Mobi's Challenge
At last! Here it is! A 166 level beginner friendly CC2 level pack. It was too large for the downloads section here;

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4isgsydtzj...llenge.zip

The game begins with lesson levels and scatters them through-out. I tried to make use of every game element at least once. I focused on trying to make relatively original concepts and left out levels that felt too repetitive of the kind which have been made for CC1 already.

I will release a rejects pack soon which contains about 30 levels I left out for various reasons.

Some of the ideas were co-created, borrowing ideas from other people or are adaptations. Most of the small sokoban levels were adapted from another game called “Enigma” which is an emulation of an older game called Oxyd. The authors mentioned originally designed those puzzles in that game.

On a whole this pack should not be overly difficult-- I designed it to be beginner friendly and intentionally dialed back the difficulty several times in places where I thought it wasn’t really too hard but might be for a beginner.

Of course; any feedback is very much appreciated. If you have any problems please let me know.

Thanks to Joshua Bone and -H- for playtesting my demo pack and feedback.

I’ll be taking a break from this game, but I hope to eventually make more levels, perhaps another large [probably not quite as large as this] level pack in the future.

Level Notes/Hints: [spoilerS]

[i may improve these hints and cover more of my pack when I get time.]

Kaleidoscope:

there’s a bonus hidden in this level.

Entrapment:

All bonuses are most likely possible but I have not tested how difficult they are.

Follow you, follow me

The enemies are not needed to do anything other than to reveal the path. If you don’t keep up with them, the level’s not over, but it will be harder. The glider doesn’t die and will keep circling around. Look around for bonuses.

Bob the Blob:

A simple concept but this level can be very challenging if you don’t know the trick which makes it much easier. There are a few extra chips

Window of Opportunity:

There’s no guesswork here as to which side of the teleports you need to enter; a little careful observation will do the trick. The numbers indicate which teleports are next. The clue refers to an obscure quote from a prank phone call on a website probably nobody’s ever heard of.

Backwards Logic:

No trial and error is necessary here; there is a pattern to follow. The title is a hint.

The Butterfly Effect:

There are five chips and all can only be gotten once the bombs guarding each one are blown up. To do that; send the five monsters into the maze. The trick is they must be sent in a proper order or they all won’t reach a bomb.

Motion Sickness:

Not really a dodging level; but a maze with walls made out of enemies! If you make it through quickly you’ll get a bonus.

God of War:

I'm not sure what kind of hints to put on this level so I'd like to especially know people think it needs any/what they should say. This is a level where you must experiment and look around. Once you know what each button does there's a simple puzzle with juggling the blocks around.

This level was adapted from a puzzle in a point and click adventure game "Journeyman Project 2, Buried in Time" with basically the same setup.

Thanks to Joshua Bone for the help on the timer mechanism.

Do the Wrong Thing:

This level is full of red herrings. Study everything closely and you’ll find a lot of things in the level are pointless, and what you really need to do.

Chip’s lament

This level has multiple solutions [and multiple exits] There’s a hidden bonus.

Barricade:

Originally this was Inspired by a “survival competition” on CCZone but it changed drastically since then.

Meditation:

Each button makes a different set of doors open or close. This is a simple logic puzzle where you determine a combination of buttons to press to open all the doors.

The way I would solve this level is first write down what each button does, numbering or lettering each button and door. This makes it much easier to see what the buttons do and find the right buttons to press. There may be more than one solution. There is a combination of buttons to press, they can be pressed in any order.

Push the button Max:

Hidden bonus on this level. Title refers to a quote from the movie “The Great Race”.

Clue:

This level is a lot simpler than it looks. Yes, you are justified in wanting to smack me for it.

Originally I was going to call this level “Only in the footsteps of God” and base it off of a famous scene from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, but being a pop culture reference it would’ve been slightly unfair. This way, it is solvable without any prior knowledge. [This idea, in turn, was inspired by a similar idea on another game by Dodochacalo]

Glass Maze
The level is an adaptation from a puzzle in the game RHEM2. You can totally ignore the canopies unless you want the bonus, they serve no purpose in getting to the chips or exit; there's no "trickery" in this level.

