How the passwords will work in my level sets/How many levels should I start off with when creating my first level pack?
If I ever make a CC levelset, the passwords will work differently that most other level packs due to the addition of numbers into the letters. They will still be 4 characters though.

So a password for one of my levels could be something like: POB4. This means that a password could also be just a 4 digit number.

Most of the passwords will be randomly generated, but a few of them could be specifically chosen for certain levels.

Also, how many levels should I start off with when creating a levelpack? I was planning to make one with 577 but I should save that one for a later set since that's too much
[Image: 45782.png]
Quote:Also, how many levels should I start off with when creating a levelpack?

That is entirely your choice. There's no rule stating a level pack has to have a certain amount of levels Slight smile Some people choose to have 149 levels in a level pack, in respect to the original game. Others prefer a smaller but even amount of levels (like 40 or 100).

Welcome to CCZone, by the way!
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
I'll probably start off small, with 40 levels, then continue on with practicing level creation until I can make my 577 level pack.

I went with 577 because there's another game with 577 levels called Cosmic Bugs
Good luck with creating levels! If you need any pointers, feel free to ask Slight smile
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I also suggest going with a smaller level pack to start. You get more feedback for your future levels. I'd start by releasing something you've made in a month or two, be it 10 or 100 levels or something in between. Then you can either add new levels in small doses to that set, or wait until you have a similar batch ready to release as a separate set. Don't feel the pressure to release every level you make, but rather have some self-censorship. Keeping in mind how someone else will feel when playing your levels will go a long way, and if you come up with some cool puzzles along the way, that is a big plus.

P.S. I like to choose passwords for pretty much every level I make. You can use numbers in yours if you want, and maybe some form of that could even be your calling card / signature to identify levels you make?
http://dave-reed.com/randSeq.html

To generate a password with letters and numbers I will use this.

Example passwords using my system: XAXH 7CLM 3VWW QUDO 2U3Y MIQ2 UW2E 9LIH IKY7 WS8S 7154 Z4W8 KMMX JBB4 C67W

In my 577 pack, the final level will be the only one with a 5 character password, everything else will be 4.

Since I use a 64 bit Windows, to test my levels in MSCC, I will run it in a DOSBox 3.1 emulator. I don't really like the look of Tile World and its lack of green digital counters.
Quote:Keeping in mind how someone else will feel when playing your levels will go a long way

I try to do this. It never works. People always take issue with the last things i'd consider to be problematic design- or gameplay-wise.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
I agree with that as well. It doesn't work for me well either.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

I don't make many levels, so my design advice is pretty much throwing mud on a wall hoping some of it will turn out alright Slight smile