You can't attach a file to a private message?
What's up with that? What if I want to give a file to someone?

That's a major inconvenience.
It's Jan A from the early Chip days. I've been collecting user level sets since 1999, and am happy to share from my collection. Let me know what you're looking for.
Most use Skype as a means to send files, but if you want to do so here the best option is to upload the file you want to send to some file sharing site (like Dropbox, which is what I personally use) or a file uploading site (like Mediafire), copy a download or sharing link to that file after uploading, then send the link to whoever you want to send the file to. Slight smile
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Thanks, Flareon, I just asked him for his email and sent it that way. But I'm really surprised that a site as robust as this one doesn't have that common feature.
It's Jan A from the early Chip days. I've been collecting user level sets since 1999, and am happy to share from my collection. Let me know what you're looking for.
It is possible to attach files to private messages technically, but it has been disallowed for users. This is most likely so that it doesn't eat up the site's limited monthly bandwidth and so that people won't come here to share questionable content that could get out of hand pretty quickly. The site's main goal is to provide a place for chipsters to connect through discussions and some of these extra features are available just as bonuses. Hopefully you will be able to share your files using some alternate method. Slight smile
Sorry, Miika, just seeing this response now. But that was very nice. Thanks to you and Josh for helping me understand. :-)