones, I suppose, who started off as a terrible band and then, improbably enough, got worse with time.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
I love The Beatles and Rolling Stones, but not as much as Elvis. Thumbs up

Anyway, enough with the music discussions here. This topic needs to get back on track. Blob
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Don't worry I'm still from California Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I'm from Monkees-land. And yeah, the Stones sort of went downhill after Ruby Tuesday.
Beatles' best works are all towards the end, no musician on this planet will ever deny that. They definitely made some of the most impressive stuff I've ever heard on Abbey Road and Sgt.Peppers' Lonely Hearts Club Band

And I'm spiritually closer to B.C. than Quebec right now, but I'm still a Canadian deep inside.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:Don't worry I'm still from California Slight smile

I changed my mind. I've decided that I'm from West Virginia. Having heard endless jokes about West Virginians (most of which would be too gross to post on this site even if we weren't striving for family-friendliness), I'm curious to see what life in West Virginia is like. Naturally, I'll keep you all posted.