Poll: Favourite Chip's Challenge monster?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bug
0%
0 0%
Fireball
2.86%
1 2.86%
Glider
14.29%
5 14.29%
Teeth
48.57%
17 48.57%
Pink Ball
2.86%
1 2.86%
Tank
8.57%
3 8.57%
Paramecium
8.57%
3 8.57%
Blob
2.86%
1 2.86%
Walker
11.43%
4 11.43%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Favourite Monster?
Quote:...is it just me, or are blobs not as random as they are in theory? In MS it often seems as if the blobs tend to prefer squares closer to Chip (particularly in open spaces). Then again, maybe it's just part of that tendency to see bias where there really isn't any (there's a term for that, but I can't recall it right now...)

This morning I did the level 133 Blobdances, and I made a test : if you go to any corner of the first room, the blob will take approximately six seconds to four seconds to reach you, so it's not random at all, they do choose to be closer to Chip in a random way... I think that being totally random would make them quiet boring since they could be anywhere at the same chance, it would be so easy to pass them...
Quote:This morning I did the level 133 Blobdances, and I made a test : if you go to any corner of the first room, the blob will take approximately six seconds to four seconds to reach you, so it's not random at all, they do choose to be closer to Chip in a random way... I think that being totally random would make them quiet boring since they could be anywhere at the same chance, it would be so easy to pass them...

Being totally random doesn't necessarily mean they have the same probability to be anywhere, since they have to get there first. It'd also depend on the shape of the room that they were confined to, because they have a tendency to get stuck in narrow spaces due to the way they move. It'd be interesting to test how long it would take a blob on a completely open level, near the center, and Chip on one edge and not moving, to hit Chip. The probability nears certainty for very large amounts of time, but a level is a big place, and to hit a specific square within 999 seconds that far away from the start would be unlikely.
Quote:This morning I did the level 133 Blobdances, and I made a test : if you go to any corner of the first room, the blob will take approximately six seconds to four seconds to reach you, so it's not random at all, they do choose to be closer to Chip in a random way... I think that being totally random would make them quiet boring since they could be anywhere at the same chance, it would be so easy to pass them...

Interesting... I just did a few tests myself in the first 3 rooms, and in room one, it got to me kind of quickly, I'd say about 6 seconds, the second room it never did after counting to 30, and same with room three...
<p>Proud owner of absolutely no untied bolds.
Phazite: You know what you're talking about, man!
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
Quote:For some reason I like bugs more than paramecium.

Me too! I wonder why? Perhaps because you can see which direction bugs go, thinking of it...
Believe it or not guys, but Blobs are in my top 3 monsters of Chip's Challenge! Thumbs upBlob
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
I applause you, Tom! They're also in my Top3.
Hello'v'ryone's'is' rockdet Ænigma Mælström (any word with æ because it's funny), master of non sequitur buckets!
My YouTube Channel
Rock-Alpha(It's a great game, Bill) 65 levels, including "Voices" and the world-infamous famous "Bloblake"!
Rock-Beta (You should try it, Bill) 50 levels, including "Unicorn Rabbit" and "The Sedna Suite" odyssey!
Rock-Gamma (Woah, really, Bill?!) 40 levels, including "Uncle duo ha ha ha ha ha" and many other surprises and what the actual f*** moments!
Teeth "We are after all in the future, where the past is king and the paste is ming." -raocow
1. Tanks

2. Teeth

Everything else is tied for third.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
Quote:1. Tanks

2. Teeth

I'm guessing you enjoy the ice block too. Slight smile
If blocks count as a monster, they'd hit my top 5 as well. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing Chip get squished, or Fire block
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]