The heresy you speak!

New Order = my ears are bleeding!

PSB = I wish they were as good as Depeche Mode

Depeche Mode = damn

TFF = Breakup worse than the Beatles and Wham

Duran Duran = Breakup made them better

Yazoo = my ears thank you

Erasure = who knew there were 20 songs that were all the same, but a good same

SoftCell, Spandau Ballet, etc. = would we have missed them if they never happened?

Japan = who?

The Human League = one great song does not make a great band

And I should probably throw in OMD (not really worth mentioning), Madness (who's house?) and Quickflight (what, you've never heard of them either?).
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Duran Duran, Eurythmics, New Order, Depeche Mode, Tears For Fears, oh man. I love all of these.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
How can you not like New Order, Dave? True heresy!

I LOVE OMD! I can't believe I forgot about them!

Without Soft Cell, you don't have synth-pop's all-time best moment: the 12" version of "Say Hello, Wave Goodbye," complete with clarinet introduction.

Japan are responsible for the terrible song "Ghosts." You've probably heard it.

I don't consider Madness to be synth-pop. "Crap that gives ska a bad name" works, though.

The Human League have more than one great song; they've got a great album (ok, track 6 sucks), plus "(Keep Feeling) Fascination."

Tears For Fears are the band with three or four great songs (Advice For The Young At Heart, Badman's Song, Sowing The Seeds Of Love, the 12" version of Pale Shelter), and then a bunch of blandness. And I have to say that the breakup of the Beatles gives me great pleasure, because I love to hear fanboys crying themselves to sleep about the Evil Yoko Ono. Plus, by breaking up when they did, they spared the world another dozen albums' worth of mediocrity.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Well I've learned not to touch the sacred beatles cow for fear of being eaten alive by hippies.

The sad news about Davy Jones reminds me that I used to be in an internet fan club for them before the web really caught on. alt.monkees or something. Anyway, despite them being the ultimate in bubblegum, they had a couple very under-appreciated songs, including Shades of Grey and Door Into Summer.

Every song on Tears for Fears greatest hits album is awesome. I can understand if you don't find any merit in Tears Roll Down, but Mad World is an all time anthem for the angst that most of us go through at some point in our lives. The world really is crazy, you know.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Eh, as far as hippies go, I say [censored] them. Half the time their brains are fried from too many drugs and featherweight philosophical convictions.

I don't really have anything against "Mad World," just that it provokes absolutely no response in me. But if you like it, hey...sometimes I wish I could like more music than I do. In general, I like my angst over-the-top yet elegant. You know, Portishead-style.
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
BTW Yazoo's Upstairs at Eric's was overrated when it came out, but is underrated now.

Same goes for Boom Crash Opera's These Here Are Crazy Times.
The thing about Yazoo is that you can combine their two albums and the odd singles into one truly great album...but neither of their studio albums is really all that great, and neither is their "Best Of."

"Bad Connection," "Only You," and "Nobody's Diary" are my favorite Yazoo songs. The less said about "I Before E Except After C," the better.
I think it's amazingly hilarious that this change of topic happened when I said something about gay people in SF XD

Just hadda through it out there Tongue

Anyways, back to your normally scheduled topic.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
It's wilder than the ACRONYMS (sic) thread!
Quote:This might seem incredibly random, but are you familiar with Labrador Records?

Sorry, no. And thus yes, that seems very random indeed! Slight smile