Elephant Pack - Discussion
Some of my opinions on some levels already mentioned, plus a few others from this pack:

10. Yet Another Pickle

This level originally had 10 teeth monsters, which unfortunately made it too rigid for my liking and ruined the fun this level was meant to hold. After recommending to Rock to lower the teeth count to 5, it felt much more fun and enjoyable to play. Even with the 49 chips to collect, it didn't feel like much of a chore to restart if I ended up getting ridiculously killed by a teeth. This is the kind of level I wouldn't mind seeing in the final set, it was just a bunch of fun to play.

21. Lockdown

A small puzzle level that did not overstay its welcome. The center lock design and how the level revolves around it was very nicely designed as well. My only complaint with this level is the ball dodging at the end but it's not terrible to go through. This is definitely one of my top favorites in voting.

24. Air Bubble

I love blue wall mazes and this level is definitely no exception. It does everything right and even though the time limit is low, it's still manageable. I always appreciate time crunch levels and I really wouldn't mind this one having a slightly lower time limit to around 120. In general, one of my top picks for blue wall levels, and definitely by far my strongest pick for time crunch levels.

25. Firewall

Honestly, this level was not fun to play. While I like that it isn't overly long, it didn't have a lot going for it and just was not interesting. Sorry.

36. Chip Leak Watermelon

This is by far my favorite recessed wall level/puzzle in the voting and very underrated as well. It took a few tries but I was very satisfied to finally solve this one. An A+ level in my book.

40. Paradigm Shift

I said this in my LP of the set this level originates from and I'll say it again. This level is really awesome and performs the "gotcha" feeling so well. It's rigid but not too rigid and I love that. If you make a mistake in solving it, you make the mistake. There are hardly any possibilities to blame the level for a mistake one would make on this. I didn't like the ice slide to the two chips at the start because if you do mess up, you have to take them again to collect them and it just felt annoying to do each time. But I'm willing to overlook this in the long run. Overall, this was a ton of fun to play.

48. Transmutation

While J.B. said this level is frustrating, I have to disagree and say I actually enjoyed this level. However, I do see the frustrating side of this, since the goal is not always clear, especially at the start of the level. After experimenting and going through the beginning force floor section myself (which does cook the level unfortunately), I was able to know the path the block is meant to take. Once that task is done, you have a very clever block puzzle in the north side of the level - of which I will admit does slightly overdo itself but it was executed very well and will give credit to the designer for that. Once the second toggle button is pressed, you're clear for the exit, if you manage to escape that evil trap on the force floors leading to that said toggle button. That part specifically I didn't appreciate but other than that, I enjoyed this level. The time limit is questionable, I don't feel 600 seconds is enough time but I did finish this with exactly 200 left so... maybe 700 or 750 would be more reasonable but it's up to the designer on that one. Just watch out for ramming blocks MS players because it is incredibly easy to do that and it's not always possible to fix a ram in some sections of the level. Slight smile

Favorite level: Malachite (41)

Least favorite level: Quadrant Connection (47)
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon

Messages In This Thread
Elephant Pack - Discussion - by Flareon350 - 15-Jul-2016, 12:21 AM
Elephant Pack - Discussion - by jblewis - 16-Jul-2016, 3:05 PM
Elephant Pack - Discussion - by chipster1059 - 16-Jul-2016, 4:59 PM