October 2018 Create Competition - Simple as CCLP3 & NEW MINI CREATE COMP
Recently a lot of people have had their creative juices flowing and some sweet new levels have been released for both CC1 and CC2. To harness those juices, welcome to this competition!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a simpler version of a level in CCLP3. You can make a smaller version of a level you like, you can make a shorter version of a level you hate, you can make an easier version of a level that had you stumped. CCLP3 is full of cool puzzles, but put together they can be a bit much. Take a cool concept and make and share a version that is not necessarily so involved as the original.

I know these create competition themes can be a bit hit or miss at times, so let me explain what I'm looking for here. I don't have all the time in the world to judge a large competition, but I do enjoy doing something together as a community. Keep your submissions simple or elegant, that will make it easier for me to rank all the great entries you undoubtedly will create, and that will get you a long way. Your connection to the theme can be a bit loose if you aren't greatly inspired by it, but it is provided to give you some sort of inspiration, and to give me some sort of help in compiling the ranking. Most of all I like it when we can join together to create something fun to play.

Unfortunately, I am limiting the competition to CC1 levels (just to make my task a bit easier), but if you do make a CC2 level that fits the theme, please send it in, as I would love to see it even though I currently can't promise I'll rank it with the other submissions.

The deadline for this is November 11th where you live. Send your submissions to valeosote at hotmail dot com.

-Miika

Technical notes:

[Click to Show Content]
Results time!!! ...almost :-)

Sometimes I get requests to see the levels as quickly as possible, so that's what we're doing today. I arranged the levels in order of which levels they are based off and uploaded them in the downloads here. You can try to guess who made what until I'll type out some results, maybe next week. I played all the levels and enjoyed so many of them. (Don't look at the levels in an editor before trying them. There's twenty of them, though we only had about seven participants.) I was very happy to have submissions from new participants too!

But wait, there's more! I was looking through CCLP3 and I still want to see more levels made into smaller versions. This past competition was about making a simpler version of a level, but let's start a Mini Create Competition that is similar but not quite:
Your task is to make about a 9x9 (or a shape that is as small as appropriate for the level) version of a level in CCLP3.
You can directly post screenshots of your creations here in the thread. (You can also send the levels directly to me on Discord, for example, so I don't have to recreate them from the pics.) As with most other mini competitions, this one is open for a week from posting this message.

I'd like to see versions of at least these levels:
Blue Moon

Blue Blocks

Jaywalker

Damp

Bustin' Out

Lazy Hourglass

MonsterMaze

Dolly Mixtures

Flame Thrower

Patchwork

Map the Path

Mud and Water

Fireball Tourism

Which One Next?

Pac Man

Red, Green and Blue

Wireframe

Investment

Who's Left?

Construct-a-Maze

Bug Arranging

Everybody Get Dangerous

Vulcan

Vague Dream + Recurring Dream

Open up your editors and let's make this happen! Be sure to also play the levels posted and give your opinions (for both competitions). Tell me what you think!

-Miika
Just for fun, guessing who made what levels from the package. Obviously I know what I entered, so let's add some misdirection...

[Click to Show Content]
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Double post because I made some 9x9 levels!

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_11/Screenshot_1.png.b701c7c83eadc968da330d14b8d07821.png[/img]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

IHNN1 | IHNN2

Well, this may not be a 9x9 level, but I'm quite proud of the end result for what it is, given that the source level is very difficult to put in such a small space as it is.

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_11/image.png.cd827a7c5045714e0aee321c2c4d523e.png[/img]

I feel like I rushed the levels I submitted for the create competition this month and I hope not to make the same mistake next time.

Also, those levels look amazing, Jeffrey Thumbs up

Here's a few 9x9 levels I made tonight as compensation for not participating in the actual create.

[Image: J2EUlDo.png]

[Image: dXlKhti.png]

[Image: hSEbBrV.png]

Edit: here's two more because these are fun to make

[Image: SsccbEH.png]

[Image: FFqXrXw.png]
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I made two....guess where they came from

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_11/a1.png.80d2f3fdd5b24a5c51c42d658d5cbd62.png[/img]

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_11/a2.png.e29baf7a14464b52fcf46b37071eed45.png[/img]

"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Why should we stop scaling down at 9x9 - let's take it a step further to 7x7! Slight smile

[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_11/image.png.455b4982433a87e6ea0e4925a3fb3342.png[/img]

That Red, Green and Blue from Josh Heart

The Investment and Flame Thrower are pretty cool too, and I like that Bug Arranging... especially because it looks fun to optimize. Most of these levels do honestly- let me add another 6 Tongue

It's interesting to see how different people have approached the same level, on both competitions. I'd definitely be interested in seeing what others come up with for these ones!

Blue Moon, Damp, Map the Path, Which One Next?, Pac Man, Wireframe, Who's Left?, Everybody Get Dangerous, and Vulcan are the levels Miika wanted to see that haven't been condensed fully yet- though the EGD is interesting in its own way. So, which one next?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...teIHNN.dat

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_11/Screenshot_2.png.7dcb4e9aedb817ea83ca529b6cab633f.png" data-fileid="77">[img]<fileStore.core_Attachment>/monthly_2018_11/Screenshot_2.png.7dcb4e9aedb817ea83ca529b6cab633f.png[/img]</a>

IHNN1 | IHNN2

You guys are killing this! Remember to send me the files so I can compile them into one download for everyone Slight smile