Acropolis Pack - Discussion
This is the official discussion thread for CCLP4 voting's Acropolis Pack. Feel free to share your thoughts, opinions, and comments on the levels here!
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Here is my review of this set.

Acropolis review:
1. As Two Paths Become One.
I loved this level! Beyond the (unintentional?) Spice Girls reference, it's just a good CC level. Fairly easy (I gave it a 2), but nicely combining basic CC concepts with an interesting twist. And exit under a block is still fun, if not clever any more. 5
2. Twin Pines Mall.
It's difficult to follow a level I really liked, but I've played this level before and never really ?liked it. I've just seen so many Pigeon-Holes-style levels, and this one isn't as good as others. Sorry. 2
3. The Fourth Dimension.
Here is the first case where my ?initial impression was wrong. I got frustrated with mty fingers and blew by this level the first time, giving it a 3. It's actually rather clever and a good little maze. I'll be updating my scores on this one. 4
4. Triplicate
Excellent use of thin walls. Nice use of the number 3 throughout. Reasonable and interesting to solve. 5
5. Frozen Pipelines
I.C.You meets Kinetic Aesthetic. How can I argue with that? 5
6. Divinding
I swear I did not AUTOMATICALLY assume the author of this level and grade accordingly. HOWEVER, this is a terrible level. 1
7. Milliardaire
A weird little level that feels suspiciously like a Treasury Hunt creation. Nothing terrible but nothing redeeming. 3
8. Running for the Toggle Switch
I'll admit I can't quite solve this one -- it looks straightforward enough, but if the title is to be believed, I cannot execute the solution. And I don't see any other solution. 4
9. Serving Fast Food
Too hard to execute, too easy to die. Concept isn't bad but just too frustrating. 2
10. Old Fashion
Well, it is an old-fashioned maze, all right. And well executed. 4
11. Conveyor Craze
An interesting take of ROAD SIGN on crack. A wee bit frustrating, but that's okay. 4
12. Tropical Paradise
A fun little jaunt. 4
13. Traffic Control
Not completely clear on how to complete this. Seems ok. 3
14. The Crossing of the Styx
A little tricky to not kill the teeth, or letting it kill me. An interesting challenge. 4
15. Don't Stop
A little twist on BEWARE OF BUG. You read the hint you probably die the first time, but once you get it it's easy. 3
16. Comparing
Not exactly sure WHAT I'm comparing, or if this was designed by the King of Ing, but it's okay. A little too much "move or die" for me. 3
17. Panic Pushing
OK, I have a really strong dislike of levels with a Joyride in them. That put me off right away. There's no way to go back and recover on this level. Not a horrific level, but not exactly a fun one. 2
18. Riding
The worst of both worlds. A ridiculous Joyride and a level ending in Ing. Oh, and just to make things MORE awful, and really stupid time limit. 1
19. Exconnunicated
Oh what a relief after the previous level! I've played this particular level many times before and it continues to be a delight. I don't know if Tyler invented the block removal device at the start but this is the first place I ever saw it. Excellent. 5
20. Exchangement Palace
Not sure "exchangement" is a word, but I don't "sustainment" is either and they use it in my industry. At least there are no "masonary columes" to worry about. This is a fairly standard swapping and maze level. 3
21. Pursued by Shadows
Took me a while to get the hang of this one, but I give it merit for being interesting. If it makes it in it'll take me a long time to complete because I just don't have the dexterity any more. 4
22. Cool Box
Pretty Cool! Also a pretty ?interesting puzzle with some fun red herrings. 5
23. The Boss
I hated this level the first two times I played it. Still do. Stupid teeth. 1
24. Molasses and Black Marker
An interesting game, Professor. The only winning move is not to play. But I played anyway and I'm intrigued. 5
25. Closed Track
I thought this was going to be another of those stupid "don't use up too many popup walls" levels, but surprisingly it isn't. It's a much more interesting little puzzle. 4
26. Honor Among Thieves
A clone of Thief, You've Taken All That Was Me this is not. But it is fun. 5
27. Union
Well the hint is quite clear. If I could just execute it! Nicely done. 5
28. Minor Infection
I found this one to be initially quite anooying, but it got a bit better. 3
29. Thinner
Ah, the keytrade level. Not bad. 4
30. Who Ate My Blue Key
Nice. Challenging but interesting. 5
31. Better Safe Than...
I liked this one. Nice little puzzle -- not too complex but interesting. 5
32. Chocolate Covered Chocolate
Well, I like the title. And most of the rest of it. Just didn't put me over the top. 4
33. Sequence 2
It appears that this is actually impossible in Lynx. 1
34. Forest Guarian's Maze
Change the title to Gate Guardian's Maze and I'll give it a 5. Meanwhile, it's pretty good. 4
35. Ball in an Awkward Place
Love the title! Also love the level. So fun. 5
36. Incisive Paragon
If Memory serves, there have been many such levels in the past. This one is another one. 3
37. Slacker
Yes I am; thanks for noticing! Pretty interesting. 4
38. Sokomaze
So basically an Oracle level with bits of Warehouse and bombs. Cool. 5
39. Galaxies
Oh the bouncing! Not a bad design but I'm not shouting either. 4
40. Overload
Nice to see a walker level that's actually fun! 5
41. Keys to the Kingdom
A fun combination of ideas. 4
42. Rew
Totally designed to make me angry. 1
43. So Close...
Well that was fun. 5
44. Impulse
A clever level layout. 4
45. In the Line of Fire
Not really sure what to do here, but really annoyed. 2
46. Keyrithmetic
Well there's key swaping. 3
47. Silicon Mine
Silicon Yours. Can't we all just get along? 4
48. Reflecting
Don't exactly LIKE this level, but it's pretty well done. 4
49. Twilight Harbor
Feels suspiciously like that level with the unpronouncable name. 4
50 R.A.I.D. Array
RAID never lived up to its hype. Neither did this level. 2
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
#7 Milliardaire: I'll say what I said about this level for CCLP1 voting: this is a great exploration-themed level that is robbed of all charm by its time limit. If it had a much greater time limit or none at all, it would be perfect! Please vote for this level with the mindset that the time limit will be changed, like I did. Star Star Star Star Star ! Slight smile
~Bowman