CC2 glitch discussion
I thought we need a place to discuss/confirm/investigate bugs here on the forum. Since I don't like just adding things to the public buglist unless I'm sure what's going on. And the other topic I made was to ask a question but it sort of turned into discussion, these topics could be merged if that's better. This title should be used though for a glitch discussion rather than "bug in editor?"

Also, I was thinking of making some kind of help file/manual for the game to explain some of the lesser known stuff for beginners and everyone. Since there are so many facets to learn.

Anyways; I've been doing a lot of tinkering lately and discovering odd things, here's one but I think this might be intended [although odd] behavior considering it's utilized in a level from CC2 rejects; "centipede"

when a rover is on train track and collecting bowling balls:

-facing left or right, it will drop the bowling balls as still items.

-facing up, it will drop them rolling like chip would and kill itself

-facing down: it will drop them rolling, but going UP away from the rover, in the opposite direction.
my CC2 sets: Mobi's Challenge (166 levels)
Walls of CCLP2 (V2) presently: ~50 levels

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakwin Rinzai

"Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man"
-'The Dude' Lebowski
just discovered another interesting one I added to the public list:

-If chip is standing on a turtle and releases a bowling ball, the turtle sinks and chip disappears, but will reappear when you try to move. If however you remain on the water tile while invisible and press the drop button the game will crash

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
this one can be seen in my own level "Cubicles"

-when a blue or yellow tank get cloned, if a (either) tank button has been pressed previously at all; a blue tank will cloned but immediately reverse direction and go up against the clone machine. A Yellow tank will move 1 space in whatever direction was pressed last. I'd like to test this one a little more before putting it on the public list

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
I thought that was intended behavior, so i never reported it myself. I guess it's worth adding to the list though.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
it's possible although I can't see what benefits that would have as intended behavior; right now it's only made problems for me.

Here's another oddity I noticed a while ago:

when blobs and rovers are on ice or force floors [without any boots] they move faster but not as fast as everything else. Which means chip and other enemies can catch up to them. I would assume this is a glitch because other enemies which move slower ordinarily like teeth and floor mimics do not follow this rule.

-Hakwin Rinzai

-'The Dude' Lebowski
Blobs slide slower than other creatures in CC1 Lynx, as well. Since rovers are slower at movement than even blobs, I'd assume that's a quirk but still working as intended.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Rovers and blobs have the same speed.

Teeth and floor mimics aren't actually slower. They just take a break after every move.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
In the 25th level, TRIATHLON, you cannot access the green portal while holding the green key, which sucks cause the level is unbeatable now.
Quote:In the 25th level, TRIATHLON, you cannot access the green portal while holding the green key, which sucks cause the level is unbeatable now.
That's actually intended behavior- the "no green key" tile results in blocking the upper teleport completely, which in turn removes it from the green teleport network. As a result, there's nowhere to teleport to from the lower teleport, so it doesn't work.

Though, the green key/door combo probably should have been yellow.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:That's actually intended behavior- the "no green key" tile results in blocking the upper teleport completely, which in turn removes it from the green teleport network. As a result, there's nowhere to teleport to from the lower teleport, so it doesn't work.

Though, the green key/door combo probably should have been yellow.
I feel dumb lol. That's for clearing it up.