Differences between Atari Lynx and CC2 engines
On the Atari Lynx, Chip can begin moving onto a closed toggle wall the tick before it will open, while in TW Lynx and CC2 engine Chip must wait until the tick the wall opens.

Interestingly, this has the effect that a monster 1 tile away will kill Chip in TW/CC2 but not on the Atari version.

Code:
TOG###
GLE###
WAL###
^ <MO
CH NST
IP ER<
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
Quote:On the Atari Lynx, Chip can begin moving onto a closed toggle wall the tick before it will open, while in TW Lynx and CC2 engine Chip must wait until the tick the wall opens.

Is that TW1 or 2? My experience with TW2 says Chip always gets that early tick.
CCMiniLP, my CCLP1 submissions. Outdated, not recommended.
CCSignificantlyLargerLP, my CCLP4 submissions. More current than my main set.
Consistent Inconsistency (ongoing), my main CC1 custom set. (discussion)
RyanJ1.dat (ongoing), my main CC2 custom set. (discussion)
Mystery Project (unfinished) (previews)

YouTube | Twitch | Steam
I guess I was mistaken about Tile World-on looking slowed down, the tick was there.

I was correct about the CC2 engine waiting for the toggle wall to open, though.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
"And I just discovered something else: you can actually win instantly if you start on the exit!"

Well that breaks "Start at the End" - type levels, doesn't it?
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
It does. And that's a bit of a pickle. Normally I would roll out a fix for this entire class of bugs, but I hate to completely ruin the point of two (or more?) levels in CCLP1 by doing so.

These two levels could be fixed in Lynx just by moving Chip one square over, so that he starts out on the force floor in front of the object (key or exit), instead of on the object itself. But then that breaks the MS version of the level. So Chip would have to be moved two squares away. That's not ideal, but it's the best idea I've had so far. Any other ideas?
There are certainly ways to make them "start NEAR the exit" levels. I don't suppose you can place an exit beneath a pink toggle door and then set Chip on top of it?
"Bad news, bad news came to me where I sleep / Turn turn turn again" - Bob Dylan
Over the last several years in the CC community, "Lynx mode" has come to mean Tile World 1.3.0+'s emulation of the Lynx rules, and several levels (in CCLP3 and CCLP1 and CCLP2-lynx as well as in many custom sets) have been designed and played around it. Any of the remaining differences between the TW and original Atari implementations may be interesting, but fixing them has the potential to bust the levels or make them unsolvable or break TWS solutions and scores. So it seems to me that this would be more of an inconvenience to most people. I'd prefer to have all such changes go into "-pedantic" mode and leave the current TW Lynx rules unchanged.

- Madhav.
I can understand that point of view, but that certainly wasn't my goal when I set out to write Tile World. Right now, the stuff that is under "pedantic mode" are extensions to the original rules. Things like permitting arbitrary trap wirings or thin walls to the north are things that the original game couldn't do at all.
The end that I "think" we all want is an emulator that will do what CC2 now does on Steam, in case we ever lose Steam.

Keeping the existing MS, Lynx and Pedantic modes as-is seems completely reasonable, as you can then play any set in its intended mode.

Of course what I REALLY want is a version I can play on a hand-held (even if that means a PSP with Unix). I know playing on my phone (even my Windows phone) is just not realistic -- which makes me sad but is understandable.

If there were a way to make Tile World extensible that would be awesome, but I understand that's a horse of a completely different color. I also understand that adding CC2-items to TileWorld is a large undertaking...one that I don't have the time or understanding to manage.
Quote:

Of course what I REALLY want is a version I can play on a hand-held (even if that means a PSP with Unix). I know playing on my phone (even my Windows phone) is just not realistic -- which makes me sad but is understandable.
If you happen to have an Open Pandora handheld you can play it, but it's quite expensive and they just sold the last of the final production run earlier this year.

I quite like playing it on mine, (I recompiled TW 2 for it myself)
My MSCC tileset: Felix Challenge My CC2 tileset

[Image: nlaNSog.png] [Image: wldHYRt.png]