December 2015 Create Competition - First Impressions
Do you like puzzles?

Do you like small levels?

Do you like memes in levels?

THEN YOU'LL LOVE MY NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN NEW LEVEL! Now with over 30% more tiles!*

It has rectangles! It has the spirit of Christmas! It works in both rulesets! And you definitely won't certainly never not say you don't not dislike it, because it's 100% pure puzzle! with added level themes

But wait, there's more! Get it when it's released and I'll throw in a BONUS LEVEL for FREE! That's right, FREE!!!!11!@ You don't even have to pay shipping or handling!

That's a $100 value for ONLY A FRACTION OF THE COST! the fraction being 0/100

Don't wait, because this is a limited-time offer.**

Coming soon to a CC Zone near you.

*Compared to a version of the level that uses less than 76% of the tiles used in the current version.

**Not really, I'm just trying to fit in as many clichés as a can.

_
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
I originally wanted to use a level or two I had already created, but I looked through and none had a Christmas theme. It seemed lazy anyway, so I decided against adapting a few for use and decided to create a couple. I didn't have any idea what to do until yesterday, but executing the design was much more difficult than I had conceived. One section of the first took about 2 hours to create, so I used a chalkboard to help me organize my ideas and speed up the process.

And then they were finished soon after.

My first level has you choose your adventure. It has a Christmas theme, it's not very hard, and it has a small time limit, so be quick!

My second level is small and based upon the Melee level theme. It also has a short time limit and a Christmas theme. It's more difficult than the previous level.
Queen
It's no longer 2015 where I live. I can hardly wait to obtain the results from this really interesting competition idea. Any idea when the levels will be uploaded to CCZone?
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Results!

One of my incentives to use this particular theme for a create competition was so I could record a video of how I judged the competition. Now that video is ready and you can view it below! However, it didn't turn out quite as I had planned it in my mind. The main issue was the length, and even after I edited out half of what I recorded, it is 47 minutes long. There are some production related ideas too that I didn't think of before recording, like when I finally rank the levels, I could have used something more visual. If you are ready to give it a shot, here it is:

So there you have it. And here you have a summary of the results if you watched that or very eager to know:

[Click to Show Content]

Congratulations to the winner! On your 17th time entering a competition here, including six previous create competitions (two of which were second place), you have won your first competition here on CC Zone! Well done and am already waiting for your next 17 submissions!

Congratulations also to Ihavenoname248 for winning the 2015 Chip Cup! With these points it is now official and certainly well-deserved. You did an amazing amount of work on Chip's Challenge last year, including reaching 500 MS bolds. Wow! Is there any way you can match that this year?

Also thanks to all the participants! These things would be very dull without you all. Special call out to KeyboardWielder, who becomes the first person to place in a (non-mini) create competition without making a level.

Since settling on the ranking, I have played and solved all the levels. Some of the rankings would change, but not too much. The levels are available in the downloads, updated to match the rankings. Am eager to hear any of your thoughts on the levels, and even feedback on the video. Have a fun 2016!

-Miika

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/531-%7B?%7D/
Quote:Congratulations also to Ihavenoname248 for winning the 2015 Chip Cup! With these points it is now official and certainly well-deserved. You did an amazing amount of work on Chip's Challenge last year, including reaching 500 MS bolds. Wow! Is there any way you can match that this year?
Thanks Smiley I had a lot of fun working on each of the competitions this year and J.B. was a formidable opponent to be running even with for most of the year. Once he missed a competition though it was mostly a foregone conclusion though...

I don't think I'll be matching the amount of work this year though, since I did go from ~400 to 500 in 2015 (0 to that point in 2014). I'd have to heavily work on Lynx and I think I'll be turning my primary focus to other games for the foreseeable future while cleaning up some initial MS scores. I'm definitely not leaving the community anytime soon though Tongue

As for the competition results- looks like I got done in by submitting first due to jitters on Connections and missing a minor detail of Diametric Opposition. Ah well, somewhat to be expected with the rules, I'm somewhat surprised I placed as highly as I did after seeing the first impressions!
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter