Walls of CCLP3 discussion
Quote:1 hour ago, Tomsbananacakes said:

I managed to find a bust in Exit Exaggeration. Apparently with perfect timing, you can guide the tooth monster into the bomb at the beginning and exit. If you choose not to go there, you can use the flippers provided to exit in the NW room under the same circumstances.

At first I didn't see how this was doable until I finally understood what you meant. This has now been fixed - thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Edit: bust re-fixed because I'm dumb and left it busted in Lynx. It should be good now, ice being down the hallway on column 16 is the correct version.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Very happy to see yet another update for this amazing set so far. Just played the first 10 new levels and so far so good.Slight smile

41. Nice and simple level, that glider section threw me off at first but it was legit.

42. Great puzzle, whole lot better than the original Lichtenstein which is one my least favorite levels in CCLP3.

43. I remember reading a discussion on this level on Discord. At first I was scared but thank goodness for the blue walls under the blocks! Pushing blocks onto RFF's is just wrong. Still a great concept for a chip collecting level.

44. Aesthetically pleasing border and somewhat easy chip collecting level. The middle room behind the yellow door could be a little tricky.

45. Legit level with a creative way to use partial posts.

46. Fun level and that blob cloner section surrounding the 2 chips on the top right is amazing.

47. This isn't necessarily a garbage level. Somewhat difficult level in my opinion.

48. Fun level with legit puzzles.

49. Interesting invisible wall maze level. Time limit shouldn't be too much of an issue, I was able to spare 180 seconds.

50. Jumping swarm teeth edition. Kind of like an easier version of Zane's zombie levels
Made more progress and enjoying the new levels.

51. The beginning sokoban is cool along with that fireball cloner mechanism. Awesome level.

52. Absolutely brilliant puzzle, equally good as Fireball Tourism which is one of my favorites in the original CCLP3.

53. Creation level is creative. LOT easier than Same Game.

54. Really fun level with a clever use of a block cloner. Nice aesthetics too.

55. That red button room is really legit. Also the drowning of teeth is somewhat satisfying.

56. Fantastic brain exercise level. Whole LOT better than Caves, which is one of the levels I loathe in CCLP3.

57. Very fun level. Good job subverting expectations in that glider room.

58. Okay level, just got to keep track of where you're going. Concept somewhat annoying but thankfully the level is short.

59. Cool level with a partial post somewhat reminiscent of a partial post from Tyler's "Lounge Act."

60. Legit level with a bunch of legit puzzles. I didn't really like the RFF room with the tanks though. Everything else was a blast.
I've finished the 25 new levels and really enjoyed it!Slight smile

61. This is an okay level. It's a little tedious and a little hard to keep track due to the huge size. However it's not too difficult of a level not to mention the 5 extra chip leeway.

62. This level was a blast (no pun intended). Really liked the trap puzzle and the clear the way path room for the fireball.

63. Ah, the good old world glitch from Super Mario Bros on the NES. Fun level.

64. Cool black and gray aesthetic level. That recessed and trap puzzle with the fire boots is what really stood out. I was kind of stumped on that one. Great level.

65. At first I thought this was going to be a really difficult level, especially with sokobans being hard enough. It wasn't too hard, key thing is that more about the teleports. At the end, it was satisfying to complete.

Well, set's complete (for now). Keep up the good work Josh and really looking forward for more fun levels!Smiley

P.S: Whitepoint: One Year Later will be missed.Confused Cosmic Gold Hill: a nice blue key level.
Thank you for your feedback, mmoraleta! Glad to hear you enjoyed them, this is probably my favorite batch of levels so far.

Quote:6 hours ago, mmoraleta said:

60. Legit level with a bunch of legit puzzles. I didn't really like the RFF room with the tanks though. Everything else was a blast.

I really like that room! I do recognize that RFF part of the level can be a little iffy, but I feel like the timing with the tank flipping is just right. I am open to extend this timing a bit if need be.

