The Wannabe Longest Thread
5' 9"
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Wow. Wow. That is epic. Darn you!
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Quote:Wow. Wow. That is epic. Darn you!

LOL thanks Tongue
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
So, because this is supposed to be The Longest Thread, I offer up another digression:

How about gigabytes, eh? They're really something.

[i'm not sure where, exactly, this line of discussion will go, but I'm sure someone here can think of something creative.]
Quote:In Jr. High School, I would take a gummi bear, squeeze its ears into points so it looked like Yoda, and then I would say to it "Eat you, I will!". And of course then I would it eat.
Terabytes are the new gigabytes when it comes to personal storage space. Of course, your garden variety corporation probably is up to petabytes by now. I shudder to think of what kind of storage a government agency has.
I actually originally wrote "terrabytes" (sic), but I purposely changed it to "gigabytes" because I wasn't sure about the spelling (it turned out that I had it wrong), and I was too lazy to look it up.

The storage space of a government agency isn't what should concern you; their organizational scheme is what should be cause for worry!
MS moved people from large to gigantic pretty fast. I prefer smaller footprints. My first database program for our research nursery held information on each individual tree we had in our nursery, about 5000, covering 6 different species, and placement on a grid in just under 100 different plantations. Program and data fit on a 720Kb 5 1/4 inch floppy for distribution. Of course, that was DOS based. The windows version used more than twice the space.

ian
As much as I'm not a huge fan of these type of topics, I'll let it slide.

Anyway, is it true that USB hard drives are slower than SATA hard drives?
[Image: tsjoJuC.png]
Exabytes is where it's at. And I do where hats -- love covering up my balding scalp.

I hear USB3 is freaky fast.
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
USB is very slow compared to SATA. If it wasn't, we'd be using USB for hard drive interconnects, and they wouldn't have invented eSATA and Thunderbolt.