J.B.'s CC1 Levelset Feedback Thread ("Walls of CCLP1" Complete!)
This is an amazing update to the set JB. Keep it up with the brain teasing puzzles and fun levels. Slight smile

Thoughts on levels 81-90

81. Mostly simple chip collecting level, time is a little small and kind of easy to miss chips. Level isn't too big so both time and chips shouldn't be too much of a concern.

82. Kind of simple item swapper. Had that "Pop up Locks" feeling. Better than the original Juxtaposition

83. Equally good as Josh's "Cosmic Gold Hill" but this one is actually one colored gold. Both good levels.

84. LOTS of legit puzzles in this level. The block and thief was the one that stumped me the most. Amazing level.

85. Nice mod of Mini Pyramid with a challenging twist. Like the ice aesthetic too.

86. Nicely designed blob level.

87. Pretty cool level. Originally, I wasn't expecting the blocks in the teeth room to be movable. I was thinking those were blocks on traps.

88. Somewhat easy level. Nice block on water puzzle.

89. Great blue wall exploration type of level. Also appreciate the leniency of which the player decides to tackle first. That aforementioned sokoban in the NW room mentioned in Discord was much easier than I thought.

90. I really really appreciate the fact that this level has extra chips. I was sort of frustrated in the beginning since I thought all chips were required. This was a somewhat difficult level to me despite a simple chip collecting objective.
Opinions of levels 91-100. This decade had a lot of legit puzzles and some unique concepts.

91. Cool variation of Josh's "Encrypted Malware".

92. Relatively simple key collecting level with paramecia.

93. Pretty simple chip collecting level mixed with a blue wall maze.

94. I felt that this is presents the ideal size for the "pushing blocks through a recessed wall maze".

95. This level had that "Frantic Frenzy" concept by Josh. Compared to his level I liked this one a little better. It has much more variety to it and both walkers and teeth were a little less annoying. However I kind of wish the nerve wracking parts like the walker on (21,21) and chip on (24,3) were a little earlier. Other than that it was a good level.

96. Plethora of great puzzles rolled into one.

97. Pretty unique concept that I've never seen before. This level is kind of an advanced pearl diving. Screwed up several times at first but that made me find a good strategy along the way, so trial and error is important.

98. This was a major satisfaction to solve. Personally, I am not a fan of "Map the Path" concepts but this one was a level that had me thinking quite a LOT. Characteristics of an amazing puzzle that is hard but brings satisfaction when you solve it.

99. Aesthetically nice straight line level mixed with an invisible wall maze. Somewhat of a breather level after a couple of decently difficult ones.

100. Very, very well put together puzzle. The NE section of the level was the hardest and the most legit in my opinion. This is much better than the original Green Clear.

That's all the levels completed so far. Slight smile Hope to see more soon!
Thanks for the comments, mmoraleta! I've updated a bunch of levels in WoCCLP1 with some improvements and changes - some small, some large:
  • Alien Frontiers: removed tanks from monster list in MS.

• Conservatory Circuit: changed name to “Open Circuit.”

• Rundown Railyard: added thieves to the end of second area.

• Block Buster 3 in 2D: changed NW seven block-sokoban to four blocks.

• Down the Rabbit Hole: repositioned teleport and socket leading to exit.

• Hamster Tube Cavern: removed one walker and repositioned two others.

• Sewer or Later: repositioned fireball to move clockwise.

• Chip! In! Spaaaace! - replaced appearing walls with traps.

• Slick Slimy Slurpee: replaced stray gravel space in NW corner with wall from original layout.

• Closed Circuit: changed time limit to 0, redesigned north half to promote non-linear approach.

• A Mine Is a Terrible Thing to Waste: moved blue button behind yellow door, removed one chip, added red key to SE corner, locked NW corner behind new red door so additional keys can’t be taken in.

CC Zone attachment: /files/file/665-walls-of-cclp1/?do=download&r=11406">Walls of CCLP1

As always, enjoy playing!
Walls of CCLP1 has been updated with ten new (mostly simple) levels! Enjoy playing, and as always, feedback is welcome. Slight smile
Wow, I wasn't expecting a surprise update that fast but woo hoo! Smiley As always, fun puzzly levels.

101. Square One - Pretty simple level and felt somewhat like Josh's "Keep Out of Reach of Children". I got to admit I was stumped by the ending puzzle but it was easier than it looked.

102. Igloo Intersection - Somewhat easy level, pretty easy to get lost though.

103. Diagon Alley - This was my least favorite level in the update. It has the "Map the Path" puzzle but I feel that the concept is more suitable for a smaller scale. Or, for a simple wall layout like the original. However the minor update recently kind of made the level easier by adding leniency.

104. Crosswalk Crossing - Simple chip collecting level with nice green aesthetics.

105. Color Wheel 2 : The Actual Wheel Part - Fantastic aesthetics. Equally good as Josh's "Technicolor Theatre". Both LOT better than the original Color Wheel.

106. Hazy Cosmic Jive - Kind of like a ice version of Josh's "Forced Circuit". Just gotta keep track of your bearings so you don't trap yourself. Medium level.

107. Dead Man's Switch - That beginning puzzle is so legit. Gotta say I was stumped on it for quite a while but satisfying to figure out and solve. Rest of the level wasn't too bad.

108. Same Mold Story - Not too fun but not too boring chip collecting level under blocks. It think it would be a little better if a little more gravel were added so some blobs wouldn't interfere with blobs in other rooms like the blob on (14,25) and (18,25).

109. Jet Black Incursion - Very fun collection of glider based puzzles . The bottom wasn't too annoying initially but I guess that it did take a little longer.

110. Chicanery - Super legit level especially that block and thief fireball section. I would vote this for CCLP5 someday.

As said before, very nice surprise update. Slight smile

Most Favorite: Dead Man's Switch (107) and Color Wheel 2: The Actual Wheel Part (105)

Least Favorite: Diagon Alley (103)
Trying to hold back on playing most of these Tongue but I played Hazy Cosmic Jive and it's a lot of fun!

I'm not sure if it was considered but I think it'd be neat if there were skates behind the sockets along with the exit and make the hint require the skates to read it. There seem to be plenty of extra recessed walls for this to be possible without trapping yourself from the exit but just a friendly suggestion nevertheless!
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Thanks for the suggestion, Josh! I actually thought of that as well, but I couldn't find a way to make it work without using barriers outside the pink ball-on-blue wall aesthetic or removing ice spaces entirely. If there's a way you can think of to make it happen with those conditions, feel free to let me know!

In the meantime, I've updated the set to version 0.8.0 with 10 new levels, as well as posted a minor change to Same Mold Story that takes mmoraleta's suggestion into account. Enjoy playing!

CC Zone attachment: /files/file/665-walls-of-cclp1/?do=download&r=11447">Walls of CCLP1
Yet another quick release update, oh yes! Smiley Great batch of new levels!

111. Bumble Beginnings- Fun bee directory level.

112. Urban Ecology- Nice level that felt a little bit like "Civilization of Creatures". Also nice arbitrary blocks on top of gravel on the edges.

113. Floating Temples- Very legit twist on the "waterflies" concept. Somewhat simple chip collecting level.

114. Room of Requirement- Fantastic use and quite creative puzzle for the walls of "Teleport Trouble". The pink ball on the trap and the block on (21,14) stumped me the most.

115. Light the Fuse- Good item swapper rush type of level but to me it suffers from extensive backtracking. But, hey it adds on to the challenge.

116. Bento Box- Probably my most favorite level in this update. Really like that square design and that room on the very top left was cool. The fiery sokoban and the room with the thief under the block were the most challenging. This was mentioned on Discord that you weren't really planning on a medley level, which is still fine. But, in case you were the square design would've been ideal for a medley type level.

117. Flooded Neighbor's House- Very well put together block and water type of puzzle. Some parts kept screwing me up but for the most part it was puzzly.

118. Iron Sky- I appreciate the random tank dodging at the start. Just like how I've beaten Josh's "Club Penguin", tackle the random tank cloning section first. Also, the bomb section had a nice time crunch to it. I don't know how hard it plays in Lynx due to bomb delay and tanks not getting stuck but I guess I would be pretty much the same.

119. Reverse Valley- This was really fun to figure out. The first section is what I focused on the most, cause you have to be really careful on which trap buttons correspond to which tank. Personally, I liked the 2nd half a lot more since it was a little more forgiving. Like I said before about "Map the Path" puzzles, or in this case "In the Pink" they're easy to mess up on especially when they are in spacious settings. But all in all, very entertaining level.

120. Detonation Delineation- Extremely legit navigation puzzle, I would certainly vote for this in an official set one day.

Again, very awesome update and looking forward to see what you've got for the remainder of the set.

Most Favorite- Bento Box (116) and Detonation Delineation (120)

Least Favorite- Light the Fuse (115)
Thanks again for the continued feedback, you two! I've updated the set to version 0.9.0, with 130 levels and the following changes made:

<ul style="background-color:#ffffff; color:#353c41; font-size:14px; text-align:start">
[*]
Added 10 new levels.

[*]
Glacier Climbing: changed title to "Arctic Ascent."

[*]
Canyon of Lost Color: made block turnaround adjacent to ice room a bit easier.

[*]
Hazy Cosmic Jive: enclosed hint and required ice skates to find it; removed one recessed wall not part of original layout.

[*]
Urban Ecology: removed part of linear structure.

</ul>

CC Zone attachment: /files/file/665-walls-of-cclp1/?do=download&r=11482">Walls of CCLP1
Feedback Time! Slight smile This was a fantastic update JB. Most of it was relatively simple and pretty much the levels in the update were fun to play. Thumbs up

121. Tetromino Troves- Great key maze type of level. I really like Tetris.

122. Crumbled Cavern- Initially this level had a strange feeling. For instance the paramecium on (9,14) along with a bunch of other things too. Nevertheless, the level presented elements of the "when in doubt, go without" concept. Considerably easy level to me.

123. Scrap Heap Scraper- Very legit mini puzzle. I was puzzled quite a bit namely how on earth I was supposed to place a block onto the trap button. Once I figured it out, everything fell into place.

124. Turn of the Century- Very fun level to play with nice callbacks to CCLP2. Nice arbitrary cluster on monsters below the blue walls on the lower right.

125. Research and Destroy- The level presented a bunch of legit puzzles that required a bunch of button presses. It was good but it was pretty much just button pressing and that was pretty much it along with planning ahead.

126. Somewhere Along the Line- Pretty cool level, especially that beginning puzzle.

127. Last Bounce of Courage- Decent level based on the pink ball. The beginning "Mr. McCallahan Presents" dodging and the trap button sections were something.

128. Red, Black and Blue- Legit glider directional puzzle. Also liked that "raining tank" mechanism at the start in reference to the cloning tank section in "Iron Sky" with the bombs.

129. Bramble Scramble- Easy chip collecting level with nice blue an green aesthetics.

130. The Most Interesting Block in the World- Interesting block is interesting and fun. Pretty neat puzzles with some references of Josh's button mechanisms The block slides and pushing the block from the FF's with suction boots could be a little nerve wracking. Very interesting level nonetheless.

This is a great update JB. Slight smile Now onto the grand update of the set, can't wait to see what you have brewing for the final draft. Getting there! Smiley

Most Favorite- The Most Interesting Block in the World (130)

Least Favorite- Research and Destroy (125)