Quote:34 minutes ago, mmoraleta said:

61. This is an okay level. It's a little tedious and a little hard to keep track due to the huge size. However it's not too difficult of a level not to mention the 5 extra chip leeway.

I'm not expecting this to be a favorite and I went into designing this one with that mindset. That being said, I tried the best I can to minimize the tedium via ice slides and the extra chips (maybe there can be a few more extras?). I didn't want players to resort to spam cloning to solve this one, which is why the trap button mechanism exists.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Since I will shortly be starting a new job in the upcoming days, my time for designing will be rather limited, so here is another update release! This time there are 15 new levels as levels 66-80 and like the previous update, these 15 levels are also arranged sort of by difficulty.

There are no changes to any of the pre-existing levels as well.

Walls of CCLP3

Enjoy!
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I'm really happy once again to see another update of this set so far. Pretty good levels with some that were kind of difficult and some really fun.

(66-75)

66. Really fun level and nice exploration feeling on the outside.

67. Very cool my friend teeth level. Also, cool variation too apart from the normal thin wall and/or wall for the my friend concept.

68. That glider and ball toggling room is legit and the trap button releasing pink balls to bombs was too.

69. This level was sort of difficult but maybe it was just making dumb mistakes. I really liked that tank and red button puzzle though.

70. Cool level twist of the "waterflies" concept.

71. Attractive blue and green door aesthetic I gotta say. Great puzzles too. LOT LOT easier than Old Frog New Tricks.

72. I guess this was you "lol walker" level mentioned on Discord. Could've been more annoying though. Not one of your best levels.

73. Awesome level and keep up those force floor "nail puzzles" too. Cool mechanism for a block cloner too.

74. Apart from the random tank cloner dodging at the start this level isn't too bad. Personally, I am not a Club Penguin fan but the NE room kind of reminded me of the World's Hardest Game. Just popped in my mind since Club Penguin was an online game.

75. Masterpiece maze level. Nuff said.
Quote:1 hour ago, mmoraleta said:

72. I guess this was you "lol walker" level mentioned on Discord. Could've been more annoying though. Not one of your best levels.

Ehh it doesn't have to be my best level for it to be good, which I am convinced it is as it stands. No one can really tell me otherwise.

I wanted a strict timed walker dodging level and that's what I made. And considering the wall template choice, I think it's completely justified for this to exist. Not to mention I nerfed the hell out of this before releasing.

If that isn't appreciated then I don't know what else to say. Sorry you didn't like it. Slight smile and thanks for the rest of your feedback as always!
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Just finished all new 15 levels!Slight smile Gotta say very well crafted and intriguing puzzles near the end.

76. I really loved this level probably cause I like block puzzles and/or sokobans. The practice room is also well appreciated but I didn't know exactly how strict the time limit before the exit gets blocked was. Still a very good level.

77. Extremely fun level. This is like "Chance Time" mixed with "Triple Maze". I would imagine that it would take lots of time to make sure everything works perfectly, in which it did.

78. Super creative underground puzzle. I have to say I was stumped on this level for quite a bit cause it has some stuff that looked like the obvious solution. For instance I thought that bee was supposed to blow up the bomb on (24,20) and that wasn't the case. In the end it was very satisfying to beat.

79. That beginning sokoban is legit. Awesome puzzle filled level.

80. Pretty cool monster manipulation to hit all traps level. Kind of feels like a glider version of "Bug Arranging" ("Glider Arranging").

This update had some really good levels and some pretty hard but I guess there will be some harder level now that were at level 80 now. Assuming that this will be the difficulty curve. But anyway, keep up the good work and hopefully your new job won't impede too much on the creation of the levelset. Still in life, we just got to do what we got to do. As always, hoping to see more fantastic levels from you.Smiley
I played through the first 16 levels in Lynx. Here are my thoughts so far.

#1 Lesson Zero (walls from #59 Air Pocket) Good way to use these walls. An itemswapper is always a great start to a great set!

#2 Blue Boot Plains (walls from #10 Annoying Wall) I would have never thought these walls would be used like this! Good maze level, even if it can be slightly hard to see.

#3 Mad Bombers (walls from #13 Road Block) This level could use a slight time limit increase. I went to read the hint and realized on the way back that I had 8 seconds left! I made it to the exit with 2 seconds left, though I still think it should be increased to 100.

#4 Lush Forest (thin walls and wall from #51 Dancing on Ice) This maze reminds me a lot of Jungle, and I was honestly expecting to see teeth! Good maze, albeit a bit generic.

#5 Medallion (walls from #8 Pigeonholed) Hey, I remember the screenshot of this one! An itemswapper with only one color of key, combined with the idea of using chips as hazards. I love it.

#6 Simulated Simulator (walls from #4 Suction Solution) I like this level, but I'm confused about the flippers at (6,1) since the water could easily just not be there. Is it just to fill in the space?

#7 Blurry (walls from #15 Bumper) Ugggh. This level was painful. I actually skipped it until I beat #10 and realized "hey, I haven't gone back and beat #7 yet". Being chased around by teeth in an area littered with hidden walls is not a good idea to build a level around, especially when the first chip the player tries to get at (12,6) has a wall right underneath it. Holding two directions at a time helps greatly in Lynx, but I imagine it's much worse in MS. Also, what's the point of the socket at (14,15)?

#8 Extended Replay (walls from #18 Replay) This was one of my favorites! Every part of the level felt like its own mini-level. I especially loved the monster order tricks in the rightmost room! (Even though I was in Lynx...)

#9 Technicolor Theatre (walls from #135 Color Wheel) This somewhat ordinary maze became something very special with the addition of red and blue keys to create "Repair the Maze" style sections, and with an awesome aesthetic to top it off. Also, the hint is blocked on all sides.

#10 Exit Exaggeration (walls from #1 Entrance Examination) This was a nice "fake exit" level, but the sections inspired by your other "fake exit" levels were especially fun. At first I thought I screwed up and thought I still needed the teeth from the Exit Garden section, but then I realized I could just exit. Overall, this one was very good.

#11 Cinder Block (walls from #74 Niche) I liked this level except for the recessed wall maze in the middle. There was no clear indication that I had to go to the top first and then leave a path to return from there, and I didn't realize until after I had already gone to the right. I assumed the way you got to the hint was you came back from that section later with a blue key, green key and fire boots, and you would go through a teleport at the top. Maybe you should place a hint at (8,15) that explains this and replace the hint with another collectible.

#12 Ping Pong in the Outback (walls from #126 Marooned) Now I really wish I hadn't reported that 289. This level made me realize how much I hate pink ball mazes like this. The worst part was that several of my deaths came from balls on fire or gravel, which made them entirely my fault. I didn't "try my luck" unless I accidentally walked towards a ball.

#13 Iron Complex (thin walls from #38 Wireframe) At first I wasn't a fan of the thin wall at (6,14), then I realized while writing this I could have just pushed the block up first. Good level, but it needs more chips under blocks Tongue

#14 Frigid Highlands (walls from #44 Tiny Spirals) Good combination of hidden walls and ice, but is there really no point at all to the hint room? There aren't even any chips there, or even a hidden wall maze.

#15 Chip in the Caldera (fire from #55 Construct-a-Maze) I love levels where you have to stop monsters from cloning! Though this level seems easily bustable by pushing a block to (13,17). I didn't pull off any shenanigans myself, but you may want to make a small fix just in case.

#16 Cardboard Cutout (walls from #9 Redoubled Effort) Variety levels are fun when they aren't too long, and this level was just right. I really liked the pink ball aesthetic on the outside of the level.

#17 Massive Mindset Shift (most blocks from #107 Lazy Hourglass) Argh, I just had the stupidest death on this level after collecting half of the chips! I really don't want to replay the level, so I'll stop here for the night. Though I will say that I don't remember there being blocks at the top and bottom of Lazy Hourglass.

So far I've been really enjoying the set! I may return tomorrow with more feedback.