is level creation a form of art?
Would you say what we create is a form of expression?

Would you say how you feel affects the level you make?

Do you ever give levels titles that are actually a reference to something going on in your own life?

Do you think some created levels are more than just a fun puzzle to play? Thousands upon thousands have been made so I would imagine some of them have a "story" behind them Slight smile
Yes. There's absolutely no way that it's not an art or form of expression- otherwise, everyone doing it would be making very very similar things. And even within common design tropes and variety levels, there's still a huge variance between designers.

No. If I'm feeling bleh I'm not trying to make levels. I'm doing something that's either relatively mindless, or takes all my focus to attempt to complete.

Not usually but every once in a while something I've recently done or said or heard just makes me pause and say "wow, that would be a great level title".

Obviously there are stories involved with some levels- both in the creation process and in the game-sense that there's a *story* for Chip to be progressing through. Some entire sets have been made around that idea.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
I haven't created many levels, but as a player of other people's levels I would say yes, definitely these levels express to me something of their creators, and are therefore works of art.
Quote:2 hours ago, Gavin said:

Would you say what we create is a form of expression?

Yes, I would say so. There is a lot of creativity involved in level design.

Would you say how you feel affects the level you make?

Under ordinary circumstances, not really. That said, if I'm in a bad mood, I might find myself making a very evil level, but this rarely happens since, like Jeffrey, I don't really design when I'm not feeling well.

Do you ever give levels titles that are actually a reference to something going on in your own life?

I create two types of levels: those where the title came first, and those where the level came first. In the former category, the titles sometimes reference events in my life. In the latter, however, it hardly ever happens, as I often struggle to find level titles.

Do you think some created levels are more than just a fun puzzle to play? Thousands upon thousands have been made so I would imagine some of them have a "story" behind them Slight smile

Yes, absolutely. Most of the levels in the first category, I mentioned in the previous section, would fit this description (although the story is not always very obvious).
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
I would think so. One time made a level that was inspired and based off the game of Minecraft, one of my all-time favorite games. The level is called "Chipcraft" and it turns out to be a bit of an interesting level to me.
My Levelset: TomB1.dat (95 levels, Version 1.3.3, Last updated May 8th, 2021)

YouTube l Twitter l Twitch l Instagram l Discord