Oblique Strategy:

There are many ways to solve this level. What you need to do is set up a situation similar to Ortoo Geld, having the gliders press the green buttons but in this case; a green button must be pressed on every move; in other words, imagine chip walking down a path lined with green buttons. The same effect needs to be replicated.

From the Brink

This level has multiple solutions

Ice Follies:

It’s like Ice Death, except with no random guessing or death. Like the hint says; the solution is right in front of you. The level literally tells you exactly where to go, you just have to decode it first, which after a little experimentation should not be too difficult.

Drawing of the Seven

This level is the one, by far, I spent the most time on.

The puzzle is to press every button only once, and using the clues from the flame jet room and the letter room you must decipher the order in which to do this. A random sequence is generated each time you play so there is no universal solution to this level. This is also an adaptation from another puzzle in RHEM2, one of my favorite puzzles in that series originaly called the “light barrier puzzle”.
The title gives a clue to the puzzle.

The hardest part of designing this was figuring out how to generate a random pattern each time. If you've solved it [or looked in the editor] you'll see the level is huge 63x80 [90% of it is the mechanism while about 10-20% is the play area]
thanks to random8 for a little help. I got a lot of inspiration from the level "Simon" in Tsa1. I wanted to design it such that you could generate a sequence; try and if you failed, try again, multiple times in the same play, but working out a mechanism to reset the sequence proved too difficult and I decided to go with making it so you must restart the level to try again.

Patience Puzzle:

This is based on the classic “6 Linked Rings puzzle” which is most commonly in the form of metal rings attached to a loop or shuttle. I discovered this from “Tavern Puzzles” but many other versions exist. It’s supposedly of ancient Chinese origin.

-This is not a standard sokoban level. The puzzle here is discovering the correct sequence to remove all the blocks [and put them all back if you want the bonus]. There are about 43 steps in total.

-Number each block from left to right. Each button holds open the door ahead of it. On top of this, to remove blocks 3,4,5 and 6, all other blocks before it besides the one IMMEDIATLY before it must be removed.

-The first block can be removed at any time. To remove the second block, the first must be in. To remove the third, the second must be in but the first must be out. To remove the fourth block, the third must be in, and the first and second must be out, so on and so forth.

-There are no other tricks, but it can be tough to keep track of where you are in the process. A lot of times you may feel like you’re making negative progress when you’re not.

-To get the bonus, after removing all the blocks and opening the green door, simply put them all back, doing all the same steps but in reverse.

Chip and Melinda’s Excellent Adventure:

The bonus mechanism has not been expertly tested; please let me know if the timing on the door is too tight (or too loose).
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
as promised; the set of 33 reject levels from this pack:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7276...ejects.zip

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
You'll be pleased to know that both rejects levels that you weren't sure if they were solvable are, in fact, solvable. The first is the same puzzle as J.B.'s "The Right Side" and the second I hadn't seen before, but was pretty clever. (yay adapting sokobans)

As for the non-rejects stuff? I'm about a third of the way through and it's been pretty fun stuff so far. More detailed feedback when I finish everything probably.

edit: Clean Up On Asile Five is busted: you only need to clear the top row of slime as you can walk through the green walls at the top to reach the exit (and there's a typo in the title, too)

double edit: The Prometheus Deception seems to be busted as well- unless dropping the suction boots to deflect a fireball into the bomb guarding the exit is the intended solution! (time: 295/300) While I'm editing, Tanktris was quite frustrating since getting more than 8 "lines" cooks the level... I got 9 twice in a row. Easily fixed by adding a row of water at the bottom to drown extra lines- or maybe extra bombs for a bonus? Tongue
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:You'll be pleased to know that both rejects levels that you weren't sure if they were solvable are, in fact, solvable. The first is the same puzzle as J.B.'s "The Right Side" and the second I hadn't seen before, but was pretty clever. (yay adapting sokobans)

As for the non-rejects stuff? I'm about a third of the way through and it's been pretty fun stuff so far. More detailed feedback when I finish everything probably.

edit: Clean Up On Asile Five is busted: you only need to clear the top row of slime as you can walk through the green walls at the top to reach the exit (and there's a typo in the title, too)

double edit: The Prometheus Deception seems to be busted as well- unless dropping the suction boots to deflect a fireball into the bomb guarding the exit is the intended solution! (time: 295/300) While I'm editing, Tanktris was quite frustrating since getting more than 8 "lines" cooks the level... I got 9 twice in a row. Easily fixed by adding a row of water at the bottom to drown extra lines- or maybe extra bombs for a bonus? Tongue

thanks for the feedback!

Doh! Clean up.. is a stupid bust. I should've seen that one. Luckily I know exactly how to fix it.

I'll see what I can do for the others.I don't know how I didn't see that on Tanktris. Confused

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
update with fixes discovered by IHNN;

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7276...engev2.zip

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
Since Dropbox changed their policy last month I lost every drop box link I ever had. I've had to move my stuff; so here is a new (possibly temporary) link on mediafire for my pack; mobi's challenge. I haven't made any new updates since last I'm afraid, but I hope to get back into level creation soon. I still need to test some things, especially some bonus flags.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4isgsydtzj...llenge.zip

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
I had a lot of fun playing through the set, there are a lot of great concepts and ideas in a lot of levels, and like the changes you made to the first test version, e.g. in backwards,... Thumbs up

Since I read your comment on youtube regarding this set and improving it further, if my memory serves correctly, the difficulty wasn't that high, so probably I would suggest the opposite - making the levels more difficult puzzle wise - but seeing Joshua enjoining the really easy stuff, probably that's just me and the levels are fine as they are. (there are some melee sections at the end of levels (or you just have to pass through them again), which could be changed, or melee levels I might have skipped Rolling eyes, and of cause you can always ask things like, is the ghost passing through the floor mimic section in babylon really necessary, but here it might be worse that you can''t see the top row with chip or the hidden information at the start, but of cause there are always a lot of details in each level,...)

If you are in the process of reworking some levels, a several more levels (probably around 20 or so in the initial 166 level release, so perhaps most are fixed allready) felt busted, e.g. in desolation row you clear the slime and exit,... so paying attention in this regard might be a good idea.

There are some levels which have really cool concepts, but imo loose something by just repeating the same part to many times, like modus operandi or (for some reason I can't find the level at the moment, and I don't know what it was called) the one with toggle walls and traps/tanks, and I think either fire boxes or ships to redirect, a really cool idea, but it felt like there was no reason to repeat more or less the same puzzle four times, or parience puzzle - are six blocks really necessary - but perhaps I'm just to impatient... Tongue

Sometimes small changes could improve the playing experience a lot, e.g. in lazar (really cool level btw Sunglasses ) using ships instead of fire boxes, to see clearly where they are pointing to, or in chip's and melindas excellent adventure the cloning machine, if you assume (and it is just a fifty-fifty chance) that it clones in the other direction and it is your last chip - replay everything, a thin wall or slight change of position of either the clone machine or the entrance in the room would make the playing experience way better especially since the rest of the level is really well designed (perhaps I should note, that you can get two time bombs out the related section, and have fun with them in other areas, even though it doesn't feel intended, it might be, as you used steel walls for the exit section...) and fun to play...
thank you! I will look at your comments in detail as I make updates. I've already begun and am noticing a ton of very silly mistakes.

I plan to make at least a handful of new levels too.

I'm surprised nobody mention that "synergy" seemed to be unsolvable; but I might have accidentally changed the level on my version only.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
synergy (the version from 21.06.2016) felt busted, but not unsolvable, just take the flippers, and always drop them in the water tile at the exit at the start for the next chip Slight smile

Quote:I plan to make at least a handful of new levels too.
That's great to hear, I'm sure I'll enjoy playing them Sunglasses
after being away for a very long time I feel like playing CC2 again, so I may be updating this pack (and/or making a new one). And of course playing other people's Smiley

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski