Joshua Bone's level design feedback thread thingy
Please use this thread to provide feedback on level playability, fun, difficulty, busts, etc. from any of my levels.

I'm particularly interested in hearing about my 28-level CC2 custom set based on the first 28 levels of CC1.

http://cczone.invisionzone.com/index.php?/files/file/466-jbonewocc/

Here's the designer notes:

01 HOARDER (based on LESSON ONE)

The concept is somewhat annoying at first, but makes an excellent lesson in inventory management. Getting the bonus just means planning ahead. Extra 1K bonus flag in bottom left corner.

02 PUSH AND PULL (based on LESSON TWO)

Again, the concept is annoying at first, but (as with FLEA MARKET) you start to get the hang of the hook after a bit.

03 ONE LESS'N BEFORE (based on LESSON THREE)

The trick here is a little tougher to duplicate than I'd like. The bonus is obtainable only by 'unfair' information.

04 THOUGHTFUL (based on LESSON FOUR)

I like the `set yourself up for success' theme here. I have NOT verified the bonus is obtainable on this one.

05 POOL OF THE ACCURSED (based on LESSON FIVE)

Keeping the blue teeth out of trouble on this one was so difficult that I had to give the player more options. The `surprise' in the lower room is unfair, but I like the concept.

06 SPIRIT PORTAL (based on LESSON SIX)

I'm really proud of this one. A tight little puzzle that fits perfectly into the walls of the original level. Very instructive on the ghost/yellow teleport interaction. Secret out-of-sight bonus available.

07 IF WALLS COULD SPEAK (based on LESSON SEVEN)

Neat concept made possible by the new thin walls.

08 SHE'S GOT A TICKET (based on LESSON EIGHT)

Simple RR level, more filler than anything, all trap routes should be visible in advance.

09 OL' STUNT BANDS (based on NUTS AND BOLTS)

Name is an anagram of course. Collection of unrelated concepts. I'm pretty happy with the whole northwest corner, particularly the creative one-way bouncing ball room (using a series of 12 x+20n repeaters) and the red teleport puzzle. Bonus puzzle looks more complex than it is.

10 PROBING ACTUALITY (based on BRUSHFIRE)

Easy and satisfying concept level in my opinion.

11 AROUND THE CORNER (based on TRINITY)

Another puzzle I'm really proud of. Spent several hours working on iterations of this. The walls of TRINITY make the upper right tank impossible to extract using the intended mechanism, hence the 2-chip requirement instead of 3-chip. However, you can get sneaky by quickly moving the yellow teleport while the tank is in the RR room and extract it that way for the full bonus.

12 HASHTAGS (based on HUNT)

Mostly a filler level. Not all bonus flags are currently achievable. Maybe someday I'll fix that portion.

13 GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY (based on SOUTHPOLE)

My personal favorite level of the set. All fire routes are marked, and thus the only threat to a careful player is the clock. But training (pardon the pun) my brain to think in these terms definitely took a while.

14 TELEBLAST (based on TELEBLOCK)

My second favorite level, and probably the hardest of the set. Thinking in terms of three yellow teleports is pretty challenging, plus the whole bomb placement thing. I got the complete player experience here by constructing a level and figuring it out without knowing in advance it was even possible. One secret bonus flag exists.

15 FORCE ANXIETY (based on ELEMENTARY)

Pretty straightforward concept level. I have noticed a game bug while playing that lets you re-enter a pop-up wall with the no-green-key sign, that might allow a minor bust.

16 CAREENING (based on CELLBLOCKED)

I think this one is easy and quite fun. Bonus is obtainable, but note that the hook can't pull a sliding block perpendicuarly away from a wall. My method is to push the block into the wall instead, that seems to stop it in place and then you can pull it.

17 DEADLY SMILE (based on NICE DAY)

Concept level based on rapid toggling. Basically requires you to collect some of the chips while travelling in 3-step, and others while traveling in 9-step. The hint explains which toggle walls are in sync with which green chips.

18 DUNGEON QUEST (based on CASTLE MOAT)

Untimed level with plenty of extra bowling balls. Playable to the patient player, but also extremely unforgiving. I *think* it's fun, but it can also be incredibly frustrating. I haven't verified the bonus on this but it should be obtainable.

19 ROVER SWAPPER (based on DIGDIRT)

Speed boots for both player and rover makes the experience much more enjoyable than it would have been otherwise. I think it's the most fun level in the set, and pretty easy. I think all the bonuses are obtainable but I haven't verified.

20 MISBEHAVIOR (based on TOSSED SALAD)

I was going to turn TOSSED SALAD into the ultimate yellow teleport level, but then the starting puzzle turned out to be so difficult that I cordoned off the area and decided I'd ask no more of the player. The rest of the level contains bonus flags and is accessible by the same secret mechanism as I put in TELEBLAST and SPIRIT PORTAL.

21 INTERNET FREEZE (based on ICEBERG)

Pretty straightforward maze using wired blue teleports. It's impossible to get stuck but there are two `one way' sections which could be confusing. Secret bonus flags exist.

22 EVER PASSING MOMENT (based on FORCED ENTRY)

Whew! This one took forever both to design and to record. I originally had double the number of monsters but it was too difficult for my taste. I have not verified the bonuses on this level. Getting them will interrupt the monster pattern and require the player to make it back alive across a room full of chaos.

23 REDEMPTION LEVEL (based on BLOBNET)

Purely a bonus level, although the mechanism by which you automatically win the level is pretty cool. I covered it with canopies in-game, but it relies on a possible bug that allows the game to clone semi-functional copies of the player. You can't switch to them, and in this level you'd never know they existed, but when that timer hits zero it releases one right into the exit.

24 AUTOMATIC MINING MACHINE (based on OORTO GELD)

The mechanism on this level is really fun. A single yellow teleport shoots bowling balls in whichever direction the player is facing, and must be moved around the level to collect all the chips. The level might feel slightly long but I think the concept is worth it.

25 CONSTANT COMPANION (based on BLINK)

Pretty easy filler concept level. Working with the doppelganger to get the bonus is pretty fun, as you get to push and pull a dirt block down tight passageways and around corners. It's practically impossible to get stuck or die except by running out of time.

26 PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (based on CHCHCHIPS)

Three concept puzzles, one involving bowling balls on railroad and two involving electricity. Not too difficult and I think the concepts are pretty cool.

27 DETECTIVE STORY (based on GO WITH THE FLOW)

I really want to hear your feedback on this level. Is it fair or unfair? Easy or difficult? Fun or frustrating? I'm having a hard time gauging what the experience would feel like to the casual player.

28 FACES IN THE MIRROR (based on PING PONG)

The yellow tank mirrors your every move! This was a tough one to construct because the player can desync the yellow tank by pressing on a wall and then moving away. So, I made all the walls deadly.
My CC1 custom levelset, JoshuaBoneLP.dat
My 'Walls of CC1' custom levelset for CC2, JBoneWOCC.zip, containing levels based on the first 28 levels of CC1.
My CC2 misfit levels, JBoneMisfits.zip, containing 4 levels that didn't fit anywhere else.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Public Apology: I'm very, very sorry about HAUNTED CASTLE, ANTARCTICA, and the endings on VENICE and THINKTANK.
Hi,

First I have to say, I really liked most of the levels, it is a great levelset Thumbs up

Secondly, if the replays are intended to work, none of the ones I tried out, seemed to show a solution of a level (either they are broken, or should not give any hints).

Quote:01 HOARDER (based on LESSON ONE)
The concept is somewhat annoying at first, but makes an excellent lesson in inventory management. Getting the bonus just means planning ahead. Extra 1K bonus flag in bottom left corner.

It is indeed somewhat annoying, especially for the first level in a level set. I personally would prefer it, if there would be removed four or more boots in the inner ring, which doesn't change the concept, but gives some air to breath.

Quote:02 PUSH AND PULL (based on LESSON TWO)
Again, the concept is annoying at first, but (as with FLEA MARKET) you start to get the hang of the hook after a bit.

I really liked and enjoyed this one Slight smile

And definitely way less annoying than the first one...

Quote:03 ONE LESS'N BEFORE (based on LESSON THREE)
The trick here is a little tougher to duplicate than I'd like. The bonus is obtainable only by 'unfair' information.

To be honest, Joshua Bone told me the solution/trick, I was lost before here. It's for some reason not working all the time, but this way it's a really nice level, however it would be even better if it would always work, but I guess, that's just part of the game Slight smile

Quote:04 THOUGHTFUL (based on LESSON FOUR)
I like the `set yourself up for success' theme here. I have NOT verified the bonus is obtainable on this one.

Probably there is a way to get the bugs cycling around in a nice way by interrupting them exactly at the right times, however I never got all together and as long as they are cycling around somewhat randomly this one is really tough.

Quote:05 POOL OF THE ACCURSED (based on LESSON FIVE)
Keeping the blue teeth out of trouble on this one was so difficult that I had to give the player more options. The `surprise' in the lower room is unfair, but I like the concept.

Again one where Joshua told me the solution, still the timing is quite tight. Realizing how it's done and pulling it of is really tricky, so definitely the most difficult levels in my opinion, albeit if you now how it's done, it's quite a fun one as well, and realizing it yourself, probably even more rewarding.

Quote:06 SPIRIT PORTAL (based on LESSON SIX)
I'm really proud of this one. A tight little puzzle that fits perfectly into the walls of the original level. Very instructive on the ghost/yellow teleport interaction. Secret out-of-sight bonus available.

A hard but nice one, took me quite some tries, and really like the principle Slight smile

Quote:07 IF WALLS COULD SPEAK (based on LESSON SEVEN)Neat concept made possible by the new thin walls.

A nice and fun level.

Quote:08 SHE'S GOT A TICKET (based on LESSON EIGHT)
Simple RR level, more filler than anything, all trap routes should be visible in advance.

In theory probably, but still got stuck in endless loops twice Rolling eyes A pretty nice level, not too long and not too hard.

Quote:09 OL' STUNT BANDS (based on NUTS AND BOLTS)

Name is an anagram of course. Collection of unrelated concepts. I'm pretty happy with the whole northwest corner, particularly the creative one-way bouncing ball room (using a series of 12 x+20n repeaters) and the red teleport puzzle. Bonus puzzle looks more complex than it is.

A great level, and a lot of fun.

Quote:10 PROBING ACTUALITY (based on BRUSHFIRE)

Easy and satisfying concept level in my opinion.

A nice concept and an easy fun level Slight smile
The second part of my review:

11 AROUND THE CORNER

I like the concept but you can mess up in a lot of ways, in most of the time there is no recover from it. If it would have been a bit shorter, it would have probably been even more fun.

12 HASHTAGS

A great idea and a nice level

13 GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY

Great concept, great level, a lot fun, and quite hard. My favorite level in this set Thumbs up

14 TELEBLAST

Definitely really hard, but a great idea. It took me a long time to figure everything out - it was a lot of trial and error involved. As well a top level.

15 FORCE ANXIETY

Four times getting the timing exactly right... At least you can do these paths first, however there are still enough ways to mess up later.

16 CAREENING

There is quite a bit sliding of blocks involved, and a without the helmet - oh why did it took me several tries to realize that there is one Raised eyebrow

17 DEADLY SMILE

Deadly, indeed it is. Getting the timing correct, many times in a row... Not my personal favorite, but a nice concept.

18 DUNGEON QUEST

An idea I really like. How often did I think while playing, if there would just be a little bit less monsters...

19 ROVER SWAPPER

I like the idea behind it, and fun to play. However there is as well a lot of waiting involved, the part which isn't the greatest for impatient players.

20 MISBEHAVIOR

Someone should have told the blue teeth to not destroy or pick up the yellow teleports... Oh yeah!

21 INTERNET FREEZE

Really liked this easy one. I really would have wished for 30 seconds more time - this way i failed the first try.

22 EVER PASSING MOMENT

There are definitely still more than enough monsters in the level. I think there will be a lot of people who like this way more than I did...

23 REDEMPTION LEVEL

I didn't know that semi-functional players are possible, so the first time I didn't trust the hint Fail Yet a really nice bonus level.

24 AUTOMATIC MINING MACHINE

Definitely a fun level and clever mechanic.

25 CONSTANT COMPANION

A nice concept and a fun level.

26 PROCESS IMPROVEMENT

I really liked the bowling balls on railroads - well, more time on ice than on tracks - even if not that hard, still took me some tries to find out what I was supposed to do.

27 DETECTIVE STORY

Edit: Now solved it, the obvious way was really misleading me, but once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable it seems, must be the solution to the great detective story.

28 FACES IN THE MIRROR

It's an easy fun level, really nice, and again a great idea.

Let's come to the summary of the levels by rating them on a scale from 1 to 5. 1 doesn't mean that I didn't like something, or something was extremely easy, I just set them into relation to each other (and just within this levelset), and since all levels in this set are really good, and a lot are pretty hard, some get a 1 in some categories, some a 5... This is really subjective and probably others will completely disagree... For each one how much I liked the concept ©, the difficulty of the puzzle / to find out what to do (D), how hard it was to execute the solution (E) and how much fun I had in the process / playing the level (F)

Code:
C D E F
01: 2 1 2 1
02: 4 3 2 4
03: 1 5 1 2
04: 1 2 4 2
05: 3 5 4 2
06: 5 4 3 3
07: 4 2 2 3
08: 2 1 1 3
09: 4 4 3 4
10: 4 1 1 4
11: 5 4 5 3
12: 4 2 3 3
13: 5 5 2 5
14: 5 5 2 4
15: 3 1 4 2
16: 3 1 3 4
17: 1 1 5 1
18: 3 1 4 4
19: 3 1 1 3
20: 2 3 5 2
21: 3 2 1 4
22: 1 2 5 1
23: 4 1 1 4
24: 5 1 2 5
25: 4 1 1 5
26: 5 3 2 5
27: 5 5 1 5
28: 5 2 1 5
Thanks a lot for the feedback! I already sent you a PM but I'll respond here too.

-SPOILERS-SPOILERS-SPOILERS-SPOILERS-SPOILERS-

01 HOARDER

Sorry you didn't enjoy it. I'd love to hear others weigh in on the concept. My own feeling is that it was fun to come up with a strategy for dropping un-useful boots out of the way. In each room I'd leave an item on each square including the element square and thus the center area starts to clear out by the end of the level.

04 THOUGHTFUL

The way I play this doesn't require any precise timing. My strategy involves sending maybe 4 bugs into the left side of the level and getting them to circle the two islands on that side, all the while blocking any new bugs that try to enter the area. Then I get the rest of the bugs to go into the lower room. The most important part here is ensuring none of them escape. Stand near the entrance to the room and get the bugs all together by blocking the NE corner of the passage around the big island with the tank cloner. You should be able to get them all circling the island, and then you're golden.

11 AROUND THE CORNER

I agree the learning curve is pretty unforgiving, but once the mechanic is understood isn't the solution rather methodical?

15 FORCE ANXIETY

I almost never make levels where you have to get the timing exactly right. On this one (as with FORCE PERIMETER) you can give yourself all the time in the world by backpedaling on the force floors while planning your next move.

17 DEADLY SMILE

Same idea as on 15, I would NEVER deliberately make a player suffer through that much precision grabbing. In this case the strategy is hinted at in the hint about the eyes being in sync with the chin, and the forehead with the smile. Running through the forehead will put you in a movement step that allows you to safely collect all the chips in the smile as long as you don't stop moving. Running through the chin will likewise do the same for the chips in the eyes. Thus it's actually a fairly easy level to execute, but maybe a little more of a puzzle than it seems.

19 ROVER SWAPPER

Yeah the waiting part is unfortunate, at least the rover has speed boots though, right? I wish there were more predictable monsters with inventories Unamused

20 MISBEHAVIOR

I really wish I could see your solution! While I had plenty of trouble with the teeth, I never had any issue with them picking up teleports the way I played it.

21 INTERNET FREEZE

I'll consider upping the time limit on the next release. It's not meant to be a time crunch Slight smile

27 DETECTIVE STORY

I really hope you keep working on this one! Right now, it sounds like you're on the wrong track. The solution involves a large dose of deception, but no hidden information. Feel free to PM if you want a more specific hint.

Thanks again, your feedback was very helpful Slight smile
My 'Walls of CC1' custom levelset for CC2, JBoneWOCC.zip, containing levels based on the first 28 levels of CC1.
My CC2 misfit levels, JBoneMisfits.zip, containing 4 levels that didn't fit anywhere else.
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Public Apology: I'm very, very sorry about HAUNTED CASTLE, ANTARCTICA, and the endings on VENICE and THINKTANK.
I've played through almost half the set! Here are my thoughts so far:

#1 (HOARDER): Other people may have found this annoying, but I rather liked it. (Though I'm confused about how it's even possible to get that bonus flag at the bottom.) I think part of what makes a great level is managing its identity in terms of design and gameplay, and doing that successfully often involves understanding how to scale an idea - in which the original CC1 often lacked some discernment. This is a great example of placing a concept in a space that works for it. Doing this within the walls of, say, OORTO GELD would've been a disaster, but here, the tiny area of LESSON 1 is perfect. Fun: 4. Difficulty: 3.

#2 (PUSH AND PULL): I'm still not used to hook levels, but this is a great one, and again, the compact space works like a charm. Unless I'm missing something, is it supposed to be impossible to get the bonus flags? Melinda can't walk over dirt, and there are no hiking boots or transmogrifiers that I'm aware of. Fun: 4. Difficulty: 3.

#3 (ONE LESS'N BEFORE): One of the things I appreciate about this set thus far is the balance between levels that are very direct references to their predecessors and others that take the given space and do something completely new. Turning the original boot lesson into a level that involves dropping boots is pure genius. It's not the best level ever, but it's an enjoyable break from the rigid puzzles. (For the record, I ended up peeking in the editor to see the bonus trick.) Fun: 3. Difficulty: 2.

#4 (THOUGHTFUL): I love this idea, but I feel like this could've been a bit more forgiving. I'm glad to read that there's a methodical solution that avoids a take-your-chances-with-the-bugs-and-hope-they-don't-clog-up-an-area approach, which is what I ended up doing, but I guess I missed it. Fun: 2. Difficulty: 3.

#5 (POOL OF THE ACCURSED): This is another level I wasn't terribly thrilled with. The beginning section took me quite a while to figure out, and understanding how to play the "balancing" game with the blue teeth was compounded in difficulty by the CC2 mechanic of teeth lunging forward whenever they start moving depending on what tick you're on. Perhaps there's a better way to solve this, though. I did enjoy the final room and using the boots to trap the teeth in between buttons. Fun: 2. Difficulty: 4.

#6 (SPIRIT PORTAL): It took me a while to figure it out, but this level was a lot of fun. It's yet another example of using space wisely and paying tribute to the original level while taking it in a new direction. As far as I know, there seems to be only one way to set up the yellow teleport in the right room to make the necessary item collecting work. The hint about dropping yellow teleports is also a plus! Well done on all counts. Fun: 5. Difficulty: 4.

#7 (IF WALLS COULD SPEAK): I love how just about everything in this level somehow corresponds to the original, but the gameplay is something incredibly fresh. The playing area for the mirror player is obviously LESSON 7, but the replacement of thieves with transmogrifiers makes this a blast, as is the trick to forcing the buttons to be held down. I especially appreciated the restraint shown here too. It would've been incredibly easy to make this even more difficult by adding elements that are "gender-specific," but preserving the design of the original worked extremely well. Not to mention that upping the difficulty by keeping the original time limit is a plus too. Fun: 4. Difficulty: 3.

#8 (SHE'S GOT A TICKET): Although they may feel like filler, I like these easy levels. They're a welcome break from the tougher challenges, and this one does something I wish we saw in the stock CC2 game: a railroad maze! (Okay, so this is really nothing compared to the wonder that is #13, but we'll get there in a minute.) Making the "trap" areas visible is also a welcome touch as well. Fun: 3. Difficulty: 2.

#9 (OL' STUNT BANDS): There's been a thousand redesigns of NUTS AND BOLTS over the years. Many of them haven't really tried doing much differently than the original, and much of that can be attributed to the limitations of the CC1 elements. But here, we get a nice mixture of concepts old and new, and the new elements work like magic. For instance, I appreciate how the open space of rooms like the original's ice chamber and bug room are now dedicated to completely different challenges, while, say, the fireball / door room still has a fireball and some doors. And, of course, that ice slide. All in all, this was pretty much spot-on. Fun: 5. Difficulty: 3.

#10 (PROBING ACTUALITY): One of the shortcomings of BRUSHFIRE is that you can't really enjoy the full maze with a tiny time limit and a bug chasing you around. Fortunately, this resolves both of those issues. You're free to move around, and there are zero hazards (well, unless you drop the fire boots). Plus, I like the idea of opening up pathways to new areas by virtue of eradicating ice blocks, and the thin walls can certainly keep that interesting. Fun: 4. Difficulty: 1.

#11 (AROUND THE CORNER): Now, this. This level. This level is one of my favorite CC2 levels yet. It manages several tricks - the ability to operate within the allotted space without significant changes is certainly one. The concept actually took me a little while to figure out because I didn't really read the hint carefully - I thought you had to find a transmogrifier and use up your green key to grab that other teleport! Discovering the significance of the railroad area was an amazing "aha!" moment, and navigating the tanks through the maze was a blast, even though I made several mistakes that necessitated a restart. Haven't tried the upper right area yet, but maybe one day. Fun: 5. Difficulty: 3.

#12 (HASHTAGS): It's hard to follow up the last few levels, but this is certainly a decent entry in the set. The yellow tank mechanism works like a charm, and none of it ever feels tedious like its predecessor. Fun: 3. Difficulty: 2.

#13 (GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY): Oh, boy. This might just be my favorite level in the set so far, and at the same time, it gave me the most heartache because I kept making the dumbest mistakes ever, especially right near the end. This concept is absolutely amazing. The fact that the layout of SOUTHPOLE was transplanted here and works like it does is incredible, and the spots where the paths cross over fit into the puzzle perfectly. On top of that, the generous time limit is a huge plus. I won't be ashamed to admit that after I got the RR sign at the end, I took the time to get those bonuses - they felt well-earned! Fun: 5. Difficulty: 4.

One thing that you may want to fix when releasing future levels (at least I hope there will be more!) is the name of the set. It's called "Chips Challenge 2" on the level set selection window. Slight smile
Thanks, J. B.! I appreciate the very specific and descriptive feedback, and the very nice compliments.

I've exhausted my free trials of Parallels, VMWare, and Windows now on both my computers, so I'm not sure when I'll get back to the game, but I'll keep these in mind for when I do.

01 HOARDER

Bonus just involves clearing enough space to push the block up through the FF and onto the trap button (you need suction boots and armor). I've done it a couple times, just had to come up with a room-by-room plan to pack away all the unneeded items.

02 PUSH AND PULL
Did I really do that with the bonuses? Fail I think I designed the level with Chip and switched it to Melinda last minute.

I'll take another look at 04 THOUGHTFUL and 05 POOL OF THE ACCURSED since they haven't been too popular. On THOUGHTFUL I must have just stumbled upon the method, since I've gotten it almost every time. I definitely didn't think it was going to be as frustrating for players as it apparently has been. On POOL yeah the teeth balancing is borderline outrageous. I can pull this level off almost every time but it definitely might be a case where my knowing the intended solution obscures the difficulty of finding it. I may just do a complete redesign.

On 06 SPIRIT PORTAL, I'm pretty sure you're right, only one spot for the teleport that works. This was definitely a case of trying a design without knowing whether it would be possible, I was pretty relieved to find that sweet spot.

The rest of your reviews are pretty in-line with my own feelings about the levels, which is always a relief as a designer! I'm looking forward to trying out Centennium once I figure out the least expensive way to play CC2 Thumbs up .
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Personally, I quite liked Thoughtful. I went for bonuses twice, decided that got too chaotic and then just trapped all the bugs circling and it was easy and fun.
My CC1 levelsets: (25, 150, 149, 149, 149, 149, 60, 149, 43, +2 = 1025 total)
25 levels.dat | Ultimate Chip.dat | Ultimate Chip 2.ccl | Ultimate Chip 3.dac | Ultimate Chip 4.zip | Ultimate Chip 5 | Ultimate Chip 6 Walls of CCLP4 i^e
IHNN-Ultimate: 147 of my best levels (through UC5), plus 2 entirely new ones. May be overhauled soon.

My CC2 levelsets: (100, ???)
IHNN1 | IHNN2

My CC score tracker. Has lots of cool automated features!
Twitch | Youtube | Twitter
I downloaded this set some time ago, but it's taken me a long time to get you some feedback, since many of your levels are harder than a bulletproof vest wrapped around a steel pole Wink . This is not a bad thing, of course. I think the idea for you levelset is intriguing and I surely was challenged while playing it. Here's my feedback, highly subjective as usual. Feel free to take what you want from it and leave what you don't want Slight smile.

1 HOARDER

I'm gonna have to agree with _H_ on this one. It's certainly not an attractive level to be met by as the first in the set. I think I spent more time looking at my inventory than the actual playing screen. Not a big fan.

2 PUSH AND PULL

Now this one is much more fun! The constricted space and shortness of the level makes this one a winner. I thought there was some hiking boots underneath one of the blocks, and that was the way you was gonna get the bonuses.

3 ONE LESS'N BEFORE

I kind of think the solution is to

[Click to Show Content]
. I never managed to pull that off. It's a intriguing puzzle, one which looks practically impossible with so few elements. But yeah, I was not able to win this one.

4 THOUGHTFUL

The idea was interesting, that you're this substitute teacher who needs to set your rebellious, teenage ant students straight and shape them into regular, upstanding ant citizens. It was pretty hard though, I never got it to work even after numerous attempts. But I liked the design of the level. Maybe a bit fewer ants would make this one more enjoyable.

5 POOL OF THE ACURSED

I haven't been able to figure this one out, seems very hard. Will get back to you about it.

6 SPIRIT PORTAL

This one is really cool! It's one of the level which takes the old CC1 map and creates an entirely new situation that still sits well with the old map. It's really tricky to get it right and mindbending to think the steps ahead required to pull it off. Very cool concept.

7 IF WALLS COULD SPEAK

This one was very enjoyable to play through. Doppelganger-controlling missions are great when you can turn off the control and walk around and plan ahead. I had a good time with this one.

8 SHE'S GOT A TICKET

I'm not a big fan of railroad-track heavy levels, mostly due to me having a hard time to see where each track leads. The shortness of this one made up for it though, but due to my personal bias, not one of my favorites. But it was neatly designed.

9 OL' STUNT BANDS

Very cool level with many interesting and eye-popping puzzles. This one was a blast to play through. I don't know if you regard it as a bust, but I kind of stacked up on some extra bowling balls in the block destroying room and used them to kill off a few bouncing balls as to make it easier for me (I liked that I was able to do that). I think it's cool that its a full fledged NUTS AND BOLTS sequel with the same concept of different rooms with separate puzzles, only this time they're only based around CC2-mechanics.

10 PROBING ACTUALITY

I had a good time walking around a popping ice blocks into chips Slight smile One of those levels which isn't hard but still satisfying.

11 AROUND THE CORNER

Terrific concept that translates into a fun experience experimenting with the tanks. Definitely one of the strongest level so far. My only improvement suggested would be maybe making the third tanks path easier, and maybe putting ice on those long stretches you have to walk for the chips and bonuses. I had Cock Robin's song "Just Around The Corner" stuck in my head the whole time playing it Teeth .

12 HASHTAGS

Honestly, I think this level is really charming and cute. I had a fun time playing it and think it I think it earns it's spot in the set Slight smile.

That's how far I've come. More feedback when I beat more levels Slight smile .
My levelset: https://forum.bitbusters.club/thread-1491.html
Any feedback is much appreciated! Slight smile
Thanks for the feedback! Please feel free to put 13 and 14 on the back-burner until the end as they are arguably the hardest in the set!

01 HOARDER - that's two votes against and only one in support. Too bad... I may eventually re-order all the levels by difficulty and that way I can make a nicer opening experience.

02 PUSH AND PULL - yeah the bonuses are broken.

03 ONE LESS'N BEFORE - you got the idea right. I'm still trying to figure out why it only works half the time.

04 THOUGHTFUL - never thought it would be so difficult for everyone! When I figure out how to restore my broken access to CC2, I'll have to record my solution.

05 POOL OF THE ACCURSED - don't worry too much about this one. The feedback I've gotten is enough that I'll probably make considerable revisions to lower the difficulty.

09 OL' STUNT BANDS - I hadn't considered that. I think it's definitely a minor bust, especially since you can kill the walker and simplify the red teleport puzzle.

11 AROUND THE CORNER - thanks! I hear what you're saying about the third tank, but I also really want to stay true to the walls of TRINITY. Plus I like it that it is possible but difficult so the bonus is that much more rewarding. Ice on the long stretches is definitely a good idea.

Thanks on all the rest!
Designer totals:
15 levels in CCLP3
52 levels in CC2
Part two of my review Slight smile

13 GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY

Haven't beaten it yet, but it's a really clever level.

14 TELEBLAST

This level is really cool! I just wish I could wrap my head around how to beat it, I'm pretty stuck as is. Looking forward to when I get further on it Thumbs up

15 FORCE ANXIETY

I had a really hard time on this level at first. I came back some time later and won it in my first try. It's a decent level, not one of my favorites though, but it earns it's spot.

16 CAREENING

This was one of the most fun levels in my opinion. I played through it twice, the second time to get the bonus. Really good twist on Cellblocked, which was a level I really didn't like back then.

17 DEADLY SMILE

At first I had a really hard time with this level, and I somehow didn't understand the hint. After I got the hint the level still was pretty difficult to pull off due to the plethora of pink balls and the need to remain in motion at all times. However, eventually I got into the groove, and once I had figured out a suitable plan for execution it was actually quite fun. It's a very cool concept, which is what gave me such diligence Slight smile

18 DUNGEON QUEST

I really wanted to like this level, but it's too frustrating. This has the potential to become the Blobnet of the set, in my opinion. I have tried a lot of times but always screwed up, so I've pretty much given up on it. I think it could be fun if it were way less monsters.

19 ROVER SWAPPER

Unfortunately the random behavior of the rover messed a bit with my enjoyability of the level. It's a cool concept as always, but with the tight time limit it feels a bit out of your hands how it's gonna go (I finished it with just 5 seconds left on the clock). The speed boots mitigates this to a certain extent, but it still wasn't one of my favorites.

20 MISBEHAVIOR

I will get back to you about this one. It's really hard Teeth

Is it a spoof on the Kool-Aid Man? (maybe that was super obvious)

21 INTERNET FREEZE

This one took me several tries to beat, I always ended up with a few chips left when the time was up (the time limit was fine though, with a longer one it would probably be too easy). Very nice aesthetically and in my opinion a bit tricky. I liked this one.

22 EVER PASSING MOMENT

It's a very cool 'dance' pattern you have designed but it's way too much to keep track of for me. Probably not gonna finish it.

23 REDEMPTION LEVEL

Very cool mechanic, no question about it. A nice twist of Blobnet Slight smile

24 AUTOMATIC MINING MACHINE

It feels like I'm a broken record at this point, but... very cool mechanic! Smiley This one was really fun to play, originally I didn't know that your direction controlled what way the bowling balls went, so I was a bit frustrated at first. Once I got it, it became much more fun. It requires a lot of carefulness to get through however, which eventually puts you into a certain mindset. Really like this level.

25 CONSTANT COMPANION

I actually had a really fun time with this one, the level is super-cute. It's very straight-forward but also fun to execute.

26 PROCESS IMPROVEMENT

At first I was flabbergasted at what to do in this level, it was a lot to take in. Once I got through that first part I had a good time with the level. I didn't comprehend the switch problem around the bug, so I solved it by just randomly hammering the switches Confused. Another of those levels where you've really taken the original level's layout and made something completely different with it.

27 DETECTIVE STORY

This. My favorite level, no question. Awesome in how mystic it appears at first, how you will need to revert your conventional CC-solving thinking, in how it beautifully bastardizes Go With The Flow into creating a level that in some ways is the anti-thesis to it, great use of monsters. Very nice bonus which feels rewarding to get. I think it's fair, fun with a medium difficulty. It's a tricky level, but I like levels like that Wink

28 FACES IN THE MIRROR

Very cool level again, with a good difficulty, had it been harder I think it would have felt a bit annoying, but as it is it's a very satisfactory and cool-looking level to play through.

Are there any plans to continue this levelset? I know you have some troubles getting access to CC2, which is a shame, but I'd really like to see more of this experiment (or just more levels from you in general). Your levels are extremely creative and unique. Even the levels I don't like I want to like because of the handiwork Tongue.
My levelset: https://forum.bitbusters.club/thread-1491.html
Any feedback is much appreciated! Slight smile