CC2 is picky about tilesets (fixing "Save BMP" in editor with custom tilesets)
So I was watching Flareon's LP of TSAlpha and he mentioned how he stopped using the MSCC tileset because images exported from the editor came out wrong.
From making my own tileset and playing around with the MSCC tileset that's in the download section I've figured out how to fix tilesets when the "Save BMP" doesn't work properly.

Here's what an image exported using the MSCC tileset from the downloads section looks like

[Click to Show Content]

The reason it looks all corrupted like that is that CC2 makes a lot of assumptions about the bmp file that the tileset is saved in, one assumption is that it's a palleted 8-bit bmp, this one is 32-bit.
Changing it to a palleted bmp in GIMP (and exporting without color space information) and then using "Save BMP" with it gives this:

[Click to Show Content]

Almost fixed but it's not showing the right tiles at all
This is because the header for the bmp file isn't the size CC2 is expecting.
I don't know why CC2 assumes this header size, but I do know a quick way to fix it. We simply open the 8-bit bmp in MS paint and save it again.
And voila:

[Click to Show Content]

Instructions for fixing a tileset:
First make sure the image is an 8-bit bmp (use photoshop or GIMP to convert it, also make sure the background green color is the exact same color value (76, 206, 105) or #4CCE69 after converting to 8-bit or it wont work as transparency).
Then open and save it from MS Paint (this works with the paint version from XP and Windows 7, IDK about other versions)
My MSCC tileset: Felix Challenge My CC2 tileset

[Image: nlaNSog.png] [Image: wldHYRt.png]
This is awesome information. Thanks for this Slight smile now I can go back to the MSCC tileset with no problems! Thumbs up
CC1
JoshL1 / JoshL2 / JoshL3 / JoshL4 / JoshL5 / JoshL6 / JoshL7 / WoCCLP3 / ???
JCCLP1 / JCCLP2 / JCCLP3 / JoshL0
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

Total: Too many but presumably over 1400

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

Total: 75+

Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon Flareon
Quote:Instructions for fixing a tileset:

First make sure the image is an 8-bit bmp (use photoshop or GIMP to convert it, also make sure the background green color is the exact same color value (76, 206, 105) or #4CCE69 after converting to 8-bit or it wont work as transparency).

Then open and save it from MS Paint (this works with the paint version from XP and Windows 7, IDK about other versions)

I am running windows 10 and I cannot download GIMP due to the downloaded program being corrupted according to the many times I've tried doing so. I also have no safe way to download Photoshop and don't want to risk my laptop just to convert an image file.

Do you think you or someone who has access to these programs can fix the MSCC tileset and re-upload it here for me as well as anyone else who wishes to use it? it'd be greatly appreciated.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BysYsd...UJQYmtYYmc
There's the one I fixed (hit the download button at the top of the page)

BTW are you trying to download GIMP from somewhere other than gimp.org (that's the only place with official downloads)
My MSCC tileset: Felix Challenge My CC2 tileset

[Image: nlaNSog.png] [Image: wldHYRt.png]
Thanks!

No, I was trying to download GIMP on the gimp website. Every time I downloaded it, I couldn't install it because it would pop up that it's corrupted.
CC1
JoshL / JCCLPRejects

CC2
Flareon1 / Flareon2
FlareonRejects