CCLP4 Voting Has Begun!
Greetings, fellow Chipsters!

It's now July 15th, and that means CCLP4 voting has officially begun! As with CCLP3, voting is being hosted at pieguy's site. (Many thanks to pieguy for his contributions!) Head on over to the main voting page to download the voting packs and cast your votes.

About Voting:

- As with CCLP1 voting, the pool of eligible levels has been broken down into individual, randomly selected packs of 50 levels each. These packs, with download links, are listed on the main voting page. We are releasing 4 packs to start. An additional pack will be released each time a previously released pack receives at least 5 votes from different members on each level, as tracked by the "Minimum Votes" column on the main voting page. So the more you vote, the sooner everyone will have access to more levels!

- You will need to have an account and be signed in to it to access the voting pages for individual packs. A login prompt will appear if you attempt to visit a voting page without signing in. Alternatively you can sign in or create an account here.

- On the voting page for each pack, you will see a list of the levels in the pack, with a column for a "Fun" rating and a column for a "Difficulty" rating. The "Fun" rating for each level is the important one: it represents how strongly you feel that the level should be in CCLP4. The "Difficulty" rating is optional, but we encourage you to provide one, as it will be helpful in determining the order of the finished set.

- Important: When you're done, don't forget to save your votes by clicking the "Submit Ratings" button at the bottom of the page! You can also come back later to edit and resubmit your votes.

- Things like problematic time limits and level titles will be changed as needed in the final set. Please overlook any such issues during voting, and rate the level as though they were already fixed.

- We've hopefully caught all the busts in the submitted levels, but there's always a chance something slipped by us. If you find a bust in a level that's in voting, please report it to us and rate the level as though the bust was fixed. Then if the level is chosen for CCLP4, we will seek to work with the designer to fix the bust.

Note that while voting is ongoing, you can still nominate levels to appear in later voting packs. The deadlines for finishing nominating and voting have not yet been determined. When they have, this announcement will be updated with the info.

That's about it. Let's get voting and make this the most awesome CCLP ever!

- The Architect (CCLP4 Staff)
No voting seems to be possible - just get a unknown login error Flushed
Quote:No voting seems to be possible - just get a unknown login error Flushed
Have you registered for the site? That's a requirement to be able to vote.
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Yes, and the login worked fine last week Slight smile

however not anymore today Slight frown

And a completely different question, is there some structure to the four different packs, e.g. levels are grouped by certain types or difficulty or are they more or less completely random?
YES YES YES!!!

IT'S HERE THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!
CC is awesome!

CC2 sets (still being updated): C1059-CC2 --- Walls of CC2

CC1 sets (all complete): C1059-2 --- C1059-1 --- 1059PG01 --- C1059-Christmas --- C1059-INSANITY --- C1059-CCLP4

My Youtube channel --- Fiver's Honeycomb --- Fanfiction.net

Good posts don't cost too much, yet many go unwritten.
Quote:Yes, and the login worked fine last week Slight smile

however not anymore today Slight frown

And a completely different question, is there some structure to the four different packs, e.g. levels are grouped by certain types or difficulty or are they more or less completely random?
I'm not sure what the issue is, I have no problems getting to the voting pages.

Yes every pack of levels is completely random.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Created a new account, and with this it seems to work Slight smile
A few words:
  • pieguy has recently changed the pack release system to what we originally intended: there now should be four packs with fewer than 5 votes at any one time.
  • There is no need to rush through voting. You will still be able to vote for quite a while after the final pack is released.
  • CCLP4 is not intended for beginners like CCLP1 was, so don't hesitate to vote highly on levels you think are appropriate for someone who has played CCLP1 and other level packs and custom level sets.
  • The voting packs and their level orderings are random and not in any way reflective of what will appear in CCLP4.
You should probably be playing CC2LP1.

Or go to the Chip's Challenge Wiki.
This is all good news. I have a couple questions.

Who is able to view any and all votes? It seems we aren't allowed to talk too openly about our votes, so I would then prefer that even the staff wouldn't keep analyzing and perhaps commenting on the (individual) votes while they are coming in.

How will the votes be used? Is it just the average of scores or will other measures be also used to guide the level selection?

Oh, and I have a suggestion. I know the levels for voting packs are chosen randomly, but could some thought be put into the level ordering maybe? Some people will still play them in order and having a difficult or frustrating level at the very start (maybe even within the first five levels) can be much more annoying than having it towards the very end. I don't mean we need story lines and difficulty progression in the packs, but just some consideration for how it will feel to play through the pack in order. Does that make sense?
Quote:Who is able to view any and all votes? It seems we aren't allowed to talk too openly about our votes, so I would then prefer that even the staff wouldn't keep analyzing and perhaps commenting on the (individual) votes while they are coming in.

As of now, no one can view any votes. That is still be worked out. Votes can be talked about but we don't want the votes themselves mentioned. If votes are talked about, then a problem could potentially occur.

For the example, let's take the first level of the Waffle Pack, "Nitrous Combustion". Say one person gives it a fun rating of 5 and then reveals that vote to everyone publicly. Anyone that would be against that level would more likely give that same level a 1 in fun just because it was given a 5. Now who would do this I don't know but I think we can all agree that could be a possibly and we don't want that happening. It wouldn't be fair.

Not to mention, I don't recall that the votes during CCLP1 could have been talked about openly either. Why is this any different?

Quote:How will the votes be used? Is it just the average of scores or will other measures be also used to guide the level selection?

We have not thoroughly discussed this in our staff chat so we can't answer that at the moment. Maybe when voting is further along we will figure it out.

However, regarding the difficulty ratings, those are completely optional. If enough people voted through the difficulty of each level in voting, we can use those votes to determine a steady difficulty curve for the final set.

Quote:Oh, and I have a suggestion. I know the levels for voting packs are chosen randomly, but could some thought be put into the level ordering maybe? Some people will still play them in order and having a difficult or frustrating level at the very start (maybe even within the first five levels) can be much more annoying than having it towards the very end. I don't mean we need story lines and difficulty progression in the packs, but just some consideration for how it will feel to play through the pack in order. Does that make sense?

I'm afraid to say you're suggesting something that really doesn't need to be done. Slight smile I personally don't think the level ordering in the packs matter because it's exactly the same way as it was done with the CCLP1 voting packs. And I do not recall anyone complaining about this at that time, so again why is this any different? These packs are not meant to be played in order because they are just voting packs and not an actual constructed set to be played. If one wants to play them in order, they can but it is not required nor recommended. We encourage all voters to skip around the levels in each pack and play the levels at their own steady pace.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects