CCLP5: Call for Staff Interest
(10-Jan-2021, 2:05 PM)Calica Wrote: I'm going to quote this from IHNN talking on Discord regarding the veteran pack, just for posterity:
Quote:Hot take: it's not worth going in with the intent to also create a veteran pack, as that would neuter the upper end of difficulties from the accompanying main set. If there's enough very difficult levels with at least some being well liked then producing a veteran pack from that works too
Using the CCLP4 pool as an example, the only very difficult level that did well that wasn't included on basis of difficulty was Lounge Act- I think it could have had a place if there was a way to build into it, but it would have been such a big jump there
For the CCLP5 pool I don't see that sort of difficulty spike as an obstacle
and based on CC2LP1 I would expect the main set to be pretty tricky to figure out anyway

I think the idea is that a veteran pack would only contain levels that are too difficult for a regular CCLP anyway, so this concern (which is a good one) wouldn't apply. However, others' conceptions of what such a pack might contain might be different than my own.
(20-Jan-2021, 11:33 PM)James Wrote:
(10-Jan-2021, 2:05 PM)Calica Wrote: I'm going to quote this from IHNN talking on Discord regarding the veteran pack, just for posterity:
Quote:Hot take: it's not worth going in with the intent to also create a veteran pack, as that would neuter the upper end of difficulties from the accompanying main set. If there's enough very difficult levels with at least some being well liked then producing a veteran pack from that works too
Using the CCLP4 pool as an example, the only very difficult level that did well that wasn't included on basis of difficulty was Lounge Act- I think it could have had a place if there was a way to build into it, but it would have been such a big jump there
For the CCLP5 pool I don't see that sort of difficulty spike as an obstacle
and based on CC2LP1 I would expect the main set to be pretty tricky to figure out anyway

I think the idea is that a veteran pack would only contain levels that are too difficult for a regular CCLP anyway, so this concern (which is a good one) wouldn't apply. However, others' conceptions of what such a pack might contain might be different than my own.
At present, I don't believe there are even a dozen levels out there that would be considered too difficult for a CCLP. The most notable one I can think of that might be a good fit for a veteran pack would be Madhav's In the Line of Fire. More levels could fit this criteria if you open it up to MS only levels with an emphasis on strange behaviors as many of pieguy's levels qualify here, but I still don't think that this pool is large enough to warrant assembling a veteran pack.

As for me and working directly on CCLP5- I don't really have the time these days, so unless that changes (it likely won't) I'll leave it to people who are around more. Josh is definitely a good candidate to lead the project.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Glad to hear that this is actually happening now!

I would much be willing to contribute. Certainly there are no guarantees for sure, but I would be happy to volunteer.
My Levelset: TomB1.dat (95 levels, Version 1.3.3, Last updated May 8th, 2021)

YouTube l Twitter l Twitch l Instagram l Discord
I wouldn’t mind being on the staff as a tester after sitting the last pack out, if there’s room for one more. I’m also seconding (thirding? fourthing?) the appointment of Josh as the staff leader or coordinator.