October 2018 Create Competition - Simple as CCLP3 & NEW MINI CREATE COMP
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/3...eon350.dat

Here are the 5 I've made, would have made more but I'm too sidetracked in finalizing WoCCLP3 Tongue
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Results... coming soon. Really.

I've uploaded the products of the mini create comp in a single set:

CC Zone File embed: https://cczone.invisionzone.com/files/fi.../?do=embed

I'm glad you guys responded well to the concept, and even I got carried away a bit and made a bunch of levels.

There are some real gems in here that stand completely on their own as levels.

But you can still make more! I'd like to see 9x9 versions of at least these still made:
  • Toggle Bust

• Map the Path

• Everybody Get Dangerous

• Vulcan

• Road Block

• Stress Fracture

• We'll Be Right Back

• Rotation

• Mudpie

• Diabolical

Of course anything else that inspires you is fine too. I enjoyed seeing the different versions different people made based on the same level, so don't be afraid to share your take on something that's already been made.

Do share what you think of the levels when you play them! Slight smile

EDIT: forgot to add the preview for some of my own contrivances...
[Image: MT_CC_2019_miniCCLP3preview.png.8d636bd9...d3de82.png]
Results!

Anonymous - not ranked - (Sna Lad, Was Spa, Cvs, DnQ)

Though the name "Was Spa" is pretty neat, I hope this naming convention doesn't take catch on. But who made these and why are these ranked last...

I was going to make a joke about an entrant wanting to remain anonymous and I can't give you Chip Cup points as a result, but I think I've used similar jokes before. I made these levels myself. I was just embarrassed to admit I made so many. I guess I just liked the theme. Slight smile (but let's not make it a habit to send in levels under false names)

M11k4 - 7th place - 5pts - (Mini Pearl Diving, Mini Checkers, Mini Game, Avalanche for Dummies)

Of these levels, I like Mini Checkers the most. You can see from these that I was aiming for something very simplistic when I was thinking of the theme. I'm still happy to have gotten so many quality levels from others even though they were not this simple, even though they were simpler than the originals. That's CCLP3 for you Slight smile

ElaineSpencer - 6th place - 6pts - (Annoying Blob)

This is a fun modification of the original level. It's also solvable in both rule sets without any luck required. However, I'm not sure how much simpler this is than the original. There's one fewer bomb than before, so I guess it's two thirds simpler. This would be a good fit for CCLP3 Blobs edition. I'm happy you joined in the fun though!

geodave - 5th place - 7pts - (Suspended Animé)

This level certainly takes the concept from the original and makes it much simpler. Collect chips, boots and keys, then things start moving when you are heading to the exit. The layout is very straight-forward, which can be seen as either the lack of a puzzling task to accomplish or as a way to keep things easily digestible.

Indyindeed - 4th place - 8pts - (Knockturn Alley, In Deepest Slumber)

Two level names that relate to each other. A subconscious expression of a tired designer, or completely intentional play on words? The first is a cool combination being inspired by Maginot Line and the walls of Gate Keeper. I think the structure here has potential to be a fun task, but I personally would have simplified some parts to make the whole a bit more elegant. It's a very enjoyable level though. For the second one, again you built a mechanism from one level into the walls of another. I think this is a better tactic when both levels were well-loved, but here I'm not sure what the end result is. I didn't not enjoy playing this though, so I feel you have the makings of a good designer in you and just need some practice to let your ideas shine.

RB3ProKeys - 3rd place - 10pts - (After the Avalanche)

I like this. Of course I like this, as Avalanche is my favorite level. But it's a hard concept to recreate correctly. Here you end up with seven rooms (so it's not too big), but you add the element of losing a some blocks on the way so there aren't always that many to move, plus rooms have more than one block in them anyway, so there is less rooms to get through as well. The design works fine, with a few things even sticking out as cool (like the ff stuff). This level leaves me wanting more, so you did something very right.

chipster1059 - 2nd place - 12pts - (Toggle Box, Flame Mixture, Singapore)

Toggle Box level could have been even smaller and better for it, which really shows that the original went too far. Having said that, I found the structure of this one to not be quite as interesting nor did it flow quite as well in the individual sections. I am left feeling I'd like to see an even simpler version of this level, yet I fine entry none the less.

In Flame Mixture we have a mixture of Map the Path and Dolly Mixture, with a hint of Flame Thrower. On the surface this sounds like a good recipe, but does it leave a good taste? I think requiring all the chips is a mistake, as it leads to game play at the end of the level that does not feel like any of its inspirations. The size might be about right, but just a bit smaller and a few fewer monsters would also have been ok. I'd get rid of the hint as well. I think you cooked up a good cake that we just need to bake a bit more to allow all the flavors shine.

I think you hit it out of the part with Singapore! It feels very much like Tool Box but is smaller without being trivial. The choices are cool and I can see myself enjoying this even when I need to play it again for the Time Trial Slight smile

Ihavenoname248 - 1st place - 15pts - (Spiraling Out of Control, Qualification Circuit, Rainbow Refraction)

For Spiraling Out of Control, I like the twist on this concept, but man did win end up with a level that's still on the long side of things. Maybe I think that because my expectations for this competition were different than what some of these concepts required. I'm still happy this level exists, and it is a fine show case of how you know how to execute on a concept.

Qualification Circuit I enjoyed playing. You took the concept and made it your own. Though the level is smaller than Grand Prix, it's still very complicated. Is there any way you could simplify it a bit? Let's get rid of some of the teleport stuff, shall we? I see that they are inspired from the original, but they don't add anything good to this level. I do like the puzzles though; they flow smoothly and the use of space is efficient.

Rainbow Refraction level is everything I wanted from this competition! Thanks for creating it for me Slight smile It is more complicated than I thought people would aim for, but everything is just as it should be. A very well deserved first place for just this level. I believe this seals the Chip Cup 2018 in your name, with a whooping four wins in the year! Congrats!

I haven't updated the set yet with the designer credits, but I'll get to that. I wouldn't mind if a few of the levels were still updated, perhaps incorporating some of the feedback. I just like these levels a lot and wouldn't mind seeing them honed a bit more Slight smile

Thanks again to all participants! I'm sure we'll have more great competitions this year!

...like the January 2019 Time Trial, which will still be part of last year's Chip Cup apparently...

-Miika

EDIT: also, for the mini create, everyone (that's Indyindeed, geodave, chipster1059, Flareon350, Ihavenoname248, M11k4) are awarded 5 Chip Cup
points!